Maybe she didn't abandon the car - Gas cans will solve the case.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Although if this theory that she got the froozen food from Amy is true, wouldn't Amy have mentioned it? I dunno.
*snipping*

I thought about that, too. There's no more mention of it in Amy's text msgs. Amy had a lot of things going on around time. Could she simply have forgotten it?

There are so many unknowns here. I mentioned the possibility of the food coming from Amy's because everyone was asking where it came from, and I remembered reading Amy's message about picking up the food from her former residence. A couple of other things click here, but I don't want to mention them yet. Have to read more.

Arrrggghhh!!! Can't believe I'm going to spend my day off at this computer. LOL I'm hooked. :bang:

Yea so she could have driven the Sunfire to Amy's to pickup food really early. Or she may have dropped her car off before 7am, then got a ride somehow to Amy's to pickup the food.

Although if this theory that she got the froozen food from Amy is true, wouldn't Amy have mentioned it? I dunno.

I'm finding it hard to believe she got the food from her parents house. Think she can sneak in early without waking her parents? Or at least her Dad after Mom leaves?

The chicken you can let thaw for a long time. The ice pops make me think that she had left whoever's house not too long before 11am when Tony picked her up. She could have tricked her parents into leaving the house, per Brittany's statement. Or got there after they left for the day. For some reason Tony thinks the food came from the parents. But he doesn't state why he thinks that.

The are two timelines for the car. The first one is from Tony and the second one is from JG.

Tony’s timeline based on his statement
June 27th 7:00Am when the Amscot building lady first came into work that morning is when she said she noticed the car parked next to the dumpster. [previous documents]

Casey had spent the night with Tony and had left sometime in the morning and told him she would be back.
Casey called Tony and said she had run out of gas. (He does not remember the date but he knows it was the next morning after Casey stay overnight.)
Tony said he went and picked her up around 11:00Am
Tony said Casey had groceries with her.

Time void. 4- hour
From at least 7:00AM June 27th [if not early] to when Tony picked Casey up from the Amscot parking lot at 11:00AM June 27th

Tony never said there was frozen food.

Tony L. statement on July 22 2008
Document Page 23/1014 Transcript Page 23 Line 13-20
TL: No Child with her at all. She had some groceries and uh, some clothes.
EE: Where the groceries from?
TL: Uh, they weren’t actually groceries from the store. It was from her house. She had some freezer pops and like some Tyson chicken, or something to make for dinner that night.
EE: From Grandma’s house
TL: Yeah because it wasn’t in any bags. Uh, it looked like normal plastic bags
Tony never said there was frozen food.

Tony L. statement on July 22 2008
Document Page 23/1014 Transcript Page 23 Line 13-20
TL: No Child with her at all. She had some groceries and uh, some clothes.
EE: Where the groceries from?
TL: Uh, they weren’t actually groceries from the store. It was from her house. She had some freezer pops and like some Tyson chicken, or something to make for dinner that night.
EE: From Grandma’s house
TL: Yeah because it wasn’t in any bags. Uh, it looked like normal plastic bags

Jessie’s timeline bases on his statement
June 27th 7:00Am when the Amscot building lady first came into work that morning is when she said she noticed the car parked next to the dumpster. [previous documents] to Casey’s call to ask JG to pick her up on June 28 at 1:25 PM.

Time void 30-1/2 plus hours
From at least 7:00AM June 27th [if not early] to when Casey called JG and asked to be picked up from the Amscot parking lot at 1:25PM June 28th

Jessie G. statement on July 23, 2008
Document Page 283/1520 Transcript Page 17 Line 7-19
EE: the 28th
JG: I received a phone call from Casey
EE: Uh-hum
JG: Uhm, telling me that her call had run out of gas and she wanted to borrow a gan can from me. Uhm, at the time, I was not uh, I was on, she said that s.. her car was 50 and Goldenrod and that she needed a gas can uh, because she knew I had one because I used to keep one in my truck.
EE: OK
JG: However I was at my parents’ house on the other side of town. And there was no way I was going to be able to get over there and help her out. But we had a conversation about it why she ran out of gas. What she was going to be able to do. And that was about the extent. It happened at 1:25.
EE: 1:25?
JG Uh-uhm
EE: PM?
JG: Yes sir.

