MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maureen's working on it - nothing is jumping out of the woodwork yet - I am still so enraged that this article - or one similar to it - was never published or aired before. (I can't tell you how badly I wanted to go "public" with it over the years and my parents discouraged it. DAMN IT!)

Maureen's working on it - nothing is jumping out of the woodwork yet - I am still so enraged that this article - or one similar to it - was never published or aired before. (I can't tell you how badly I wanted to go "public" with it over the years and my parents discouraged it. DAMN IT!)

My parents would have done the same thing. I have no doubt they loved/love Judy and have cried a billion tears in secret. When one of our children does something we disagree with we tend to shove it under the rug and hope others don't find out about it. It doesn't make us love them less. My oldest sister is that way. Keep everything private (if it involves her children not everyone else's. lol)

Your parents knew what she could have done with her life and she choose a life style that they found shameful and embarrassing. If they could have done anything to find their daughter on their own I believe they would have. Making it public was just too much for them to handle.

You can't change their thinking. Only your own. Understand and forgive them, for your sake.

Maureen, you are the one meant to carry this load. I greatly admire your determination and strength. I hope and pray everyday that you will find your sister and so do many others.

I saw a girl standing in the crowd of the Today Show last week and she reminded me of Judy. Tall, smiling, beautiful. She was too young to be Judy but it somehow gave me hope. Silly as it sounds.

I believe in miracles and I believe you will get yours. If I could give you a hug I would.

Keep Believing!

well, she's being dental checked against the Doe in NYC (confirmed today by NYS trooper) and the RCMP is checking her DNA against their Jane. Yay. And, here is her new NCIC number

Maureen, as requested, here is the new NCIC number for Judith

NIC #M700221803

did you all know that Potters Field on Hart Island in NYC is being excavated and all UIDs are being DNA sampled for addition into NAMUS?!! That's freaking AWESOME! Federally funded!

did you all know that Potters Field on Hart Island in NYC is being excavated and all UIDs are being DNA sampled for addition into NAMUS?!! That's freaking AWESOME! Federally funded!

Thank God! That is wonderful! I hope it will bring a resolution to a lot of families. The not knowing where a loved one is has got to be the worst thing in the world.

Thank God! That is wonderful! I hope it will bring a resolution to a lot of families. The not knowing where a loved one is has got to be the worst thing in the world.

the worst part is what it has done to our family. My personal pain pales in comparison, IMHO.

the worst part is what it has done to our family. My personal pain pales in comparison, IMHO.

I'm so sorry. I know there are different types of people. Those of us who want to know and those of us who would rather not know.

My father was a want to know person. He asked me to find out about his father who left when he was 4 years old. Dad wanted to know something about him before he died (My father was dying of kidney disease). I did find him and was able to tell him a lot about his family. Dad wanted a picture of his grave and I was able to get that too.

My mother never wanted to know about her father. She never knew him and was raised in an orphanage. Her mother worked and got her on weekends. She said if her father had allowed it to be so hard on her mother and never wanted to know her or be responsible she didn't care to know anything about him.

Knowing may be very hard on your family. Not knowing might have been easier in many ways. Maybe not knowing keeps her alive and gives them hope that one day she will walk in the door.

That might give you a better understanding of why they didn't try harder to find her. They don't want to give up hope. God Bless Them.

Checking in on Judy and catching up - glad to see some checking is being done. Hopefully somebody comes forward with some tips as well.

well, she's being dental checked against the Doe in NYC (confirmed today by NYS trooper) and the RCMP is checking her DNA against their Jane. Yay. And, here is her new NCIC number

NIC #M700221803

Maureen,

Did the the NY Trooper say how long it would take for them to compare dentals and same with the RCMP)??

NIC #M700221803

What is the RCMP?

RCMP would be what Cazzie said - which Jane is being checked by them - is there a link to who they are matching to Judy? Was Judy ever known to be in Canada?

RCMP would be what Cazzie said - which Jane is being checked by them - is there a link to who they are matching to Judy? Was Judy ever known to be in Canada?

Judy hitchhiked. She went from upstate NY to Minnesota to attend my g'parents 50th anniversary. I don't know if she was there or not, I've always followed the cases where the crime fits her lifestyle, regardless of location. (green river killer, in Oregon, for example).

When I was a freshman in college, I was combining my senior year of high school and my mother had taken a job in TX to be near my oldest brother - who was expecting his second baby. During that time LE would feed "just enough" information to serial killers so they could cop to crimes and be stayed based on need for trial. Daumer admitted to killing a girl, whom he had picked up on 81 N and dropped the body in a clover leaf (culvert) on 401, which 81 becomes as you cross from NYS into Canada.

It wasn't her, but my God was that a difficult time -- lots of things about this case that my 2 oldest siblings just.dont.get -- they simply weren't "home" for much of it.

Anyhow. Could she have been there? Sure. this is the Pickton case. It's a skull only and they've been looking for a name for this Jane for a long time.

The ME in NYC is slammed right now with all of the stuff with Potters Field. But they have in their possession the dental X-rays.

I have also sent letters to both the US Marshals service and the FOIA in Alexandria, VA. If she's alive, the chances of her never contacting us is very slim, unless she's in witness protection. I just want them to rule it out beyond the shadow of a doubt, so I can cross it off my list.

Maureen,

I hope you get some kind of answers, whether from rule outs, a positive ID, or even to be told she is alive, and in the witness protection program. I can't imagine how you must feel not knowing for all these years. Bless your heart. You have a lot of people behind you here willing to help you and even to listen if you need to vent.

Judy is lucky to have a little sister like you. Hopefully you will know something soon.

Maureen is the best sister anyone could ask for and my prayers are with her and her family.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on what is happening with Judy's case Maureen - you are an awesome sister.

The newspaper arrived today. It's amazing to see, live. To smell the ink. And hear the paper as I turn the page. Oh Judy, where are you?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathan Dunn
Back