MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here's the website for NYC Sanitation:

This is a site run by grad students who've researched the sanitation department. Contact them-they would most likely have records, or at least would know where you could get the footage. This seems like a great resource IMO. They've also listed several books published by researchers who've researched NYC sanitation. If you could get in touch with some of those authors, you might find that one or two of them may have the footage:

According to this news report, the name of the union is Uniformed Stationmen's Association, Local 831.
Here's contact info for the union. I'd be very surprised if they didn't have footage:

Shortened respectfully........

Great information Marie!

Thanks Jeannie!

I forgot to link the NYC Historical Society:

http://www.nyhistory.org/

They're also a research library, so I'd say the chances are pretty good that they've got some footage.

Awesome Marie - I have still been searching for the ABC news clip and the one from the concert the day before Reagan's inauguration in 1981. I have also searched to see what bands were playing as there might be at least some still pictures on their websites but cannot even find out what bands were playing.

If you have run across the name(s) of the bands that were playing at the outdoor concert can you post the name(s)?

eleph

Awesome Marie - I have still been searching for the ABC news clip and the one from the concert the day before Reagan's inauguration in 1981. I have also searched to see what bands were playing as there might be at least some still pictures on their websites but cannot even find out what bands were playing.

If you have run across the name(s) of the bands that were playing at the outdoor concert can you post the name(s)?

eleph

I will, Eleph. I've also been trying to find that info, but I haven't had any luck. If I come across anything, I'll post it. I did read somewhere that the sanitation strike happened at the same time Reagan was shot (purely a coincidence). I'm going to start looking for NYC news broadcasts that might have been filmed around the time Reagan was shot. It seems as though Reagan was shot in March of 1981, and the sanitation strike was in December. Maybe there were 2 strikes?

There are a series of videos on youtube that were produced by CBS. It's a Walter Kronkite report of the entire inauguration. There might be concert footage:

‪Pres. Reagan Inaugural - Jan.,1981 - CBS News - Pt. 1 of 8!!‬‏ - YouTube

good thought to look there. I just watched this vid in its entirety and it's pretty much all inaugural - carter, the hostages, the fact that nixon wasn't there - but nothing on the concert.
I also remember that there was a beige wall and I think door - like they were in a corner or something, trees to the left, camera at your chest, at 12:00 there was a wall, and Judy and date were in that corner.

I will, Eleph. I've also been trying to find that info, but I haven't had any luck. If I come across anything, I'll post it. I did read somewhere that the sanitation strike happened at the same time Reagan was shot (purely a coincidence). I'm going to start looking for NYC news broadcasts that might have been filmed around the time Reagan was shot. It seems as though Reagan was shot in March of 1981, and the sanitation strike was in December. Maybe there were 2 strikes?

it's very possible if the city didn't live up to its end of the bargain.

eleph

I know I've said this before - but really, truly, thank you - all for your support. I cannot express in words what it means. To this point I've felt very alone in this journey. (apart from the help of friends and strangers.) Thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread. xox:rocker:

I know I've said this before - but really, truly, thank you - all for your support. I cannot express in words what it means. To this point I've felt very alone in this journey. (apart from the help of friends and strangers.) Thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread. xox:rocker:

Aw ... it just breaks my heart that you haven't found Judy. We just need to surface those news clips and go from there. May venture into the internet "way back machine" tonight or tomorrow to see what may be on there.

Slight and I really mean slight progress on the entertainment at the inauguration of Reagan in 1981. Also a list of jazz musicans who entertained at the White House during Reagan's administration - didn't have time to check into any of these yet - just putting the info out here so it doesn't get lost.

Attachments

• Wayne Newton coordinated entertainment.png
    Wayne Newton coordinated entertainment.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Jazz artists at White House during RR.png
    Jazz artists at White House during RR.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 42
Maureen............Take a close look at this picture. The left corner. Could that be Judith? I don't have a large screen on my LT so it might not be her but you check it out. Click on "File" above the picture and you can enlarge it.

President Ronald Reagan addresses party-goers assembled in the Rotunda of the National Museum of Natural History's at the Inaugural Ball in January 1981. Mrs. Reagan is at his side.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Reagans_at_1981_inaugural_ball.jpg

Ethel Merman 1981 Inaug.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q_nHCffVe5s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

From JeannieC link above - is the arrow pointing to the person in the below snag the one you think might be Judy? Reason being that this person to me looks like the one in the background in the Studio 54 picture.

Attachments

• Is this Judy.png
    Is this Judy.png
    191.3 KB · Views: 286
From JeannieC link above - is the arrow pointing to the person in the below snag the one you think might be Judy? Reason being that this person to me looks like the one in the background in the Studio 54 picture.

NEXT to that person -- the one with the straight brown hair - that looks like her chin, her nose, and the hairdo she had at the time.

but what can I do with this info ???? Was there a guest list to this event, or was this at the jazzfest the night before ?

Actually I had not noticed her. I meant the one further to the left. Actually there are 2 to the left that resemble but I meant the one furthest to the left near the keyboard and stage with her mouth partially open.

NEXT to that person -- the one with the straight brown hair - that looks like her chin, her nose, and the hairdo she had at the time.

but what can I do with this info ???? Was there a guest list to this event, or was this at the jazzfest the night before ?

This picture is from the Smithsonian so they might have more information. I read somewhere that each of these balls had a guest list and the guests had to purchase tickets. They could only purchase them if they were on the guest list.

Another way to get the guest list might be the Reagan Library. This picture was taken at the Rotunda of the National Museum of Natural History.

Hopefully to obtain guest lists and identify who Judy was with. Somebody somewhere knows where Judy is and the state of her well being. We have to start with something concrete and work from there. We just need to keep slogging away at the information that we can find and then start making connections from there. As long as we are still finding hopefully relevant information then we haven't hit the proverbial brick wall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back