Deceased/Not Found MD - Heather Grogg, 33, & Danielle Tyler, 18, Carroll Co, 6 Apr 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I haven't heard anything for quite a while. I did come across this site that gives you a true picture of what happened and who the players were. Just so sad. MM thought of nothing to take a life.

Download #13 Has so many facts about the case. I can't believe the courts have not convicted anyone yet.

I haven't heard anything for quite a while. I did come across this site that gives you a true picture of what happened and who the players were. Just so sad. MM thought of nothing to take a life.

Download #13 Has so many facts about the case. I can't believe the courts have not convicted anyone yet.
Thank you Pleeang. According to the download #13 you point out it is apparent Norman Bradford is a cooperating witness.

I was looking on Google street maps today and found an odd thing. If I look at the April Braner garage from Google street view I get an image from 2021. If I click to move down the road 10 or 20 feet to look at the April Braner house directly I get a Google street view from 2012. Not sure if this works but Google street view of the Braner garage (Google maps says 373 High Cliff Circle) here. Image is 2021. Move down the road 15 feet or so and you get this view. Image is 2012. If you proceed down the street to the south, past the party trailer where 2 of the murders were alleged to happen, the Google street view does go back to the 2021 pictures. So this little 1/4 mile or so section of semi-rural West Virginia road is conveniently not updated on Google street view in the last 12 years?

Attachments

• Braner house2.jpg
    Braner house2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 18
I just received the following info in an email from VINELINK about Monroe being relocated:
-------------------------------------

03/04/2023

This e-mail is to inform you that MONROE MERRELL was transferred from Potomac Highlands Regional Jail and Correctional Facility. The transfer took place on 03/03/2023. The offender is now in the custody of Eastern Regional Jail and Corrections Facility.

I wonder if this means we are getting close to having a trial?

I just received the following info in an email from VINELINK about Monroe being relocated:

03/04/2023

This e-mail is to inform you that MONROE MERRELL was transferred from Potomac Highlands Regional Jail and Correctional Facility. The transfer took place on 03/03/2023. The offender is now in the custody of Eastern Regional Jail and Corrections Facility.

Do
I wonder if this means we are getting close to having a trial?

Replying to my previous post: I just received another email today, 3/6, stating MM has been released from custody? Does anybody have info about what is going on with the case?
------------------------
03/06/2023

This e-mail is to inform you that MONROE MERRELL was released from custody on 03/06/2023. The release reason is: Detainer. If you have any concerns about your immediate safety, contact your local law enforcement agency or, if you have an emergency, call 911.

For more information, please contact the Division of Correction's Central Office during business hours by calling 304-558-2036. After hours, please contact West Virginia DOCR 24 hour Operators Center at 304-558-2058.

VINE information is also available at www.vinelink.com.

Detainer means an order to hold an offender in custody. Detainer means a warrant or hold placed against an inmate by another jurisdiction (called the “detaining authority”) notifying the holding facility of the intention to take custody of the individual when he or she is released.

I’m thinking he MUST have been released and transferred to the custody of another state’s correctional facility or the FBOP (Federal Bureau of Prisons).

Detainer means an order to hold an offender in custody. Detainer means a warrant or hold placed against an inmate by another jurisdiction (called the “detaining authority”) notifying the holding facility of the intention to take custody of the individual when he or she is released.

I’m thinking he MUST have been released and transferred to the custody of another state’s correctional facility or the FBOP (Federal Bureau of Prisons).

@cujenn81 You are correct. I messaged Jon Riddle's wife, Diana, whom I have met personally at their home and who is a member of this group. She indicated this just meant he was transferred to another facility.

@cujenn81 You are correct. I messaged Jon Riddle's wife, Diana, whom I have met personally at their home and who is a member of this group. She indicated this just meant he was transferred to another facility.
The Federal Bureau of Prisons has given MM a FBOP registration number 20346-509 although they say he is not in their custody. The only other name I checked in this case with a FBOP registration number is NB who is also listed as not in custody. No JB, DS, ERD, or AB that I see.

FBOP Inmate Locator

Mompalm's email update says MM "is now in the custody of Eastern Regional Jail". Looking at the West VA jail search MM, DS, JB, and AB are now all at Eastern Regional Jail. I hope you are right that this means trials begin soon.

West Virginia prisoner search

6 month check in since my last post:
DS, JB, AB are still in Eastern Regional Jail.
NB is in a different jail in WV.
JS is in a 3rd jail in WV.
MM is not listed in the WV prisoner search and the Federal Bureau of Prisons search still says he is not in their custody.

I see nothing in the MSMedia about this case since December of 2020, soon to be 3 years ago.

6 month check in since my last post:
DS, JB, AB are still in Eastern Regional Jail.
NB is in a different jail in WV.
JS is in a 3rd jail in WV.
MM is not listed in the WV prisoner search and the Federal Bureau of Prisons search still says he is not in their custody.

I see nothing in the MSMedia about this case since December of 2020, soon to be 3 years ago.

So I wonder where MM is then?
I can't believe that there has been no updates or news stories about this case.

So I wonder where MM is then?
I can't believe that there has been no updates or news stories about this case.
The regional FBI office and MM's attorney are in Pittsburgh so he might be in jail in Pennsylvania. Maybe he is the only one facing the death penalty so gets different treatment? Just a guess.

Attorneys, Prosecutor, and Judge listed here

I don't remember if this has been posted here or not. The FBI affidavit laying out who did what and when was filed October 21, 2020. It is clear they have a lot of evidence and cooperating witnesses from all 3 murders. Warning that the FBI document is not for the squeamish.

FBI Affidavit

Update on DS -I received this email from VINE:

11/28/2023

This e-mail is to inform you that DAVID SANFORD was transferred from Eastern Regional Jail and Corrections Facility. The transfer took place on 11/27/2023. The offender is now in the custody of Potomac Highlands Regional Jail and Correctional Facility.

For more information, please contact the Division of Correction's Central Office during business hours by calling 304-558-2036. After hours, please contact West Virginia DOCR 24 hour Operators Center at 304-558-2058.

VINE information is also available at www.vinelink.com.

This notification is sponsored by the West Virginia VINE Service. It is our hope that this information has been helpful to you.

Thank you,

The VINE Service
-----------------------------------

Danielle's mother said there still isn't a date for when this will go to trial. Why is it taking so long!? Also, word is MM is in federal prison. I've known his family my whole life, but I have no desire to ask any of them where he's at right now. I just can't believe the way he turned out. This whole case is so horrible and weighs on my mind heavily.

Not sure what this means???
JEFFREY SMITH was released from custody on 02/02/2024. The release reason is: Detainer.
I hope just maybe the trial will be starting soon. Sooner or later justice should be served. Fingers crossed!!

Not sure what this means???
JEFFREY SMITH was released from custody on 02/02/2024. The release reason is: Detainer.
I hope just maybe the trial will be starting soon. Sooner or later justice should be served. Fingers crossed!!
As in he was released from jail?!?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back