Found Deceased MD - David Gipson Smith, 28, Howard County, 6 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Update from 17 hours ago. Interesting comment by a CJ 6 hours ago. Reply by David's mother 3 hours ago. I'm sorry, but I have to agree with CJ. Those who truly care will not judge, IMO (I don't ... I just want to help bring him home):

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...60234611194575

I'm not seeing much besides ty's. There is something on the 20th at 8:14 a.m. that's interesting. Don't know if that is possibly what you were seeing?

I'm not seeing much besides ty's. There is something on the 20th at 8:14 a.m. that's interesting. Don't know if that is possibly what you were seeing?

I just checked again, and am not seeing them, either. Must have been deleted ... I'm sorry :(.

He left his car at the home of the woman who dropped him off at the land. His mother outlined the details on his fb page

I think we can post LE FB pages so I'm going to post here. David's mother commented on the post

https://www.facebook.com/HowardCoun...6436870059:page_id.160234611194575&__tn__=R-R

Looks like the mother was angry with LE because of saying he was on heroin. The mother stated that the girl he went to see was a know heroin addict. She said David had been living with them for 9 months and had been clean with a few alcohol relapses in that time. Her post may still be there but I can't seem to find it again.

I live in Maryland - about 20 minutes from Woodbine. This is the first that I'm hearing of this, but I will keep an eye out and report back.

Why can't you quote the FB posts instead of always saying "well, that post was interesting." ??? I thought the missing person's FB was ok to post?

Welcome

How close is Woodbine to the body recently found off I-695?
I lived off Woodbine ROAD many years. It's not close at all. 695 is a good 25-30 from 70, which is closest to Woodbine, and then you still have a drive to get out into AA Cou ty. MY impression, is that this is really Lisbon, and not Woodbine. I was there this weekend, and no one had heard of him missing. Woodbine has I think one traffic light, which had only been put in relatively recent. Farms and more farms.

Informative article posted by msm today-
https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...ppearance-new-jersey-man-david-gipson-n804536

afb6b50313e6fbe5901b39316737e829.jpg

I lived off Woodbine ROAD many years. It's not close at all. 695 is a good 25-30 from 70, which is closest to Woodbine, and then you still have a drive to get out into AA Cou ty. MY impression, is that this is really Lisbon, and not Woodbine. I was there this weekend, and no one had heard of him missing. Woodbine has I think one traffic light, which had only been put in relatively recent. Farms and more farms.

I'm thinking the location that the girls showed David's parents and the police are no where near where they left him.

Wow, going by several other missing cases where the phone records were unavailable, (or LE not even trying to obtain them(!)) it's a good thing his phone was on the family plan, so the parents coild readily access them. Otherwise, his phone activity may not have been known for quite a while - if at all - and they wouldn't have that last number called to that unknown woman.
This is a really bad case. I don't see how this could end well, at this point.
Best case just being able to find him, whatever happened.
Hope he is found soon, and the family will finally have answers.
How excruciating for them.
I hope they hire a PI to check out those women. A PI can investigate and dig up more on them, than the LE can, legally.
Hope this is resolved soon.
Very sad. :(

Following. Prayers for David and his family.

I feel so awful for this family. The heroin epidemic in this country is ruining so many lives and families. I don't know what to think of this. If he had been clean for a while there is a reasonable chance he could've OD'd due to his tolerance being lower but that doesn't explain the strange stories these girls are telling.

I feel so awful for this family. The heroin epidemic in this country is ruining so many lives and families. I don't know what to think of this. If he had been clean for a while there is a reasonable chance he could've OD'd due to his tolerance being lower but that doesn't explain the strange stories these girls are telling.

The first year is the hardest and with several alcohol relapses during that first 9 months I don't doubt that he met up with someone from his rehab that had also relapsed. Staying clean is almost impossible when you are with newbie cleaners and don't have the "old timer" there. I feel for his parents because they saw they saw their son coming back to them but sometimes the drugs are so powerful it is impossible to beat.

I think the only way is to get publicity outside, into the world....but I don't think parents are ready for this....you have to spill up everything...and media is going to make a circus of it...adding not truthful stuff..for making a story......mother is not willing to...fighting to the end..not willing to except the trouble her son was into, could have been into....again..... Yes he was probably clean for a certain time...but..... It would be good if she came to this thread....accepting the outside world....hard....very hard...judging....spitting persons out for their flaws, addictions etc...but also realistic, not judgmental...sometimes it's just the way it is....and if you want to see that....more options are possible...

bless that poor woman. she is in possible denial. I cant say I also wouldn't be in her shoes :(

This is heartbreaking!! My gut reaction is those women know more than they are saying! His car was at the first woman's house, she would not let him stay there with her, so, instead of giving him directions to the other place he could possibly stay, she drove him.....leaving his car at her house.....What!

This is heartbreaking!! My gut reaction is those women know more than they are saying! His car was at the first woman's house, she would not let him stay there with her, so, instead of giving him directions to the other place he could possibly stay, she drove him.....leaving his car at her house.....What!
In the mothers quote, the girl said it was her uncle's property and he would be mad seeing a strange car there.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I didn't move my pin for any of these pics. I did turn the orientation on the 1st pic so I could get Ellicott in the pic. That's where the girl lived who he stayed with that 1st night in the area. The pin is beside the uncle's property where he supposedly stayed the next night.
954fa45413396c276d9114b6725f127b.jpg
def5e97f851f96059bb6833cca7ae69d.jpg
a202ec2200092b64fc7134dfc24fb056.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members