Maxie's House

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I could not find a thread for MaxInMotion therefore I thought this thread was appropriate even though it relates to Jonah not Dina. The COVE center became the Max Shacknai COVE, named in memory of Max Shacknai, son of Jonah Shacknai ’78.

Colgate dedicates Max Shacknai Center for Outreach, Volunteerism, and Education

BY MARK WALDEN ON APRIL 10, 2013

Snip -On March 22, campus community members gathered to reassert the center’s mission as it became the Max Shacknai COVE, named in memory of Max Shacknai, son of Jonah Shacknai ’78.

For all of the words of thanks and commendation spoken during the dedication, the Max Shacknai COVE has a “show me, don’t tell me” legacy that was reaffirmed by Jonah Shacknai himself. Speaking to students, faculty, and staff, he reminded them that, “as we look around our world — as we look around our community — no matter what our luck, we have the opportunity to take stock, realize that we have great fortune, and with that great fortune, great responsibility.”

http://news.colgate.edu/2013/04/col...-for-outreach-volunteerism-and-education.html

Max Shacknai Cove -

•COVE Mission and Goals
The ultimate mission of the COVE is to train students to consider the root causes of, and issues surrounding community needs, and to develop the skills and strategies that catalyze real and lasting change.

•Our Goals
The COVE is a professionally staffed organization on campus to support student volunteer organizations, service-learning classes, internship programs, residential life initiatives, social-change efforts, and change-oriented career counseling.

•Our Two Driving Challenges
To create healthy communities that meet the multiple needs of all people.
To create an active body of citizen community builders.

http://www.colgate.edu/campus-life/volunteerism/max-a-shacknai-cove

I could not find a thread for MaxInMotion therefore I thought this thread was appropriate even though it relates to Jonah not Dina. The COVE center became the Max Shacknai COVE, named in memory of Max Shacknai, son of Jonah Shacknai ’78.

Colgate dedicates Max Shacknai Center for Outreach, Volunteerism, and Education

BY MARK WALDEN ON APRIL 10, 2013

Snip -On March 22, campus community members gathered to reassert the center’s mission as it became the Max Shacknai COVE, named in memory of Max Shacknai, son of Jonah Shacknai ’78.

For all of the words of thanks and commendation spoken during the dedication, the Max Shacknai COVE has a “show me, don’t tell me” legacy that was reaffirmed by Jonah Shacknai himself. Speaking to students, faculty, and staff, he reminded them that, “as we look around our world — as we look around our community — no matter what our luck, we have the opportunity to take stock, realize that we have great fortune, and with that great fortune, great responsibility.”

http://news.colgate.edu/2013/04/col...-for-outreach-volunteerism-and-education.html

Max Shacknai Cove -

•COVE Mission and Goals
The ultimate mission of the COVE is to train students to consider the root causes of, and issues surrounding community needs, and to develop the skills and strategies that catalyze real and lasting change.

•Our Goals
The COVE is a professionally staffed organization on campus to support student volunteer organizations, service-learning classes, internship programs, residential life initiatives, social-change efforts, and change-oriented career counseling.

•Our Two Driving Challenges
To create healthy communities that meet the multiple needs of all people.
To create an active body of citizen community builders.

http://www.colgate.edu/campus-life/volunteerism/max-a-shacknai-cove
I have to say this man is starting to grow on me.
I'm not sure I trust him completely, but he does shine when compared to his second ex-wife.

I have to say this man is starting to grow on me.
I'm not sure I trust him completely, but he does shine when compared to his second ex-wife.

My sentiments exactly. Jonah certainly has picked the most legitimate and classier ways to remember and recognize Max's life. Organized, goal driven, legitimate, steady leadership, and honor worthy.

Dina's still has not submitted to the public any accomplishments or goals reached within the first year of Maxie's House existence. The public has never been informed of how much money was raised let alone attendance at any of the several parties she threw. Isn't legitimate protocol to announce proceeds raised after an event? Dina's non profit appears to display some level of disorganization and lack of steady leadership. Didn't Jonah's best friend Howard refer to Dina as "chaotic"? (per LE interviews in Anne Rule's book)

I think freeforums is the domain name, so the LHK forum is not technically/legally registered as any domain. They just provide subforums free to those who sign up.

I think freeforums is the domain name, so the LHK forum is not technically/legally registered as any domain. They just provide subforums free to those who sign up.

The Zahau WDS can subpoena the freeforums.org owners to obtain the LHK subforum domain registrant's info including a print-out of all relevant posts that slanders/denigrates the Zahaus :) All these, IMO, will greatly support the charge of "stalking" and "cyberstalking" of the Zahaus by some of the defendants in the WDS as I believe many posters are either the defendants named themselves or parties close to them.

The Zahau WDS can subpoena the freeforums.org owners to obtain the LHK subforum domain registrant's info including a print-out of all relevant posts that slanders/denigrates the Zahaus :) All these, IMO, will greatly support the charge of "stalking" and "cyberstalking" of the Zahaus by some of the defendants in the WDS as I believe many posters are either the defendants named themselves or parties close to them.

I agree with you, Bourne. Good to have that information about what can be subpoenaed. The content in the LHK forum is rich with content that could help the Zahaus.