Jessie G. continues and said that Amy H. told him that Tony went and picked Casey up and he had spoken to Amy and she told him that her (Amy) and Casey had gone to get a gas on the morning of June 30th. It also appears that JG places the car on Aug 29th at the Amscot parking lot. It does not say that he saw the vehicle there but JG has it noted on his on timeline that her provided to LE that the car was there.

Two things.
I have been under the impression that Tone is in class from 9:00Am to 1:00PM at Full Sail. So I have to question the time that of 11:00AM that Tony said he picked up Casey.
If Casey dumped the Car by the 27th 7:00AM time and she is calling JG on the June 28th at 1:25PM in the afternoon to come and get her because she ran out of gas what was Casey driving during that time.

Perhaps she abandoned the car because of the smell, tried to plan what she was going to do with the car and then once she made the decision to torch it and returned to Amscot, the car was gone???

I think the reason she was trying to get gas cans is that she was under the delusion that the smell would go away after the body was out of the car.

Telling Amy prior to the 27th that her car smelled horrible and was getting worse combined with telling her on the 27th that there was a dead squirrel in the grill and "she got rid of it" seems pretty close to the truth no?

You are right about TonE not saying there was frozen food, but then Jessie did not say she asked him to pick her up at the Amscot, she asked him for a gas can.
TonE was temporarily out of school at this time, and a few days later left for NY until July 5th.
I don't know that G and C have been accounted for at this time. Maybe they weren't home. There have been reports KC was sneaking into the house and taking stuff from them, but no one else, other than Amy, have reported any thefts.
I also think someone's timeline is off here. Maybe the car ran out of gas and TonE picked her up on the 26th vs. 27th.
Anyway, my opinion is she really did run out of gas. She got the car pushed in to the parking lot, and then she called TonE to pick her up. Maybe she didn't want to bother him to get gas for the car, as he and his roommate were already giving her grief about him maybe not coming back from NY, so she might have just been trying to not put him out any more than necessary. I think she fully intended to get someone to help her get some gas and get the car back, but it got towed before she got it done. She talked to Jessie on the 28th about it, Amy on the 29th, and then she and Amy went and bought a gas can on the 30th. Car was towed on the 30th, and she told Amy that later when she was asked. I don't see how she would have known unless she actually went by there and at minimum saw the car was gone.
Lanie

Pic of gas can found @ Blanchard Park.....

Originally Posted by EastSideOfSaddness
Here's the gas can that JJ found on one of the searches.

http://www.josephsjordan.com/caylee/Caylee007.JPG

I may be wrong, but that gas can looks a bit old. its supposed to be the one she had purchased right? because the others were returned. But that one looks like its been quite sun faded, and i don't know about FL but where I live the gas cans they sell now are a darker red then the old orange ones they used to sell....

And its not just that the top is orange maybe from that one side being sun faded from laying there, because you can see in the photo that the entire can is orange.

You are right about TonE not saying there was frozen food, but then Jessie did not say she asked him to pick her up at the Amscot, she asked him for a gas can.
TonE was temporarily out of school at this time, and a few days later left for NY until July 5th.
I don't know that G and C have been accounted for at this time. Maybe they weren't home. There have been reports KC was sneaking into the house and taking stuff from them, but no one else, other than Amy, have reported any thefts.
I also think someone's timeline is off here. Maybe the car ran out of gas and TonE picked her up on the 26th vs. 27th.
Anyway, my opinion is she really did run out of gas. She got the car pushed in to the parking lot, and then she called TonE to pick her up. Maybe she didn't want to bother him to get gas for the car, as he and his roommate were already giving her grief about him maybe not coming back from NY, so she might have just been trying to not put him out any more than necessary. I think she fully intended to get someone to help her get some gas and get the car back, but it got towed before she got it done. She talked to Jessie on the 28th about it, Amy on the 29th, and then she and Amy went and bought a gas can on the 30th. Car was towed on the 30th, and she told Amy that later when she was asked. I don't see how she would have known unless she actually went by there and at minimum saw the car was gone.
Lanie

Lanie, I think you're dead on! I have always assumed that Casey left the car at the Amscot on the 26th, not the 27th. The employee noticed the car at 7am on the 27th - I highly doubt that it had been left there just that morning. Tony did not remember exactly what day he picked Casey up there, just that she had spent the night before at his place, left to run errands, then ran out of gas. I think she stopped to get food & clothes at her parents' during the day (while they would have been at work) on the 26th before she ditched the car. Whichever employee left when the Amscot closed on the 26th probably didn't notice the car ... IIRC, it's in a shopping center/strip mall with a few other things, so there were probably several cars there at that point. It was probably more noticeable early in the morning on the 27th, with fewer cars in the lot. Or maybe the employee who opened that day was just more observant. Just my 2 cents!

