Found Deceased MD - David Gipson Smith, 28, Howard County, 6 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There was a sighting but it was never investigated
Welcome to Websleuths [emoji322]

I am new to this case and just catching up. There is not a lot to go on. Frustrating... thanks for your reply.

There was a sighting but it was never investigated

All reported possible sightings have been investigated but none have been deemed as credible sightings.

Welcome Gam47

Welcome to Websleuths [emoji322]

I am new to this case and just catching up. There is not a lot to go on. Frustrating... thanks for your reply.

Hi watergirl62😊
Lordanarts has a very nice catchup podcast. It is an interview of David's parents. There you can find facts about the case. There are many theories floating around, but if you want a quick catch up with dependable info , this has been the best place.
https://youtu.be/ixxdtpWjm5g

Hi watergirl62[emoji4]
Lordanarts has a very nice catchup podcast. It is an interview of David's parents. There you can find facts about the case. There are many theories floating around, but if you want a quick catch up with dependable info , this has been the best place.
https://youtu.be/ixxdtpWjm5g
Thanks, Gam47.I think this is the only one I have left to watch. Are there any others you would recommend besides this one, the first Brainscatch YT and the vanished podcast?

The Investigation Discovery Crimefeed article is out now.
http://crimefeed.com/2018/02/david-gipson-smith/
Good to see actual names in 'MSM' instead of woman 1 and woman 2.

Hinky much? I hope that somebody in-the-know gets picked up by LE and charged for something that can be used as leverage if no probable cause is established otherwise.

My heart goes out to his parents. I hope they get some answers soon.

Good to see actual names in 'MSM' instead of woman 1 and woman 2.

Hinky much? I hope that somebody in-the-know gets picked up by LE and charged for something that can be used as leverage if no probable cause is established otherwise.

My heart goes out to his parents. I hope they get some answers soon.

I completely agree! It’s also frustrating it took this long for those girls’ names to be put out there. I think the story of his last whereabouts is straight up a huge lie and something happened to him. My only hope is now that their names are out there along with the story that someone who knows something speaks up. [emoji17]

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Police are investigating after a man found human remains in a forest in Allegany County Sunday.
Maryland State Police troopers responded to Green Ridge State Forest in Flinestone, Maryland, around 5:15 p.m.
A witness told investigators he found what he believed to be human remains. Investigators later found the remains in a heavily wooded area.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/02/27/human-remains-found-allegany-county/

FLINTSTONE, MD — Authorities are investigating after human remains were found in a state forest in western Maryland. An autopsy is being conducted at the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Baltimore.
Natural Resources Police and troopers from the Cumberland barrack responded and cordoned off the scene, which was in a heavily wooded area not far from MV Smith Road.
Investigators say they recovered be what appeared to be human remains. It is not clear how long the body had been in the woods, and police said Tuesday that the autopsy should provide more information.

https://patch.com/maryland/across-md/human-remains-found-green-ridge-state-forest

Where is David? Are they still searching?

There is is a large search being planned for April when the weather is more stable. There have been individuals searching small areas as weather permits.

There was a recent possible sighting in a Pub in Columbia, Maryland but it appears it was not him. The investigation continues with little to no information publicly released by LE.

Now that the names were released in MSM getting information is a little easier. The woman who was supposed to be the last known seen with him had a hearing for her most recent drug arrests and was given one year probation and court costs and fines of less than $100. Those charges were from an incident before David traveled to Maryland so they were in no way associated with him or the case.

This case is particularly frustrating. David is listed with NamUs and there is a little info there but not much. For those interested his NamUs number is: [h=1]39664[/h] There has never even been a confirmation of what he was last seen wearing. One of the women told me earlier that Saturday he was wearing jeans, T-shirt and a light jacket which sounds like what he was wearing when he left New Jersey that morning. No possible sighting has been confirmed as David to this point.

New information is still coming in as well as tips and theories which is always encouraging but still no indication of where he is. There are some more National news coverage in the works. Hopefully increasing case awareness will help. I will try to update when those media events have a confirmed release date.

I personally find the social media attacks on the family in this case disturbing. I know they are becoming common place in more and more cases but I just do not understand the concept. It only distracts from the case and deters volunteers from assisting. Everyone makes mistakes in life but who would want their legacy to be making grieving families cry or suffer more?

Anyway, let’s bring David home.

Where is David? Are they still searching?

my heart always stops when i see this thread with new replys.

There is is a large search being planned for April when the weather is more stable. There have been individuals searching small areas as weather permits.

There was a recent possible sighting in a Pub in Columbia, Maryland but it appears it was not him. The investigation continues with little to no information publicly released by LE.

Now that the names were released in MSM getting information is a little easier. The woman who was supposed to be the last known seen with him had a hearing for her most recent drug arrests and was given one year probation and court costs and fines of less than $100. Those charges were from an incident before David traveled to Maryland so they were in no way associated with him or the case.

This case is particularly frustrating. David is listed with NamUs and there is a little info there but not much. For those interested his NamUs number is: 39664

There has never even been a confirmation of what he was last seen wearing. One of the women told me earlier that Saturday he was wearing jeans, T-shirt and a light jacket which sounds like what he was wearing when he left New Jersey that morning. No possible sighting has been confirmed as David to this point.

New information is still coming in as well as tips and theories which is always encouraging but still no indication of where he is. There are some more National news coverage in the works. Hopefully increasing case awareness will help. I will try to update when those media events have a confirmed release date.

I personally find the social media attacks on the family in this case disturbing. I know they are becoming common place in more and more cases but I just do not understand the concept. It only distracts from the case and deters volunteers from assisting. Everyone makes mistakes in life but who would want their legacy to be making grieving families cry or suffer more?

Anyway, let’s bring David home.

Thanks GMom for this post. About your last comment....A lot of people are just not thinking (stupid), not reading, have no compassion or don't have the decency to back off or comment when they shouldn't, just blurring out. I find that disturbing 2.

I wonder if the media attacks are largely driven by those implicated in this case?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back