BTW, I do believe that is a safe link if anyone is curious about it. I have been there many times with no problems. It is disturbing to spend much time there, though.

:notgood:.

I agree with you, Bourne. Good to have that information about what can be subpoenaed. The content in the LHK forum is rich with content that could help the Zahaus.

BTW, I do believe that is a safe link if anyone is curious about it. I have been there many times with no problems. It is disturbing to spend much time there, though.

Please be careful if you do visit the site. I was just there and started to immediately have computer problems.

Please be careful if you do visit the site. I was just there and started to immediately have computer problems.

I've been there, but only from computers that are public and not my own. :shrug:

I wouldn't recommend doing it from your personal IP address. Always be careful. They do love it when we talk about them. ;)

I think they would have to have a warrant. I don't think a judge would grant a warrant unless there is some evidence this pertains to Dina (Nina, Adam's) consciousness of guilt or there is some content on there that supports claims in the wrongful death suit (connected to one of the Plaintiffs). Otherwise, wouldn't a judge just see it as a fishing expedition. A judge might grant a warrant just to find out if Dina, Nina, or Adam registered that forum?

These are probably good questions to ask our lawyers.

I think they would have to have a warrant. I don't think a judge would grant a warrant unless there is some evidence this pertains to Dina (Nina, Adam's) consciousness of guilt or there is some content on there that supports claims in the wrongful death suit (connected to one of the Plaintiffs). Otherwise, wouldn't a judge just see it as a fishing expedition. A judge might grant a warrant just to find out if Dina, Nina, or Adam registered that forum?

I'm certain that once the WDS proceeds, the lawyers would be able to convince the judge whether or not such subpoenas are warranted and necessary, and the court would rule accordingly, particularly given that the WDS specifically charges the defendants with "stalking" issues.

These are ordinary procedurals for the court and there's no reason for us to ask lawyers here on WS who are not working specifically on the Zahau case about these particulars.

There is also content there that is not public, that their garden-variety members cannot see and have to request access. I don't doubt that they do a thorough check before granting that permission. IMO there is someone there with very advanced tech skills or very advanced (like LE) tools.

There is also content there that is not public, that their garden-variety members cannot see and have to request access. I don't doubt that they do a thorough check before granting that permission. IMO there is someone there with very advanced tech skills or very advanced (like LE) tools.

Or of course, ex-LE members.....

I'm certain that once the WDS proceeds, the lawyers would be able to convince the judge whether or not such subpoenas are warranted and necessary, and the court would rule accordingly, particularly given that the WDS specifically charges the defendants with "stalking" issues.

These are ordinary procedurals for the court and there's no reason for us to ask lawyers here on WS who are not working specifically on the Zahau case about these particulars.

I beg to differ. Freeforums is a large place and a subpoena is not enough to compel them to spill those beans if they were worried about their other patrons thinking they gave up this info so easily. It could be a matter of free speech... so when does it cross that line related to LHK. Rebecca was dead before it was started so no one on the forum is responsible for her death/murder for 'stalking' on there. Again, I'm not saying there isn't something relevant on there (and sorry for being off topic here), but there needs to be a darn good reason to get a warrant for these kinds of things and so far it seems all we know is that Dina's expert cited them in a report. Someone could have revealed something on there that either shows they were involved in a crime, that someone else was, or that there is some ill intent/consciousness of guilt of one of the defendants (sorry, I think I said plaintiff before). So, what exactly is the entré/justification to get a warrant and/or what is on there that is incriminating?

I beg to differ. Freeforums is a large place and a subpoena is not enough to compel them to spill those beans if they were worried about their other patrons thinking they gave up this info so easily. It could be a matter of free speech... so when does it cross that line related to LHK. Rebecca was dead before it was started so no one on the forum is responsible for her death/murder for 'stalking' on there. Again, I'm not saying there isn't something relevant on there (and sorry for being off topic here), but there needs to be a darn good reason to get a warrant for these kinds of things and so far it seems all we know is that Dina's expert cited them in a report. Someone could have revealed something on there that either shows they were involved in a crime, that someone else was, or that there is some ill intent/consciousness of guilt of one of the defendants (sorry, I think I said plaintiff before). So, what exactly is the entré/justification to get a warrant and/or what is on there that is incriminating?

LOL Time. Not sure what you're begging to differ about.

I said this is a legal issue best argued by the WDS lawyers in court. I'm not going to search legal precedents and statistical data of cases to support or refute arguments here on WS re: whether a judge will put forth an order regarding subpoenas for LHK website info. That was all I said.

I will say, however, that in cases of clear homicides, one would reasonably assume that judges would allow a great breadth and latitude in regards to obtaining warrants for evidence. In the Zahau case, as Rebecca's death has been ruled a suicide, IDK.

If you're interested in the law regarding this issue, you can ask on the legal thread. :seeya:

BBM. A very important fact and it doesn't require a law degree to know the court can not ignore it.

JMO

:floorlaugh: LOVE it when someone restates what I say and then asserts they are in disagreement.

Wow, *Lash*! That was very informative! Thank you!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cweiss72
Back