I may be wrong, but that gas can looks a bit old. its supposed to be the one she had purchased right? because the others were returned. But that one looks like its been quite sun faded, and i don't know about FL but where I live the gas cans they sell now are a darker red then the old orange ones they used to sell....

And its not just that the top is orange maybe from that one side being sun faded from laying there, because you can see in the photo that the entire can is orange.

Yes, it looks old. That faded part looks like white spray paint and there seems to be white flecks on the side.

Updating with the "two timeline" info provided by Shadow of my Mind... still not sure when casey called jesse.. the 27th or 28th.

Ok updated:
Originally Posted by maza
:waitasec:

June 17: Neighbor BrianB states he saw Casey's car back into garage bb092308.pdf
June 18 or19: BrianB states at 1:30pm he saw Casey's car backed into garage
June 20: BrainB states he saw Casey's car back into the garage
June 20: Casey says she runs out of gas
June 20: Tony says he and Casey pick up Gas Cans from Anthony's house
June 20: date Lee says gas cans were missing
June 22-24: days that George says the cans were missing
June 24: Casey returns cans to George (see Lee's statement)
June 26? 27? : Casey leaves car at Amscot (is there a time?)
June 26? 27? Casey leaves purse in car (no keys) ?
June 27: Amscot employee reports seeing car at 7:00 am; "front of car toward the curb" 17290449.pdf, pg 57
June 27? : Casey calls Jesse @ 10:30 re: needing help to get gas and car
June 27: Casey texts friends "what are the odds i run out of gas 2 fridays" @noon texts Amy re smell in car
June 27: Tony picks Casey up at 11 or 12 ? a.m. at Amscot
June 28? : Casey calls Jesse @ 1:30 re: needing help to get gas and car
June 28: Amscot manager calls main ofc re: car; told to wait 24 hours to tow
June 30: Casey shows up at Amy’s at 9:45 to get a gas can;
Amy then takes Casey to Target for gas can?
June 30: Amscot tows car (is there a time?)
June 30: Casey has Tony's jeep until July 5
July 15: George goes to tow company; leaves; returns w/ gas $$ keys; picks up car

George initially left the towing company and then returned with cash & gas

I'll bet he needed cash. Impound yards aren't cheap. I wonder what the final bill was - does anyone know or was it ever stated??

I'll bet he needed cash. Impound yards aren't cheap. I wonder what the final bill was - does anyone know or was it ever stated??
I don't remember what the fee was, but the towyard manager stated that C argued with the cashier about it. (His statement is in the first 400 pages.) That seemed odd to me because if my daughter and granddaughter had been missing for a month, and the car turned up in a towyard, money would've been the last thing on my mind.

I don't remember what the fee was, but the towyard manager stated that C argued with the cashier about it. (His statement is in the first 400 pages.) That seemed odd to me because if my daughter and granddaughter had been missing for a month, and the car turned up in a towyard, money would've been the last thing on my mind.

Well, that's the thing. Cindy had not seen Caylee in a month, but she was under the impression Casey was keeping them apart out of spite. Casey had stolen money and whatever else from her, George, Lee, the grandparents, taken the car without permission, and now here they are at the tow yard, paying ?$400+ to get the car picked up. From what I've seen and read of Cindy's behavior, this bickering about the cost of the impound is totally in character for her and the situation, as she saw it at the time.
Lanie

Two things.
I have been under the impression that Tone is in class from 9:00Am to 1:00PM at Full Sail. So I have to question the time that of 11:00AM that Tony said he picked up Casey.
If Casey dumped the Car by the 27th 7:00AM time and she is calling JG on the June 28th at 1:25PM in the afternoon to come and get her because she ran out of gas what was Casey driving during that time.

If you look at Amy's text records, you see that she was text'n KC->Amy on the 27th at 11:34am. So I think it's possible she was actually picked up closer to 12. I picture her chatting on the phone messaging ppl while she was waiting for Tony. Tony was probably way too high to remember the exact time.

