MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sigh...I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you, Maureen. Sometimes it seems like people don't understand how important it is, but maybe they do. I have read that it is "normal" for the labs to be backlogged with cases. Please try not to take it personally (easier said than done, I bet).

Despite whatever is causing delays, that rude phone call should never have happened.

Don't give up (I know you won't); you are an inspiration to many (read back on the thread for encouragement). :)

:hug:

thanks, I appreciate it! :) The whole lack of participation in NaMUs has me really peaved right now. How so many police precincts and sherrif departments and state police - across the country can NOT be using this invaluable reference and cataloging tool - gobsmacked. I'm completely astonished that it's not somewhere in the n'hood of 100% given the staggering numbers of missing and UIDs in this country!

thanks, I appreciate it! :) The whole lack of participation in NaMUs has me really peaved right now. How so many police precincts and sherrif departments and state police - across the country can NOT be using this invaluable reference and cataloging tool - gobsmacked. I'm completely astonished that it's not somewhere in the n'hood of 100% given the staggering numbers of missing and UIDs in this country!

I certainly understand your frustration. All these years and still no answer. I know you won't give up. You have come so far in the search and with DNA being entered into codis it gives you a better chance to find your sister.

I know people here on WS are looking too.

Have you heard anything from Hart's Potters Cemetery? (If I have the name wrong, I apoligize. Just forgive my error and read between the lines).

I pray everyday for her to be found!

the potters field project is underway - and is the reason the ME in NYC is so slammed - their charge is (and the reason for the federal funding) is to enter DNA from each of the UID decedents in that cemetary -- quite an undertaking. She has not appeared in any of the morgue photos or other available information thus far in NYC.

here is some new press - out today in Rittman, OH:
http://www.the-daily-record.com/news/article/5108473
Bone discovery brings hope for closure to families waiting on word

about 4 hours ago
By BOBBY WARREN

Staff Writer

WOOSTER -- When Illinois resident Maureen O'Donnell Sanchez read about an effort to uncover more human bones in Rittman, one thought raced through her mind: Are the remains from her sister who went missing 30 years ago.

Sanchez saw The Daily Record story about a team of forensic anthropologists searching a wooded area off of South Main Street in Rittman on Friday.

Her sister, Judith "Judy" O'Donnell, was last seen face-to-face by family members in 1980 in Baltimore. While it would be the last time a personal connection was made with O'Donnell, 19 years old at the time, Sanchez and another family member are confident they both saw images of her on separate television newscasts in 1981. The first in January during a story about Ronald Reagan's inaugural ball, and the other in December about a sanitation-workers strike in New York.

"Whenever I see stories ... I think maybe this is the one," Sanchez said during a telephone interview Monday. She was living in Oswego, N.Y., when her sister went missing, and she now resides in Oswego, Ill.

More...

Maureen, the dental information can not rule her [midtown doe]out, the NYC OCME office is in the process of doing DNA and they will let me know the results. Kim

Maureen,

Is Kim an investigator? Wow, I can't believe that the dentals can't rule her out, it's good they are going go further and wait for the DNA... maybe this is her...

Kim is the investigator with the NYS police investigating Judy's case. I can only imagine, outside of family, that she is the person most excited about this. :)

Kim is the investigator with the NYS police investigating Judy's case. I can only imagine, outside of family, that she is the person most excited about this. :)

That is great that she got back to you and you have someone on your side!!!

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/39dfmd.html

Judith Erin O'Donnell
Missing since November 30, 1980 from Baltimore, Maryland.
Classification: Involuntary

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: April 28, 1961
Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10; 140 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Her tonsils and adenoids have been removed. She has a scar under the chin and a scar on her left arm.
AKA: Judith Tuffy; Tuffy O'Donnell

Circumstances of Disappearance
O'Donnell was last seen in Baltimore, MD on November 30, 1980. She had a bus ticket to return to her home in New York City's Greenwich Village area that day.
Foul play is suspected in O' Donnell's case.

Investigators
If you have any information on this case, please contact:
New York State Police
Violent Crime Analysis Program
800-445-2500

NCIC Number:
NIC #M700221803
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: New York State Police Department

ALSO SEE PHOTOS AT THE NY STATE POLICE SITE and CHARLEY:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/odonnell_judith.html

http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Wan...w.cfm?ID=fa3483b8-9b7f-46d5-81ab-111c7d735e92

Who can edit the original post ? Her NIC number has been changed recently:NIC #M700221803

You could contact The Doe Network and they could update her profile on their site....

I will definitely change it there too -- but I'm wondering who can edit it HERE -- in the first post of this thread, originally posted by rmf. :)

I will definitely change it there too -- but I'm wondering who can edit it HERE -- in the first post of this thread, originally posted by rmf. :)
A moderator.

You can click on the little red/white triangle at the top of every post to report the post (in this case, to make your request). :)

that info was updated by the NYS investigator -- on 8/29/2011 when the new number became available. Thanks, Lex!

Ok good... like Cazzie said, you could get a moderator to up date the original on here... wasn't thinking.

Did you ever think about making a facebook page for Judy?

I just joined Judy's group on FB Maureen. Thanks for accepting me!!!

I was just on the phone with my brother- and we were discussing something that has been rattling away in his mind for a while. But I'm not sure how to approach it --battered women purportedly can use an underground network to escape their lives -- a TV show showed this, not sure which one - where they get a new identity, place to live, a little bit of cash. The one promise they make is that they are NEVER to reach out to anyone from their past for any reason. Somewhat like the witness protection program but it's not government sponsored or monitored. Is this just made-for-TV or does this exist ? Do any of you know???

I was just on the phone with my brother- and we were discussing something that has been rattling away in his mind for a while. But I'm not sure how to approach it --battered women purportedly can use an underground network to escape their lives -- a TV show showed this, not sure which one - where they get a new identity, place to live, a little bit of cash. The one promise they make is that they are NEVER to reach out to anyone from their past for any reason. Somewhat like the witness protection program but it's not government sponsored or monitored. Is this just made-for-TV or does this exist ? Do any of you know???
Maureen, I have read about something similar...not sure if I kept a link...there was an awesome article from the perspective of a "helper"...altho the victim was pre-teen, IIRC...they were fleeing an abusive parent(s)...

Just remembered that there has been such discussion (about underground shelters for battered women) on Gail Nowacki Palmgren's case and thread here...poster is BeanE.

TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #12 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back