Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police said Laura Wallen had sent her sister a series of texts Sept. 2 saying “Tyler has me on an adventure in the country. . . . don’t know why I’m here but it’s for something.”

Her sister asked, “Really where are you?”

Laura Wallen replied, according to police, “I’m waiting in a field.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...3f7ee4035c9_story.html?utm_term=.9b5f42bcea13

Manger also confirmed that Tessier was living with another woman and said Tessier regularly stayed in three different locations.

http://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2017/09/missing-montgomery-co-teacher-found-dead-suspect-custody/

Wallen knew “for some time” that Tessier had been living with another woman.

Tessier had made several trips to an acquaintance's property on Prices Distillery Road in Damascus, where he would sometimes stay. The property had open fields and woods, police said. Police obtained a search warrant and went to the area Wednesday.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/howard/bs-md-laura-wallen-20170913-story.html

During the search, police said, investigators found tire tracks and freshly dug ground on a nearby property. There they found Wallen's body at noon.

The property owner had no involvement in her killing or burial, Manger said.

The break in the case came when it was determined that Tessier made several trips to an acquaintance's property in the 12400 block of Prices Distillery Road in Damascus, police said.

https://patch.com/maryland/columbia/body-missing-pregnant-wilde-lake-teacher-found-suspect-arrested

During the search, investigators saw tire tracks on a nearby property and observed freshly dug ground "some distance from the property that they were originally searching."

Investigators spoke with the owner of that property and were ultimately able to recover Wallen's body. The owner of the property where Wallen was found has no involvement with the case, police said.

So was he helping with the work load there, maybe additionally giving him an alibi for being at the property? Or had he recently hunted a deer himself. Idk...something strikes me as odd about this, considering the timing. Does this have anything to do with Laura's murder, specifically as related to the cover up, etc .

LE has said property owner had nothing to do with the murder. (He and his property were simply taken advantage of, since he was out of town.)

LE has said property owner had nothing to do with the murder. (He and his property were simply taken advantage of, since he was out of town.)

Definitely...what I was wondering about is why would he be inside the processing plant so much if the owner was out of town? LE specifically said he spent a "great amount of time" inside the meat processing plant in the days LW was missing...just wondering why and if it has any direct bearing as related to this case (possible disposal of evidence, etc)...

Definitely...what I was wondering g about is why would he be inside the processing plant if the owner was out of town? LE specifically said he spent a "great amount of time" inside the plant in the days LW was missing...just wondering why...

No telling. But his repeated (abt 10) visits to the property were said to have occurred "since" her death, so the meat plant and its machinery would appear to have nothing to do with her death unless the plant itself happened to be the site of his shooting her. (COD = bullet to back of head). Not an impossibility--perhaps he thought it'd be easier to clean up blood at a meat-processing site.

i wonder if he repeatedly visited the address and burial site because he knew he hadn't buried her deep enough, and was anxious to keep checking the gravesite for disturbance. And/or, if he shot her inside the plant he may have been cleaning and re-cleaning the murder scene obsessively.

Prosecutors asked about fetal homicide charge in killing of pregnant Md. teacher

Montgomery County State’s Attorney John McCarthy says at this point, it’s unlikely that 33-year-old Tyler Tessier will be charged with fetal homicide.

“We are awaiting information from the autopsy about the precise age of the child at the time of the homicide,” McCarthy told reporters Thursday.
The legal requirement for fetal homicide charges hinge on whether the fetus would be viable outside the womb.

Another requirement for a successful fetal homicide charge: The prosecution would have to prove that the suspect intended to kill or seriously injure the fetus as well as the mother.

http://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2...etal-homicide-charge-murder-pregnant-teacher/

Visiting the meat processing plant would give him an excuse to be in the area? He probably knew people there since he sometimes stayed with the owner.

Visiting the meat processing plant would give him an excuse to be in the area? He probably knew people there since he sometimes stayed with the owner.

The property she was on was neighbors property, they where out of town for the Labor Day weekend. I have wondered if he knew that though his friend. I think the first she was there he was not around when she texted sister with picture. Something happened that kept him from doing it then. It's also possible he was scouting it out saturday. I'm still puzzled by the call to friend to help in late night b'more trip to take care of a mess or get rid of a mess? Doesn't jive.

Wonder if he had key to friends house, if he stayed there on occasion.

My Husband has key to his friends house.

margarita, I was assuming that the meat processing plant located on that property belongs to the friend of TT with whom he was sometimes staying because the property was identified as belonging to said friend. I might be wrong. (No time to research right now, gotta go walk the dogs!)

Of all the places to spend time, a meat processing plant is one of the last places I'd want to go. I hate the smell of raw meat. Why would he hang out there??

Do we know roughly how far away from the meat processing plant she was buried?

Maybe he hoped any smell from her body would be attributed to the plant. As for why he kept visiting... maybe he was trying to use the machinery to get rid of evidence? I wonder if other workers were there when he went? Maybe he was checking frequently so he could find a time when he was alone there.