Totally in character for Cindy, true, but still baffles the hell outta me like so much of her behavior.

Lanie, I think you're dead on! I have always assumed that Casey left the car at the Amscot on the 26th, not the 27th. The employee noticed the car at 7am on the 27th - I highly doubt that it had been left there just that morning. Tony did not remember exactly what day he picked Casey up there, just that she had spent the night before at his place, left to run errands, then ran out of gas. I think she stopped to get food & clothes at her parents' during the day (while they would have been at work) on the 26th before she ditched the car. Whichever employee left when the Amscot closed on the 26th probably didn't notice the car ... IIRC, it's in a shopping center/strip mall with a few other things, so there were probably several cars there at that point. It was probably more noticeable early in the morning on the 27th, with fewer cars in the lot. Or maybe the employee who opened that day was just more observant. Just my 2 cents!

The 26th is a possibility if she dropped the car off closer to the evening and nobody noticed it until the next morning. But that is not likely considering where the car was parked. It's pretty visible.

Also, there are a few phone text's on the 27th from 10-11:30 that indicate KC was at the Amscot or dealing with the gas situation and waiting for Tony. The phone records I think pretty clearly show it was the 27th.

So, let's assume she leaves Tony's around, say, 5:30-ish, drives to mom and dad's, grabs a few clothes, throws them in plastic trash bags, adds some food for good measure, and heads back to Tony's apartment. Runs out of gas on the way, and a couple of good Samaritans push the car next to the Dumpster. (I hope she offered them a freezer pop.) At 7 am, an employee spots the car but no Casey. We're back to square one. Where is she from 7 until 11 or so?!

Lol! KC is still talking squirrels on JULY 15th when she is at the house with police officers! Unbelievable!

(Especially after having heard her brother's repeated descriptions about how atrocious the smell was!)

So, let's assume she leaves Tony's around, say, 5:30-ish, drives to mom and dad's, grabs a few clothes, throws them in plastic trash bags, adds some food for good measure, and heads back to Tony's apartment. Runs out of gas on the way, and a couple of good Samaritans push the car next to the Dumpster. (I hope she offered them a freezer pop.) At 7 am, an employee spots the car but no Casey. We're back to square one. Where is she from 7 until 11 or so?!

What we know or can assume:

1. Tony says she left early in the morning. Presumably in her car. She had to have left before 6:30am to have dropped the car off. Why get up so early? Planned to do something. Maybe she wanted cover of darkness. She could have dropped the car off on the 26th, evening or very early morning and gotten a ride to Tony's then gotten a ride the morning of the 27th by an unknown individual, and unknown to Tony. I'm going to assume she drove her car the morning of the 27th.

2. ~7:00am Amscot employee clearly remembers a clearly visible white car near the dumpster in front. If you see pictures of the spot, you will see how it would be easy to notice.

3. She calls Amy sometime between 10:00am and 11:30 or texts her about the smell in the car. I'm assuming she's either returned from getting freezer foots, or maybe went to Amy's ahead of 7:00am, or somehow got a ride to her parents house and sneaked in.

4. Sometime between ~11:00am or maybe closer to 12 noon, Tony picks her up at the Amscot lot. She may have been picked up at 11:00am and text'd Amy after while in the car with Tony or back at the apartment. Or more likely she was using her phone while waiting for Tony, which means she would have been picked up after 11:34 on the 27th. She also somehow told Amy that Tony had picked her up. And Amy tells this to JG.

5. She leaves the car there with her purse (with no wallet) and her keys on the front seat in view. Unless she has an extra key, she cannot get back in the car if she wanted to. Why does she need gas cans? on 28-29th? Was the body transfered to another vehicle?

This tends to indicate she had some sort of help.

Totally in character for Cindy, true, but still baffles the hell outta me like so much of her behavior.

Oh, yeah, I agree. I couldn't imagine, and I have a child who I have had a LOT of problems with in the past, having this kind of relationship with any of my children.
IMO, it comes across to me from everything I've read, that Cindy almost delights in Casey screwing up and then rubbing her face in it. Like the credit card stealing, Cindy does not take the credit cards away, cancel them, make her pay it back, or in any other way seem to do anything to put a stop to it, but seems to get off on throwing it in her face, letting her know how terrible she is, how much she (Cindy) has done for her, etc. Crazy martyr complex, maybe.
Lanie

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phonekace14