MD - Andrew F. Wilkinson, 52, state circuit court judge, shot and killed in home driveway, Pedro Argote, 49, suspect - Hagerstown, 19 Oct 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Do we know what kind of job he has? Wondering about his financial situation and if he did preplan this how much money he has available to him. This is a terrible situation for his family and the Judges family.
He had some kind of computer job, which he did from home, probably so he could keep a continuous eye on his wife and kids. I don't think he cared about any of the money, except for himself and maybe not even then if he planned to unalive himself (which I strongly suspect already happened). I doubt he has an Eric Rudolph-esque support network out there.

He had some kind of computer job, which he did from home, probably so he could keep a continuous eye on his wife and kids. I don't think he cared about any of the money, except for himself and maybe not even then if he planned to unalive himself (which I strongly suspect already happened). I doubt he has an Eric Rudolph-esque support network out there.
Bbm.
Do LE have his computer or phone ?
Might be some clues there ?
Omo.

Wilkinson’s murder is the third targeted shooting of a state judge over the past three years, according to the national center for state courts.

“The assassination of Judge Wilkinson should be shocking to all Americans,” said the conference of chief justices and conference of state court administrators in a statement.

“Unfortunately, we fear it is not. The sustained attacks in recent years on the rule of law, public institutions of government and the courts are now having their effects. We ask all Americans to think carefully about this troubling trend.”

Police widen area of search for man suspected of killing Maryland judge

Imo, PA is an extremely dangerous person.

HAGERSTOWN, Md. — Pedro Argote was conspicuously absent last Thursday when a Maryland judge granted his wife a divorce and sole custody of their four children, citing “shocking” testimony about the abuse that Argote allegedly inflicted upon them for years.

But later that day, authorities say, Argote showed up at Judge Andrew Wilkinson’s home and shot him to death in his driveway. Now a wanted man, Argote remains at large amid a law enforcement search spanning several states.

Wilkinson ruled against Argote after hearing testimony from his wife and an adult daughter, who said he controlled every aspect of their lives, keeping them isolated and subjecting them to various acts of violence in recent years.

Oct. 24, 2023, 8:55 p.m.

Imo, PA is an extremely dangerous person.

HAGERSTOWN, Md. — Pedro Argote was conspicuously absent last Thursday when a Maryland judge granted his wife a divorce and sole custody of their four children, citing “shocking” testimony about the abuse that Argote allegedly inflicted upon them for years.

But later that day, authorities say, Argote showed up at Judge Andrew Wilkinson’s home and shot him to death in his driveway. Now a wanted man, Argote remains at large amid a law enforcement search spanning several states.

Wilkinson ruled against Argote after hearing testimony from his wife and an adult daughter, who said he controlled every aspect of their lives, keeping them isolated and subjecting them to various acts of violence in recent years.

Oct. 24, 2023, 8:55 p.m.
What a nightmare his family was trapped in with him.
RIP Andrew.
Also not a good sign that he wasn’t paying his mortgage…

PA essentially showed the world that judge Wilkinson made the correct decision !
Omo.

From this link here it sounds like Andrew tried to uphold the law and to serve his community.
The loss of a good man. :(
'There is no excuse for this kind of violence, especially against an officer of the court. The rule of law is what makes our society work. It may not be perfect, but individuals like Judge Wilkinson worked to make it better and more just every day.

'His passion clearly was for serving his local community and for this, Judge Wilkinson will be sorely missed.'

Praying and hoping PA is caught soon !

The fugitive accused of gunning down a Maryland judge in his driveway beat his teen daughter with a belt and silenced his infant child by stuffing a towel in his mouth, according to harrowing divorce court testimony.

Pedro Argote, who remains on the run after allegedly shooting Judge Andrew Wilkinson dead last week, also installed cameras inside his family’s home to keep tabs on his eldest daughter — whom he kept largely confined to her bedroom for years, she claimed in court.

The description of “shocking” abuse prompted Wilkinson to rule against Argote and grant his wife custody of their four kids — just hours before police say Wilkinson was gunned down.

