MD MD - Jonathan Luna, 38, Baltimore, 4 December 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
[video=youtube;6YMXX8Cteoc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMXX8Cteoc[/video]

Fascinating!

Does anyone have anymore detail on the alleged FBI cover-up and the supposed affair he had with an agent?

[emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/2...to-testify-day-after-shooting-police-say.html

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Luna's case was not in any way the same as the current one. Luna was the target of an investigation while Detective Suiter was scheduled to give evidence against a group of crooked cops who had been indicted years ago. In addition, as I've said before, no sane hitman or killer brings a small knife with him to kill his target. Nor (in Suiter's case) does a hitman or killer come unarmed to the scene and then proceed to use the other person's gun to commit murder.

Same city? Yes. Connected? No where near.

While I might not disagree couldn't you admit/state this is an opinion? Johnathan Luna was my neighbor. I only knew him enough to say hello walking and to recognize him when he became news.

While I might not disagree couldn't you admit/state this is an opinion? Johnathan Luna was my neighbor. I only knew him enough to say hello walking and to recognize him when he became news. K

I am shocked to see a thread about Johnathan Luna: I have never forgotten him after all these years and search Google occasionally to see if there is any news; i do not believe he committed suicide and have always found it strange that no leads were apparently ever developed. I don't have a lot of confidence that they will ever find out what actually happened to him, but hope they do.

http://lancasteronline.com/elanco/n...cle_362ae867-53cc-5da3-a56b-d3bdefd54927.html

This is the most recent article (2013) i could find online about this case. It is hard to believe a man committed suicide by stabbing himself in the back, slitting his own throat and cutting himself around his scrotum. It seems clear from the article that some people in high places don't want to find out what really happened in this case--

I am shocked to see a thread about Johnathan Luna: I have never forgotten him after all these years and search Google occasionally to see if there is any news; i do not believe he committed suicide and have always found it strange that no leads were apparently ever developed. I don't have a lot of confidence that they will ever find out what actually happened to him, but hope they do.

If you're interested, Casefile did a great podcast on Jonathan Luna. As an added bonus, the podcast is based out of Australia so you get to listen to his dreamy accent for 30 minutes :)

http://casefilepodcast.com/case-09-jonathan-luna/

I listened to the very informative Podcast and feel very strongly that the FBI and others know a lot more about this murder than they are willing to admit to ----( and to me there is no question this is a murder- he had defensive wounds for goodness sakes). Sounds like Luna got himself into quite a pickle with that case he was handling, but I do not believe for one second he committed suicide. Oh the intrigue!

I listened to the very informative Podcast and feel very strongly that the FBI and others know a lot more about this murder than they are willing to admit to ----( and to me there is no question this is a murder- he had defensive wounds for goodness sakes). Sounds like Luna got himself into quite a pickle with that case he was handling, but I do not believe for one second he committed suicide. Oh the intrigue!

Forty or more defensive wounds none of which would have killed him? Those were hesitation marks often seen when a coward tries to commit suicide.

Forty or more defensive wounds none of which would have killed him? Those were hesitation marks often seen when a coward tries to commit suicide.

sorta O/T

Suicide is too often a last-resort action taken out of desperation. Many underlying factors could be at play, but cowardice isn’t one of them.

https://afsp.org/suicide-not-cowardly/

Suicide is not a choice. Suicide is a health issue. Suicide can result if a mental illness—like major depression or bipolar disorder—goes untreated, in the same way that a patient can die from pneumonia if they go untreated.

It’s especially important to be mindful of the way we discuss suicide because with mental illness, words matter. Telling a suicidal person that they are being selfish or cowardly does not inspire courage, it could even make them feel worse. It’s important to understand that people who are feeling suicidal do not choose to feel that way; their feelings are a symptom of their mental illness.

ETA: https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/

http://lancasteronline.com/elanco/n...cle_362ae867-53cc-5da3-a56b-d3bdefd54927.html

This is the most recent article (2013) i could find online about this case. It is hard to believe a man committed suicide by stabbing himself in the back, slitting his own throat and cutting himself around his scrotum. It seems clear from the article that some people in high places don't want to find out what really happened in this case--

From the linked article. Some of the stab wounds were to his back. Some were obvious defense wounds to his hands. Not a suicide, imo.

“He had dozens of stab wounds, many to his back. Keisling, who talked to workers who prepared Luna's body for burial, wrote in his book that Luna's hands were ‘shredded’ with what looked like defensive wounds. His scrotum was slashed, his throat cut.”

From the linked article. Some of the stab wounds were to his back. Some were obvious defense wounds to his hands. Not a suicide, imo.

“He had dozens of stab wounds, many to his back. Keisling, who talked to workers who prepared Luna's body for burial, wrote in his book that Luna's hands were ‘shredded’ with what looked like defensive wounds. His scrotum was slashed, his throat cut.”

There were no reported wounds to Luna's back. Despite the initial report, there were no knife to his scrotum. Keisling is not a good source.

Luna's case was not in any way the same as the current one. Luna was the target of an investigation while Detective Suiter was scheduled to give evidence against a group of crooked cops who had been indicted years ago. In addition, as I've said before, no sane hitman or killer brings a small knife with him to kill his target. Nor (in Suiter's case) does a hitman or killer come unarmed to the scene and then proceed to use the other person's gun to commit murder.

Same city? Yes. Connected? No where near.

I have to agree with both the hit man comment, and that it is not a matter of opinion. It is a question of modus operandi.

Outside of contract killings that take place in correctional institutions, I have never of one where the killer or attempted killer using a knife, even one that he brought with him. Rifles, shotguns, hand guns, bombs, and poisons, yes, but not knifes. It does not fit the modus operandi of a hitman.

Even then, how many hitmen do not bring there own weapons to do the killing? Again, this does not the way most contract killers carry out a hit.

It is not opinion to state either of those things.

As far as I know, Luna was not the target of an investigation, at least as law enforcement uses the term. Being a "target" means that the Feds are strongly considering filing charges against the "target." They were never at that stage.

I will give the details relating to the missing money in a separate post.

A story on the missing money aspect is here: http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bal-md.luna10dec10-story.html

To give a summary, Luna, and another prosecutor were prosecution a bank robber name Naco Brown. As part of the trial, the money from those robberies was brought into the courtroom, at some point, as evidence. Luna and a number of people had access to the money. When the money was counted again, $36,000 was missing.

Everybody that had access to the money was polygraphed, except for Luna. He had scheduled a polygraph session, and then postponed it; I think that this may have happened several time. We don't know if it was scheduling conflict or if Luna was trying to avoid being polygraphed. In any event, of the people that had access to the money, Luna was only one not polygraphed.

Even if Luna was deliberately avoiding the polygraph session, that would not mean that he was the one that took the money. There are two other factors.

Luna's job was in danger unrelated to this. He had hired a lawyer in that regard. His boss at the time, US Attorney DiBiagio, was a bit of a jerk that was resigned after being formally rebuked by the Justice Department, in year after Luna's death. http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...e-attorney-justice-department-attorney-office

Luna, assuming he was not involved with the missing money could have been worried about two things.

1. First there could be a false positive. He would be telling the truth, but the polygraph would indicate he was lying. The odds on that happening are fairly low, 5%-10%, but if it does happen, it is more likely to be a false positive than a false negative (i.e. he was lying, but the machine said he was being truthful).

2. Luna could have passed the polygraph with flying colors and DiBiagio could still fire him for other reasons. The legal community would assume that he fired because he had some involvement with the missing money. The legal community is small enough that word would get around (and nobody knew about DiBiago's conduct at the time).

It would be a no win situation for Luna.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back