MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just can't fathom how a person, a human being, with siblings and parents, a story - can vanish. How cruel can the world be? Even ants bury their dead. I am sure she's dead, there is virtually no way she would not be able to find us. My parents address is still in our family, the home phone hasn't changed, I have been so public and open. The little boy's family from IL, my heart breaks for them. :/ and it stirs up so much angst about Judy. I hope I am strong enough to keep looking. It's hard. Everything takes so long and there are so few answers.
There is nothing wrong with keeping your hope alive and not giving up.

I don't see the dates matching up. In all likelihood, Judy died in late 1980 or early 1981. (I realize that her family believes that she attended Ronald Reagan's inauguration; I remain skeptical, so I am not willing to assume that Judy was still alive in January of '81.) At any rate, I don't believe that she would have been incommunicado for three-and-a-half years. It's possible that Little could have gotten the date wrong, but the location doesn't match Judy's known whereabouts, either, and the sketch doesn't resemble her.
There are many, many Samuel Littles out there, folks.
She was known to hitch hike, and could have taken off for Minnesota. The location is not off the mark, imo.

Her family doesn't, her sister, me, I saw her on tv. I have searched high and.low to find the reel and can't it. The station that originally aired the footage has burned down, the.reagan library's footage doesn't have it, and it's not at Vanderbilt. I know what I saw, with my own eyes. What i don't know is why she was there, if it was the young people's concert, or an inaugural party. It was outside. Judy was on the screen, larger than life, at least 3 times. I was the only one home that night.

Her family doesn't, her sister, me, I saw her on tv. I have searched high and.low to find the reel and can't it. The station that originally aired the footage has burned down, the.reagan library's footage doesn't have it, and it's not at Vanderbilt. I know what I saw, with my own eyes. What i don't know is why she was there, if it was the young people's concert, or an inaugural party. It was outside. Judy was on the screen, larger than life, at least 3 times. I was the only one home that night.
A local station probably wouldn't have had its own film crew there. An ABC affiliate would have used ABC footage or footage from the local (D. of C.) affiliate station. What station burned down? With what network was the station affiliated?

A local station probably wouldn't have had its own film crew there. An ABC affiliate would have used ABC footage or footage from the local (D. of C.) affiliate station. What station burned down? With what network was the station affiliated?
<modsnip - confrontational comment, edited for clarity>
I, in fact, started at ABC in NY before exploring the ABC station that aired it. Vanderbilt stores media (the museum of TV in radio in NYC doesn't exist any more) ... when those avenues were exhausted I reached out to both the Reagan and Carter libraries. Watched every second to see what I saw that night, likely allnof the.ABC footage, but not what I saw that night, more likely a local story. My hometown is the hometown of the sitting solicitor general, FWIW, national.news is often local news.

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents died not knowing her whereabouts or fate. I believe she is deceased, my siblings feel she could be alive. There is inheritance for her if we can find her.

She landed in NYC like.so many other girls in the 70s, full of hopes and dreams. Soon, cold and hungry.

She lived the fun life and then her life took a.sad turn. Prostitution, drugs, couch surfing.

I want to find her so she can be buried with my parents. The case has been cold.for so long. I can't give up.

There is a.thread in the missing not forgotten section, 1980s, here. Her NAMUS id is 8051. There is a group on Facebook. Her case is one of two handled out of Albany by the.nys troopers, because while.she lived in NY, she didnt have an actual.residence or id that tied her to the.city. I have been down so many rabbit holes, I can't give up. Help !

89397107-stock-vector-sad-and-crying-heart-emoticon-icon-design.jpg

Hi Maureen,

I know your sisters case. I also know you have been a constant advocate for Judy. I know the pain of having a missing loved one, however mine was solved in 14 months when her body was found by a hunter. I also know NOT KNOWING is a horrible place to be and you think about her every waking moment.

When Judy was in Baltimore and told your parents she would be home for Christmas, did she mean the village or home to your parents? If home to your parents for Christmas, what state did they live in?

My parents died not knowing her whereabouts or fate. I believe she is deceased, my siblings feel she could be alive. There is inheritance for her if we can find her.

She landed in NYC like.so many other girls in the 70s, full of hopes and dreams. Soon, cold and hungry.

She lived the fun life and then her life took a.sad turn. Prostitution, drugs, couch surfing.

I want to find her so she can be buried with my parents. The case has been cold.for so long. I can't give up.

There is a.thread in the missing not forgotten section, 1980s, here. Her NAMUS id is 8051. There is a group on Facebook. Her case is one of two handled out of Albany by the.nys troopers, because while.she lived in NY, she didnt have an actual.residence or id that tied her to the.city. I have been down so many rabbit holes, I can't give up. Help !

Hi Maureen, I'm following the other thread for your sister Judy. Is there a special reason you made this new one?

Hi Maureen,

I know your sisters case. I also know you have been a constant advocate for Judy. I know the pain of having a missing loved one, however mine was solved in 14 months when her body was found by a hunter. I also know NOT KNOWING is a horrible place to be and you think about her every waking moment.

When Judy was in Baltimore and told your parents she would be home for Christmas, did she mean the village or home to your parents? If home to your parents for Christmas, what state did they live in?
She meant home, in Oswego. She told my dad she wanted to come home and get her GED.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back