Eric Jay Podell

ep.jpg

Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: June 1, 1985
Location Last Seen: Silver Spring, Montgomery County, Maryland

Description:
  • Date of Birth: circa 1965
  • Race: White/Caucasian
  • Height: 5'-8" - 5'-10" (68 - 70 inches)
  • Weight: 150 - 180 lbs
  • Hair Color: Brown
  • Eye Color: N/A
  • Nickname/Alias: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Wears eyeglasses.
  • Clothing & Personal Items: Possibly eyeglasses.
  • Identifiers: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Podell went missing from Silver Spring, Maryland in June of 1985. He was last seen by his parents at their younger daughter's high school graduation and has never been heard from since. Few details are available regarding Podell's disappearance and his whereabouts remain unknown.

Investigators:
  • Montgomery County Police Department: (301) 279-8000
    Reference Case#: 210010972
NamUs #MP79709

Missing Person / NamUs #MP79709

Last edited:
I grew up in Montgomery County and don't remember hearing about this one, and nothing's coming up in the searches either, other than a record of him being a D&D dungeon master in 1980. Any more details anywhere?

Couldn't find much info as well, and I usually try to find two or more sources to compare data. I wondered if he had been found already and that's why he's not in any databases, but couldn't find any account of that either.

He also wasn't listed on Maryland Missing Persons, although the website does state: Note: This does not represent all of Maryland's missing persons. Cases here have either been found on police web sites, newspaper accounts, or family submission.

Too bad there's such little info on his case. Strange that there was never any updates in the newspapers or from his family.

This one really intrigues me for the reasons Charlie noted. I grew up in the area around the same time, and I knew people who were into D&D and also related pursuits (notably the Markland Medieval Mercenary Militia--I think that's what it was called). I must be no more than two or three degrees of separation from Eric. I wonder what high school he attended. His address in the D&D publication suggests he was probably in a different high school than mine; otherwise, I could ask alumni organizations.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back