MATTHEW PERRY DEAD AT 54

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have seen lots of comments on news stories from people upset this was being followed up on. In most overdoses, there may not be any way to determine who provided the drugs. But in this case there was, because it was probably given by a physician. I fully support these investigations.

I am not so sure. Physicians prescribe medications, based on symptoms presented by the patient. If a patient does not follow the prescribed dosage, or takes other substances with the medication that is contraindicated, how is this the responsibility of the physician? This also includes participation in activities that are contraindicated by the medication instructions.

Physicians are so fearful of the "witch hunts" for over prescribing opiods, that qualified medical providers that manage chronic pain are difficult to find. Case in point, my husband has a documented service connected injury, from service in the military in a war zone. He has shrapnel in his back. Even, 50 years later from his injury, shards of metal come out of his skin. They were too small or embedded to remove surgically.

Physicians have refused to provide pain medication to him. A decorated military veteran was told to "do yoga" to control his pain. He can barely move. We have to drive over 300 miles to a qualified pain management provider each month for his meds. And arrests of providers who do give opioid prescriptions means maybe less physicians will provide needed care for people who have chronic pain conditions.

I am not so sure. Physicians prescribe medications, based on symptoms presented by the patient. If a patient does not follow the prescribed dosage, or takes other substances with the medication that is contraindicated, how is this the responsibility of the physician? This also includes participation in activities that are contraindicated by the medication instructions.

Physicians are so fearful of the "witch hunts" for over prescribing opiods, that qualified medical providers that manage chronic pain are difficult to find. Case in point, my husband has a documented service connected injury, from service in the military in a war zone. He has shrapnel in his back. Even, 50 years later from his injury, shards of metal come out of his skin. They were too small or embedded to remove surgically.

Physicians have refused to provide pain medication to him. A decorated military veteran was told to "do yoga" to control his pain. He can barely move. We have to drive over 300 miles to a qualified pain management provider each month for his meds. And arrests of providers who do give opioid prescriptions means maybe less physicians will provide needed care for people who have chronic pain conditions.

This is inexcusable! I'm so sorry this happened.

What you say is true. The DEA has put the fear of God into doctors and pharmacists to the point that people who legitimately need controlled substances for a medical condition, be it pain, ADHD, or even drug addiction, aren't being treated. The policy and over-zealous actions of the feds has actually handicapped legitimate treatment and further stigmatized conditions for which a controlled substance is indicated.

Now, I will say that if these doctors were in any way practicing outside the scope of legitimate treatment, then they should be punished the fullest extent of the law and it goes without saying they should never practice medicine again. Bad doctors are the ones who are ruining medicine and preventing patients from getting the care they need. But we shouldn't jump on-board the bad doctor train until we see the evidence.

MOO.

These were two doctors that were writing apparently bogus prescripts and not injecting him in the office, but giving it to him for home use, knowing his history. The were providing it for recreational use.

These were two doctors that were writing apparently bogus prescripts and not injecting him in the office, but giving it to him for home use, knowing his history. The were providing it for recreational use.

I don't know enough about the case to say one way or another if these docs were supplying for recreational use or if the scripts were bogus, but just chiming in to say that Ketamine can be used at home and someone's history of substance use should be taken into account, but isn't a contraindication to treatment. Ketamine is used off label for a number of health conditions, including mental health conditions, but its use is controversial in general. I'll be curious to read the details of what these doctors did in the coming weeks.

I don't know enough about the case to say one way or another if these docs were supplying for recreational use or if the scripts were bogus, but just chiming in to say that Ketamine can be used at home and someone's history of substance use should be taken into account, but isn't a contraindication to treatment. Ketamine is used off label for a number of health conditions, including mental health conditions, but its use is controversial in general. I'll be curious to read the details of what these doctors did in the coming weeks.

Perry became addicted apparently when he was being treated for depression. Then his treating physicians refused to increase his doses as he wanted. So Perry started going elsewhere. The new doctor was just interested in making money as evidenced by the texts with the other doctor (who allegedly was illegally diverting Ketamine from his own clinic) saying "I wonder how much is this moron will pay?" These docs, through their DEA credentials and prescription writing privileges are just selling Ketamine and other controlled substances for cash. AND to someone they knew or should have known was addicted.

It sounds like these people were already on the Fed's radar anyway and that was part of the reason for the scope of the investigation.

It's in the affadavits, outright fraud by these doctors, using other patient's prescriptions and lying/creating false patients for the suppliers. This isn't about grey areas of treatment modalities.

JMO

Placencia and Chavez allegedly charged Perry $2,000 for a vial of ketamine that would cost Chavez about $12. As his addiction grew, Perry went to the streets for his ketamine where he ultimately bought the drugs that resulted in his death.

From September to October 2023, officials say Perry paid the doctors $55,000 in cash in exchange for 20 vials of ketamine which Iwamasa would administer to the actor.

If interested, full article at link...

Updated Aug 15, 2024 at 3:00 PM EDT

NAMES OF Those charged are;
1. Kenneth Iwamasa (PA)
2. Dr.Salvador Plasencia
3.Javeen Sangha ("Ketamine Queen")
4.Dr. Mark Chavez
5. Eric Fleming (apparently the delivery guy

Sangha, 41, and Plasencia, 42, were both arrested on Thursday in southern California. They were both charged with one count of conspiracy to distribute ketamine. Sangha, a North Hollywood resident who holds dual citizenship in the U.S. and U.K., was also charged with several other drug related offenses.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee
Back