MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Like I said, i'm just a little raw today. there are good days and bad days, this is in the latter camp. I really don't know where she could possibly have gone -- and I get the sense that, because she was so vocal, so persistent to be in front of a camera, that either she got too involved in something political and was snuffed, or caught a bad john and was snuffed. Or, in a best case scenario, was a witness to either the drug crimes, prostitution crimes, enough that she was used as a witness and put in witness protection. I would love to know that she lives next door to me.
That is something that I hadn't even thought of...not sure why as I have thought about it with other MP cases. From what I've read (mostly here on WS), people in the witness protection program are allowed to have contact with family members. If I've misunderstood, someone please correct me. :)

This will probably be a painful question and of course, it's fine if you don't want to answer. I'm trying to word it respectfully. Do you think that Judy would have contacted you or some other family member (or friend) by now, if she is still alive?

You posted that Judy is listed in NAMUS, but the search feature didn't pull up a link in this thread. Can you please post it? TIA! :)

That is something that I hadn't even thought of...not sure why as I have thought about it with other MP cases. From what I've read (mostly here on WS), people in the witness protection program are allowed to have contact with family members. If I've misunderstood, someone please correct me. :)

This will probably be a painful question and of course, it's fine if you don't want to answer. I'm trying to word it respectfully. Do you think that Judy would have contacted you or some other family member (or friend) by now, if she is still alive?

You posted that Judy is listed in NAMUS, but the search feature didn't pull up a link in this thread. Can you please post it? TIA! :)

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/show/8051

I just don't know. And once I graduated from college, I moved and have moved a LOT since then, and have kids -- so she wouldn't necessarily have been able to track me down.

HOWEVER. Once, when living in Philadelphia, I got a call that sent chills up my spine. A woman, claiming her name was Brigid (my other sister's name) was missing her sister Maureen - and had the same birthday as mine. How they found me (I was at work when they contacted me) and why remains a mystery. Maybe that was her. And she just wanted to make sure I was OK. ?

I just don't know. And once I graduated from college, I moved and have moved a LOT since then, and have kids -- so she wouldn't necessarily have been able to track me down.

HOWEVER. Once, when living in Philadelphia, I got a call that sent chills up my spine. A woman, claiming her name was Brigid (my other sister's name) was missing her sister Maureen - and had the same birthday as mine. How they found me (I was at work when they contacted me) and why remains a mystery. Maybe that was her. And she just wanted to make sure I was OK. ?
So you didn't get to talk to that woman? I'm assuming you would have recognized her voice...

It seems that Judy may have "tracked you down" thru other family members (or friends), if that was Judy.

So you didn't get to talk to that woman? I'm assuming you would have recognized her voice...

It seems that Judy may have "tracked you down" thru other family members (or friends), if that was Judy.

no - I DID talk to that woman. It was freaky. I mean FREAKY. I was the vp of sales and marketing at the company where I was working and it turned me into a pile of blubbering mush and I proceeded to go get a liquid lunch that afternoon because it jarred me so hard.

Or maybe it was a friend calling on her behalf? I don't know?

As I've said, I think? earlier in this thread, or maybe in the facebook page - if I knew then what I know now I would have gotten more information from her - but she was looking for HER SISTER who was adopted or something, not missing, and my details matched.

It gave me hope to keep looking for Judy and calling random people. (which I've done hundreds of times.)

How long ago was this? That gives me chills too!

I'm sure it really shook you up and probably still does. If she went into witness protection she isn't suppose to ever call home. If she is in witness protections someone might have been trying to find out where she is and was hoping you would tell.

She called home pretty frequently before she went missing didn't she. At least once a month?

Another thought is that Judy had a picture of you and Brigid and got the names off the picture. Maybe someone who knew her and was going to tell you something but got scared and backed out. Or called to torment you. People do that after abductions.

how long ago was this? That gives me chills too!

I'm sure it really shook you up and probably still does. If she went into witness protection she isn't suppose to ever call home. If she is in witness protections someone might have been trying to find out where she is and was hoping you would tell.

She called home pretty frequently before she went missing didn't she. At least once a month?

Another thought is that judy had a picture of you and brigid and got the names off the picture. Maybe someone who knew her and was going to tell you something but got scared and backed out. Or called to torment you. People do that after abductions.

a friend just reminded me of another theory that was around for a while - snuff film. But those seem to be a big fake ??

