May 24: Another Tornado Outbreak Is Expected Today and Tomorrow

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Scandi, that's the second round of hail for the ballpark tonight.

They just said Rockwall county is under a tornado warning for another 25 minutes. Although I'm right on the edge of Dallas and Rockwall counties, it seems like we're in the clear and the sirens have stopped.

I assume this thread is for all the tornado activity from Texas to Mo, right? They have issued one alarm in Joplin and expect another alarm soon.

Gee DK, thanks for the tip on the weather channel. Other than that we out West wouldn't learn anything till the 11pm News. xox The newscaster is a little shook up ~ more nervous than anything but he's controlling it quite well.

Little girl missing. Did not catch details or if it's related to a storm. Per KFOR.

I assume this thread is for all the tornado activity from Texas to Mo, right? They have issued one alarm in Joplin and expect another alarm soon.

Gee DK, thanks for the tip on the weather channel. Other than that we out West wouldn't learn anything till the 11pm News. xox The newscaster is a little shook up ~ more nervous than anything but he's controlling it quite well.

A tornado has been spotted on the ground by Joplin according to spotters.

You're welcome on the tip for the Weather Channel.

Yes, this thread is for all of the tornadoes in that area since this is the outbreak that was predicted.

Kansas Highway Patrol says 2 people were killed by an airborne tree! :(

Young child missing from Piedmont. Sounds like it's storm related. per KFOR.

Says big news tomorrow will be OK and Dallas. ETA: What happened today or what will happen tomorrow?

Ok talking about the damage in Dallas.

A large, wedge tornado is on the ground south of Dallas.

2 1/2 year old little girl in the four corners area.

We are about to get hit by another cell in about 15 minutes, then there's another one behind that one.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long night. I can't go to bed on nights like these.

According to our news, the National Weather Service says Denning, Arkansas has been "destroyed."

That's about 45 miles east of Fort Smith, along I-40. Population 250.

FORT SMITH, Ark. -- The National Weather Service is reporting that a large, dangerous tornado has destroyed the town of Denning, Arkansas, in Franklin County, just south of Altus.

The tornado hit the area about 12:15 a.m., and it continued to the northeast. Spotters reported that this large tornado was up to a mile wide at one point just before it struck Denning.

http://www.4029tv.com/r/28015067/detail.html

Here's the silliest question I've heard in ages, from that weather questions/answers chat I linked above:

Comment From *****
THANKS AGAIN NICK. WHERE CAN WE GO TO ACTUALLY SEE TORNADOS ON GROUND AND MOVING DO YOU KNOW????

This person must think there's a tornado zoo or something, or that they aren't dangerous if kept at a distance!

Oh My goodness! Glad he didn't ask me that question! :truce: Wild goose chase comes to mind! :innocent::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: Oh! I'm so BAD!!! :waitasec::silly:

I'd tell him to go buy a bottle of Mr Clean and open it and run like hell!

Any reports of damage to OU Medical Center in Okc? I have to be there today. Maybe I better call and check before leaving.:fence:

I'll be heading to Highway 270 and going up on Indian Nation Turnpike.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back