MD - Andrew F. Wilkinson, 52, state circuit court judge, shot and killed in home driveway, Pedro Argote, 49, suspect - Hagerstown, 19 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ifindedout

Reaction score
Wilkinson_1697791801224_hpMain_4x5.jpg
Maryland authorities are searching for a 49-year-old in connection with the fatal shooting of a judge Thursday night.

Circuit Court Judge Andrew Wilkinson, 52, was found shot in a driveway in Hagerstown, Maryland, the Washington County Sheriff's Office said.

HagerstownJudgeKilledArgote.jpg
The Washington County Sheriff’s Office is searching for 49-year-old Pedro Argote in connection with the killing. Officials released Argote’s photo Friday. They describe him as 5-feet-7-inches-tall, 130 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes.

Deputies say he may be operating a silver 2009 Mercedes GL450, with Maryland registration plates 4EH0408.

Last edited:
I saw that other county judges are receiving increased police protection since the murder. I'm concerned about the safety of the mother and children and hope they are also protected.

One car with four kids? Restricting movement and transportation is a controlling tactic. I hope the mom has her own vehicle and maybe I missed that info?

One car with four kids? Restricting movement and transportation is a controlling tactic. I hope the mom has her own vehicle and maybe I missed that info?
SBM
Looks like she does not have her own vehicle, and is dependent on his. This, to put it mildly, does not sound workable, and would actually put her in considerable danger.
JMO

Looks like there was a domestic violence case last year but it was eventually dismissed by the petitioner.
Wow, this article has more details about the abuse and his controlling behavior. His wife documented everything in writing to the court. No wonder she had to drop the suit, she was forced to continue living with him.

Regarding Domestic Violence:
In the petition, Argote’s wife wrote that Argote was leaving her without any financial resources and controlling her movements because he kept the car keys in his possession at all times. “I can’t get out of the house without his knowledge,” she wrote. A list of the couple’s property shows that Argote owned a 9mm Glock handgun. His wife listed in the domestic violence petition that he owned at least two firearms.

Regarding Divorce:
Argote’s strategy in the divorce was odd. He filed for divorce from his wife but seemed to believe that they would continue living together for two more years in order to save money and prepare for the separation. Wilkinson addressed this unorthodox plan in an opinion issued in March.“It seems that Father entered the court process of divorce without recognizing that the court will not simply sit back and wait for two years while he figures out what he wants to do,” Wilkinson wrote.
The case also left the judge with “the uneasy sense that Father engages in absolute control over Mother, their finances, and their lives,” Wilkinson wrote. “This is not in the best interest of their children.”

Of course a controlling abuser would expect his divorce to play out the way HE wanted it.
IMHO This abuser will most likely be found while attempting to murder his wife/children wherever they are.

It makes me sad to hear she tried getting help from a DV shelter but it wasn't enough.

It sounds like this guy worked at home, and I also get the impression that the mother home-schooling the children was not a mutual decision. (didn't want outsiders to know what he's like?)

I sure hope they find him before anyone else, and that includes the suspect himself, is harmed.

It sounds like this guy worked at home, and I also get the impression that the mother home-schooling the children was not a mutual decision. (didn't want outsiders to know what he's like?)

I sure hope they find him before anyone else, and that includes the suspect himself, is harmed.
I also worry for his legal counsel and of course his ex wife and children. Anyone think he will self harm himself? I'm on the fence about that. I grieve for the wife and son of Mr. Wilkinson, who were home at the time of the murder. Ugh.

The father suspected of fatally shooting a judge on his driveway after he lost custody of his kids 'was controlling towards his estranged wife and violent to his daughter.'

Pedro Argote, 49, is the subject of a massive manhunt following the murder of judge Andrew Wilkinson, 52, in Hagerstown, Maryland on Thursday night.

Police have now offered a $10,000 reward for anyone with information that could lead to the father-of-four's capture.

He is suspected of shooting Wilkinson after loosing custody of his children and being banned from the family home by the judge, who was presiding over his case.
They need to find this guy asap !
I hope the wife and kids are in hiding.

My .02 is that the judge made the right decision.
Omo.

Rest in peace, Andrew !
My condolences to his family. :(

With the reward money being offered, I'm hoping this dangerous fugitive is caught today.

IMHO although the judge's murder was deemed a "targeted attack", Argote will kill again if he faces more obstacles (her family/friends/police) as he tries to stalk her.

I'm worried about the safety of LE when they finally close in on him.

Maryland Judge Andrew Wilkinson killed on his driveway by suspect involved in a divorce case, authorities say

Federal authorities are asking the public's assistance in the search for a man suspected of killing a Maryland judge in the driveway of his home Thursday night in a targeted attack.

The U.S. Marshals Service and local police have identified 49-year-old Pedro Argote as the suspect in the attack on Circuit Court Judge Andrew Wilkinson, which happened hours after Argote lost custody of his children in a divorce proceeding Wilkinson presided over, according to Washington County Sheriff Brian Albert.

OCTOBER 20, 2023 / 9:33 PM

1697913230594.png
Pedro Manuel Argote, 49, has been identified as a suspect in the killing of Circuit Court Judge Andrew Wilkinson.U.S. U.S. MARSHALS SERVICE

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back