“The reason I worked up the courage to testify was so that my siblings wouldn’t have to go through the mental torment that I currently have,” Argote’s eldest daughter from an earlier relationship testified.
Accused judge killer Pedro Argote beat daughter with belt, stuffed towels in kids’ mouths: testimony

Hours before the shooting, the judge granted custody of Mr Argote’s four children to his ex-wife, Eugeina Argote, in a divorce hearing after hearing “shocking” testimony from his adult daughter from a separate relationship. Court records show he has a history of verbal domestic assaults against his wife and family
Maryland judge’s rebuke of suspect Pedro Argote before murder revealed - updates

An audio recording of the hearing didn’t capture any obvious warning signs that Argote posed a danger to anyone outside his family, but it does provide new insight into the abuse allegations he was facing.

His adult daughter from a previous relationship said she spent most of her teenage years confined to her bedroom. She said Argote had cameras installed throughout the house and was “watching my every move.” During emotional testimony, she said he would beat her with a belt and other objects — “whatever he had close by.”
[snip]
Wilkinson concluded that Argote wasn’t fit to have custody of his four younger children, ages 12, 11, 5 and 3.

“The manner in which Mr. Argote has isolated these children and mom over the past two years, I think that has gone on throughout the marriage, and it’s shocking,” the judge said. “I think he is abusive in multiple ways.”
Maryland judge heard 'shocking' evidence in divorce case hours before his killing, tapes show

You can be white and Venezuelan, just like you can be black and Venezuelan. Venezuelan is an ethnicity, not a race. That's why on many ethnicity surveys they specifically ask if you are "Non-Hispanic/Latino Caucasian," to differentiate from individuals who are Caucasian but have Hispanic/Latino ethnicities.

Maryland Governor Wes Moore on Judge Wilkinson’s death

I am shocked, heartbroken, and sickened by the killing of Judge Andrew Wilkinson. He was the victim of a cold-blooded, vicious, and targeted attack. My heart goes out to Judge Wilkinson’s family, and my prayers are with everyone who knew him, loved him, and served alongside him.

My team has been in close contact with the judiciary and with leadership in Hagerstown and Washington County, including local law enforcement and elected officials. Maryland State Police troopers were dispatched to protect other judges, and I am receiving consistent updates from Superintendent of State Police Roland Butler.

The State of Maryland is supporting law enforcement in their investigation and local, state, and federal partners are actively engaged in the search for the suspect. Anyone with knowledge that could aid in the investigation is encouraged to contact authorities immediately.

Judge Wilkinson spent his career in defense of justice. We must now ensure that the perpetrator of this vile act faces justice and Judge Wilkinson’s family gets the support they need and deserve.
Maryland judge’s rebuke of suspect Pedro Argote before murder revealed - updates

Funeral services for Judge Wilkinson, according to his obituary

Services will be held Friday, October 27, 2023, at 10:00 a.m., at the St. Ann Catholic Church, 1525 Oak Hill Avenue, Hagerstown, MD, with the Rev. Msgr. J. Bruce Jarboe officiating.

The family will receive friends at the Douglas A. Fiery Funeral Home, 1331 Eastern Blvd. North, Hagerstown, MD, on Thursday, October 26, 2023, from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Private interment will be at the Green Hill Cemetery, Waynesboro, PA.

In lieu of flowers, the family asks that you consider making memorial donations to any local law enforcement or EMT agencies as a thank you for their support to our community during this time.

The Washington County Sheriff's Office announced Thursday morning that there will be an increased police presence in the Williamsport area today as authorities conduct additional "evidentiary searches" related to the manhunt for the suspect in a local judge's murder.

The sheriff's office posted the message on its Facebook page to let the community know there is not a safety concern regarding the police presence, according to Sgt. Carly Hose, spokesperson for the sheriff's office.

Local, regional and federal law enforcement agencies are assisting in the greater manhunt for Pedro Argote, 49, of Frederick, Md., wanted in the Oct. 19 shooting of Washington County Circuit Court Judge Andrew F. Wilkinson.

Evidentiary searches being done in Williamsport area related to fugitive Pedro Argote

No one needed to die.

Whatever demons they face, whatever demons they might be, why why why do these people take out innocent lives on their way out?

Robbed another family of their father. T¡t for tat.

So twisted. It just adds more pain and suffering into an already hurting world.

A sad day for justice.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717