Hi,

Just wondering if when you have a minute can you look at this picture and let me know if this may be Judy? I am being honest when I say that comparing visuals is a very difficult task for me but felt that this picture did resemble Judy so need you to take a look. This was pulled from a site that has a lot of pictures from the 70's. Have looked at a lot of sites trying to find any clues as to where she may have been.

eleph

Attachments

• Is this Judy possibly.png
    Is this Judy possibly.png
    256.8 KB · Views: 175
Hi,

Just wondering if when you have a minute can you look at this picture and let me know if this may be Judy? I am being honest when I say that comparing visuals is a very difficult task for me but felt that this picture did resemble Judy so need you to take a look. This was pulled from a site that has a lot of pictures from the 70's. Have looked at a lot of sites trying to find any clues as to where she may have been.

eleph

not her. She, like me, did not have any bend in her hair unless she had a perm, which generally were bad. (mine too!)

Thank you for looking!!!

Will keep looking - have the feeling that persistence will win out. Am not sure of what else to do but keep on looking and the only means available is the internet. Checked out the "mole people" and the movie the Dark Days but don't feel that Judy was part of that whole scene.

The story should be hitting the press in a little while and this may generate some leads as well - crossing fingers/legs/toes/eyes that this will be the case.

May you be commended for your persistence in finding Judy.

eleph

not her. She, like me, did not have any bend in her hair unless she had a perm, which generally were bad. (mine too!)

Thank you for looking!!!

When you say "bend" are you meaning the right side toward the top? I believe that is a hair clip.

Hi,

eleph
Can you please post the link to that site? TIA... :)

If any of you are in NYC or on Long Island, be on the lookout for the article - it goes to press in about an hour and will be hot off the presses tomorrow morning. The newspaper is www.longislandpress.com and there will be an online link as well. Beautifully and truthfully written. Thank you, websleuths. You helped me find Jacqui and her find me. Karma, my friend, you were kind. And patient.

This has nothing to do with Judy. I was looking for photo's from NY in the 1980's and ran across this. Squirrels are such crazy little critters anyway, I wonder what a squirrel on crack is like? :nuts:

Did NYC send them to squirrelhab?
In the mid-1980s, New York City had a serious problem
and that problem was Crack Squirrels.

Crack Squirrels! the newspaper headlines read.
Crack Squirrels! The local news anchors intoned.
Crack Squirrels! Crack Squirrels!

In the mid-1980s, the crack epidemic hit New York City hard.
The newly minted-addicts took their rocks to Central Park
to hit their high. When they were done, they left their trash
behind: crack vials, dosed aluminum foil, discarded pipes.

While scavenging for food, the jovial, fat and stupid squirrels
of Central Park – who had been, up to this point, straight-edge
vegans! – got curious and began sniffling the empty vials,
licking the pipes and foil, and they liked it. They liked it a lot.
They liked it too much. They became Crack Squirrels. source(s)

http://www.downdirtyword.com/authors/cristinokeefeaptowicz.html

Studio 54
April 26, 1977

Studio 54 at 254 West 54th Street, the dream of Steve Rubell & Ian Schrager, OPENS for business! One article I read said the opening date was April 24, but most accounts indicate April 26 is accurate.

Drugs were as common at "54" as was alcohol, sex and a phenomenal light and sound show.

December, 1978
After Rubell publicly bragged one too many times about how much the club was taking in, federal agents armed with guns and a search warrant raided the premises. Schrager is arrested for possession of cocaine.

June, 1979
Rubell & Schrager are charged with tax evasion, obstruction of justice and conspiracy.

December, 1979
The club and owners are busted by 50 IRS Agents after being tip-offed by a disgruntled former employee and an article in a November 12, 1979 issue of New York Magazine.

*There were two IRS raids of the club. The first in December 1978. The second one (depicted in the movie "54" as 12/31/79) occurred in December, 1979.

January 18, 1980
Despite hiring heavyweight attorney Roy Cohn to defend them, Rubell and Schrager were each sentenced to 3 ½ years in federal prison and fined $20,000 each for tax evasion.

February 3 & 4, 1980
After one all-night final bash with guests Diana Ross, Andy Warhol, Richard Gere and Yankee superstar Reggie Jackson at Studio 54, Steve & Ian head to prison. Club Closed

November 28, 1980
Studio 54 is purchased by Mark Fleischman, a New York City Hotel Owner / Developer for 4.75 million

On September 12, 1981
Studio 54 holds a gala reopening.
WKTU radio, after a successful stint as a disco station, changes to WXRK (K-Rock) in light of the end of the disco era. The call letters WKTU were resurrected for a new "dance-oriented" WKTU in 1996.

Nine years after it opened, Studio 54 closes it doors, permanantly.

July 25, 1989
Steve Rubell, at the age of 45, dies of AIDS-related complications from hepatitis and septic shock at Manhattan's Beth Israel Hospital.

http://www.drakkar91.com/54/54back.htm

I believe Studio54 is a dead end. It closed in February before Judy went missing and didn't open for over a year later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
earworm
Back