MD MD - Judith 'Judy' O'Donnell, 19, Baltimore, 30 Nov 1980

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
@JudysSisterMaureen, I was wondering if your family has put your DNA on family DNA sites? I ask because if there is a chance Judy made a new life for herself & had kids, they may have put their DNA out there, looking for family.
I know it's a long shot, but I believe it might be worth a try to see what shakes out.

Nov 20 2021
Missing: O'Donnell, Judith E.
odonnel-2.png

NIC #M700221803

Basic Information

Race: White
Sex: Female
DOB: April 28, 1961
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 140 pounds
Eyes: Blue

Judith E. O'Donnell had a bus ticket to return to her residence in the Greenwich Village area of New York City.

odonnell.png

If you have any information, please call:

New York State Police
Violent Crime Analysis Program Albany, New York
(518) 464-7144

or e-mail the information to: nysvicap@troopers.ny.gov

Hoping this will be the year Judy is found and can go home.

39DFMD - Judith Erin O'Donnell Updated since 02-12-2022 I'm not exactly sure what was updated.

Physical Description
Date of Birth: April 28, 1961
Race: White
Height: 5'10
Weight: 140 pounds
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Judith Tuffy; Tuffy O'Donnell
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Her tonsils and adenoids have been removed. She has a scar under the chin and a scar on her left arm.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
O'Donnell was last seen in Baltimore, MD on November 30, 1980. She had a bus ticket to return to her home in New York City's Greenwich Village area that day. (O'Donnell was known to frequently hitchhike) She was living on the street at the time and spent several nights at Covenant House. She went to NYC from Upstate NY to become an actress.

Foul play is suspected in O' Donnell's case.

Judy hung out at Studio 54 in New York City, lived the bohemian lifestyle, had gone with hopes and dreams of becoming famous (actress/singer/etc.) and found herself on hard times. She has an arrest record in New York City -- at least 3 collars for prostitution. She had stayed on more than one occasion at Covenant House. She "lived" in the Village with "friends" .

I came across Judy's case semi-recently and have been looking through Jane Does. I came across a Jane Doe (UP8579) in Doswell, VA who was killed in an automobile accident and was never identified bc she was a hitchhiker. If Judy was seen in Washington, DC on January 19, 1981 at the Reagan inaugural and this Jane Doe was killed 6 days later in an accident while hitchhiking I would think it is worth comparing the two, if that's even possible. The NAMUS profile notes that she was picked up somewhere between Jessup, MD and Hanover, VA, which when you map that, it runs right through Washington DC. The height of the Jane Doe is estimated to be 5' 6'' which I know is pretty far off from Judy, but the body was also burned severely from the accident, so much so that the original newspaper articles state that it was a man that was killed. The age range is 20-39 and Judy was 19. Thoughts?

I came across Judy's case semi-recently and have been looking through Jane Does. I came across a Jane Doe (UP8579) in Doswell, VA who was killed in an automobile accident and was never identified bc she was a hitchhiker. If Judy was seen in Washington, DC on January 19, 1981 at the Reagan inaugural and this Jane Doe was killed 6 days later in an accident while hitchhiking I would think it is worth comparing the two, if that's even possible. The NAMUS profile notes that she was picked up somewhere between Jessup, MD and Hanover, VA, which when you map that, it runs right through Washington DC. The height of the Jane Doe is estimated to be 5' 6'' which I know is pretty far off from Judy, but the body was also burned severely from the accident, so much so that the original newspaper articles state that it was a man that was killed. The age range is 20-39 and Judy was 19. Thoughts?
For convenience the link to the Namus file. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

You wonder: If the driver was killed too how do they know the passenger was a hitchhiker picked up somewhere between Jessup, MD and Hanover, VA?

For convenience the link to the Namus file. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

You wonder: If the driver was killed too how do they know the passenger was a hitchhiker picked up somewhere between Jessup, MD and Hanover, VA?
I wondered the same thing. I couldn't find much information, but thought maybe since he was a truck driver he picked up hitchhikers frequently so they assumed that was the situation. Hard to say.

'' Aug 10, 2011
Still looking for my sister, Judith Erin O'Donnell, LKA 11-30-1980 she's on namus.gov, findthemissing, doenetwork, there is an open, active investigation by the New York State Police. If you have ANY information regarding Judy or her case you are urged to contact NYS ViCAP or to leave a message here. It will be answered. Please spread the word about Judy's facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/groups/Lookin... Her NAMUS page is: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/..''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back