Found Deceased MD - David Gipson Smith, 28, Howard County, 6 Aug 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
RIP David. I hope the family finally gets answers [emoji174]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wishing and wishing....crying right now.....I hope you are with the angels sweet David. Nobody is judging you, at least not me. Have a very good journey, beauty. Very good thoughts for his family and friends.

I hope they are able to figure out the COD, but is that even likely at this point?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The remains were found in February, but positive ID was not made until recently with family having been notified this morning.

Oh no. RIP David. [emoji22]

This park is about an hour and half away from Woodbine Road...

Any theories about how he got so far from where he was last seen? Was he dumped there or did he travel there himself?

Any theories about how he got so far from where he was last seen? Was he dumped there or did he travel there himself?

RIP David and bless his family.I believe and have all along that he was dumped somewhere and was never taken to the 22-acre property on Woodbine Road.The girls account was just too bogus.He had a car that would take him anywhere,why leave it at the girls house? Why would he go the park ,it was very cold in February.I think he OD'd and someone got scared or a fight ensued.Either way I hope they find out what happened to David and justice is served

If he had been clean then turned to drugs again he could have over dosed. No matter how it happened, very sad ending for him. I am glad the family now knows, now they have something to deal with as opposed to having nothing. RIP.

Finally found you. Rest in peace, David. [emoji171]

Thoughts are with his family. I hope the autopsy gives them some real answers.

Identified - David Gipson Smith R.I.P :rose:

David%20Gipson%20Smith_1506366897653_67153444_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — A body found in the woods in Allegany County late last month has been identified as a missing New Jersey man who was last seen in Howard County in August, police say.

According to Howard County Police, 28-year-old David Gipson Smith’s family contacted authorities on August 12 after he had not returned home nor reported to work after visiting a friend in Maryland on August 5.

Witnesses say Smith left his car parked in Elkridge and then asked for a ride from a friend on the day of his disappearance.

Police say Smith appeared to have taken possessions he could carry, but left the rest behind in the car.

Smith’s remains were discovered Feb. 25 by hikers in Green Ridge State Forest in Flintstone, Md. His cause of death has been ruled undetermined by the state medical examiner. He was identified through dental records. Authorities are unable to confirm his time of death.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2018/03/23/david-smith-missing-new-jersey-maryland/

HOWARD COUNTY, MD — The body of a man who was reported missing from Howard County last summer has been located. Remains that were found in Allegany County at the end of February have been identified as those of the missing man.

David Gipson Smith, 28, was reported missing from Howard County in August 2017, police said. The New Jersey resident had been visiting an acquaintance in Maryland at the time of his disappearance.
https://patch.com/maryland/columbia/missing-man-found-allegany-woods-howard-county-police

David's Thread: https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...avid-Gipson-Smith-28-Howard-County-6-Aug-2017

Cause of death still undetermined after remains identified as missing New Jersey man David Gipson Smith

Remains found in the Maryland woods in late February have been identified as belonging to 28-year-old David Gipson Smith, according to a press release from the Howard County Police Department.

According to the release published Friday, David’s remains were discovered February 25, 2018 by hikers in Green Ridge State Forest in Flintstone, Maryland. While his body was identified through dental records, the release says “authorities are unable to confirm his time of death” and the “cause of death has been ruled undetermined by the state medical examiner.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...remains-identified-missing-new-jersey-n859656

Oh no !! I saw posts today and was hoping for good news !! I feel so sad for this young man. I hope LE is questioning the girls as I feel they have answers. At least his family now knows where he is and can have a little bit of closure, not much, I know, but a small bit of closure of knowing where he is now.

Oh no. At least his family knows where he is now. :--(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Yes It has been confirmed that David’s remains were recovered. I spoke with the police spokesman for Allegheny county Maryland just after remains were located the last week of February and provided them with David’s inFormation for comparison. Identification was made by dental records. So at least David will be going home. His family has asked for a few days of privacy to deal this new information. It has been a long arduous journey and even though this chapter did not have the preferred ending after taking a few days to process it all the journey for justice for David with continue. I want to thank everyone who has followed The search for David and those who provided information and research along the way.

Rest In Peace dear David [emoji30]I hope we get more info. The story was fishy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l