Maybe he left the purple cloth sticking out of the ground as a marker so he would know where to find her body if it were dark. Maybe he wanted to move it to the plant to do something with it to reduce the chances of it being found. I assume they might have some sort of grinder there.

How do they get rid of the parts of the animals that they do not use? Do they have an incinerator?

I just read an update on this case put out this afternoon by NBC4. While it didn't contain anything significant, it did elaborate on the Saturday PM to Sunday AM timeline which, to some of us, has seemed murky. The article explained that Laura and T went to the field on Saturday but AFTER the grocery shopping. It further states that LE says this is when Laura talked (via text) to her sister telling her that T had taken her to a field on some sort of "adventure". The sister, in turn, told Laura to take a pic and send it to her, which she did. NBC4 states that from there, LE says it was in the course of this same visit, but technically Sunday, that Laura was killed. Assuming this is all accurate, that would mean:

1) when Laura went back out late Saturday, it was to go to the field with T (however, not sure what Laura knew at that point or what explanation T gave her)
2) the pic of the field that Laura took and sent to her sister, was taken in the
dark late Saturday night
3) Laura was killed shortly after midnight, in other words, the early morning hours of Sunday
4) Laura may or may not have been at this property on other occasions but it seems that with regard to this particular weekend (9/2-3), Laura was there just once. Specifically, shortly before and shortly after midnight Saturday.
5) References (including that of LE's) to Laura texting her sister Sunday AM are referring to shortly after midnight Saturday which, technically, is Sunday (but understandably misleading).

Assuming this is all correct information, hopefully, it answers some of the timeline questions.

I just read an update on this case put out this afternoon by NBC4. While it didn't contain anything significant, it did elaborate on the Saturday PM to Sunday AM timeline which, to some of us, has seemed murky. The article explained that Laura and T went to the field on Saturday but AFTER the grocery shopping. It further states that LE says this is when Laura talked (via text) to her sister telling her that T had taken her to a field on some sort of "adventure". The sister, in turn, told Laura to take a pic and send it to her, which she did. NBC4 states that from there, LE says it was in the course of this same visit, but technically Sunday, that Laura was killed. Assuming this is all accurate, that would mean:

1) when Laura went back out late Saturday, it was to go to the field with T (however, not sure what Laura knew at that point or what explanation T gave her)
2) the pic of the field that Laura took and sent to her sister, was taken in the
dark late Saturday night
3) Laura was killed shortly after midnight, in other words, the early morning hours of Sunday
4) Laura may or may not have been at this property on other occasions but it seems that with regard to this particular weekend (9/2-3), Laura was there just once. Specifically, shortly before and shortly after midnight Saturday.
5) References (including that of LE's) to Laura texting her sister Sunday AM are referring to shortly after midnight Saturday which, technically, is Sunday (but understandably misleading).

Assuming this is all correct information, hopefully, it answers some of the timeline questions.

Interesting (would love a link if you have it)!

Of all the places to spend time, a meat processing plant is one of the last places I'd want to go. I hate the smell of raw meat. Why would he hang out there??

Not sure if this is what you're asking, but TT may have historically hung out there with the owner (who became an acquaintance/friend over time) if TT were a hunter who brought game there to be dressed or processed. He apparently had access to at least one gun, so it wouldn't surprise me.

The property she was on was neighbors property, they where out of town for the Labor Day weekend. I have wondered if he knew that though his friend. I think the first she was there he was not around when she texted sister with picture. Something happened that kept him from doing it then. It's also possible he was scouting it out saturday. I'm still puzzled by the call to friend to help in late night b'more trip to take care of a mess or get rid of a mess? Doesn't jive.

The Baltimore thing is still interesting to me- what did he want to do there? Did he want to try to get rid of the gun or her phone or something? I'm just not sure what driving about an hour to Baltimore on Sunday night (ie, after she was already dead) would accomplish.

Pure speculation, but I checked deer season dates for MD and archery season began Sept. 8. Deer hunting is big here; we have so many they're considered a pest by some.

Wonder if TT had some type of legitimate preparation work to do at the meat processing plant, or if he was hoping to use the beginning of the season as an excuse for being there.

The Baltimore thing is still interesting to me- what did he want to do there? Did he want to try to get rid of the gun or her phone or something? I'm just not sure what driving about an hour to Baltimore on Sunday night (ie, after she was already dead) would accomplish.

The timeline of leaving the car, phone, and DL at the apt complex is strange to me. It seems he left the car there Sunday, which is why he was calling a friend to pick him up there that evening/night. I can see how he might have dumped the DL that night as well, but what about the phone? He had it the next morning to send the fake texts. My understanding is that the phone was found at the apt complex, which means he would have gone back to dump the phone there after already dumping the car and DL. Am I getting this right?

He was trying to "pick up a car" according to previous reports. I'm still wondering if he ever had a vehicle of his own prior to the murder (hers was left at the Gramercy Apts Monday along with the disposal of her phone and drivers license).

ETA: details in the charging documents: http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/...e-lake-laura-wallen-montgomery-county-howard/

dark late Saturday night

SOURCE:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-444565343.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DCBrand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1