Found Deceased MD - Laura Wallen, 31, pregnant, Olney, 3 Sept 2017 #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neighbors who live in the same condominium complex as Wallen, say they last saw her on the evening of Saturday, Sept. 2, between 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. in the parking lot of her condominium complex.

Wallen had just returned home with her boyfriend, who helped her carry a load of groceries into her home. The couple then took Wallen's dog outside for a few minutes to run around, and then the boyfriend left, a neighbor said. The neighbor asked not to be identified.

A few minutes later, Wallen got into her black 2011 Ford Escape SUV and drove off, leaving her dog behind.

Wallen's parents called police when they said they couldn't reach their daughter Saturday or Sunday.

Innocenti said the last text communication that came in from Wallen's cellphone was to family members on Monday, Sept. 4 around 9:00 a.m.
"It was troubling enough for family to call police," Innocenti said.

While an earlier press release stated Wallen last contacted her family via text on Sunday, Sept. 3, a police spokesperson said the information currently reported online is the correct version of events.

Police filed a missing persons report Monday, but visited Wallen's home "multiple times" beforehand to investigate, police spokesman Captain Paul Starks said.
http://www.thesentinel.com/mont/news/local/item/5748-police-search-for-missing-olney-woman

Neighbors who live in the same condominium complex as Wallen, say they last saw her on the evening of Saturday, Sept. 2, between 9:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. in the parking lot of her condominium complex.

Wallen had just returned home with her boyfriend, who helped her carry a load of groceries into her home. The couple then took Wallen's dog outside for a few minutes to run around, and then the boyfriend left, a neighbor said. The neighbor asked not to be identified.

A few minutes later, Wallen got into her black 2011 Ford Escape SUV and drove off, leaving her dog behind.

Wallen's parents called police when they said they couldn't reach their daughter Saturday or Sunday.

Innocenti said the last text communication that came in from Wallen's cellphone was to family members on Monday, Sept. 4 around 9:00 a.m.

While an earlier press release stated Wallen last contacted her family via text on Sunday, Sept. 3, a police spokesperson said the information currently reported online is the correct version of events.

Police filed a missing persons report Monday, but visited Wallen's home "multiple times" beforehand to investigate, police spokesman Captain Paul Starks said.
http://www.thesentinel.com/mont/news/local/item/5748-police-search-for-missing-olney-woman

Do they mean she just left her dog while they were still outside or she left her dog at her house?

So the text was sent to more than one family member :thinking:

So she was last seen on Saturday between 9-10 pm, but her parents hadn't communicated with her all day Saturday, even though she was still seen around her condo. It wasn't until Monday that the POLICE filed a missing persons report, based on the family contacting them and the police trying to locate her without success. Right? And her car was found by the High School she teaches at almost a week later. How far does she live from the school? And does she know anyone who lives at the apartment complex her car was found at? Was the car found INSIDE the gated community?

I wonder if the text message had anything to do with being afraid of anyone? Like a stalker or an ex or maybe even a crazy parent of one of her students. Or the boyfriend's ex?

Have any credit cards been used? She's been gone a week now.

Since the gist of her text messages wasn't released... I'm leaning towards possible suicide.
Or maybe she was freaked out about something and is hiding in fear for her life ?
But then it seems she'd go to her family.
:thinking:

My worry is that it was something along the lines of asking for help because someone was hurting her or threatening her. The message was sent at approx 9:30 am, so she could have been in danger from a stranger somehow.

Right but who is telling their current or former students that they are hanging up sonograms (personally I think that was witnessed not told) or that they are pregnant within a few weeks if knowing???

J.M.O.

Someone who is pregnant with their first and excited about it is going to tell everyone if they have a chance! And considering she had high school age students, it seems like a very normal thing for her to tell them.

It's also possible she is friends with them on FB and posts about her pregnancy were visible to friends only. Maybe she took a pic of the sonogram hanging on the fridge and the student saw that.

My point is, there are several reasons why the student could have had that info. And honestly, even if the student HAD been in her place, it's not immediately indicative of something inappropriate happening. The student may have come for tutoring. Maybe she hired the student to help move furniture around to make room for baby things.

I don't like the implication that she was having an inappropriate relationship with a student. There's no evidence of that whatsoever.

So she was last seen on Saturday between 9-10 pm, but her parents hadn't communicated with her all day Saturday, even though she was still seen around her condo. It wasn't until Monday that the POLICE filed a missing persons report, based on the family contacting them and the police trying to locate her without success. Right? And her car was found by the High School she teaches at almost a week later. How far does she live from the school? And does she know anyone who lives at the apartment complex her car was found at? Was the car found INSIDE the gated community?

I wonder if the text message had anything to do with being afraid of anyone? Like a stalker or an ex or maybe even a crazy parent of one of her students. Or the boyfriend's ex?

Have any credit cards been used? She's been gone a week now.

The car was INSIDE the gated community. You need a code to get IN, not just out. She lives about 20 miles from the school.

who is the father of the child she is expecting? Does anyone know? And where the heck is she; I cannot believe that she hasn't been located by now. Could she be in a shelter?

I kind of wondered if Laura was doing summer school or the days before school started and had hung the pic in the teachers lounge refrigerater. Students can bond very close to a teacher, in a very healthy way and look forward to seeing them again. But either way, super easy to say this one is going on the fridge to a person.

I don't know what to think. We have no idea what the text said, we could be looking at a suicide/unwell ran off or a victim of some type. I find it interesting that she took off after her bf. I have not looked at any recent news, going to see if he has giving a interview.

So

- last seen by neighbours Sat evening
- family unable to reach her Sat and Sun
- Police visited her home "multiple times" before Mon after being contacted by family
- troubling text sent to family Mon 9 am
- missing person report filed Mon

Maybe the text was suspicious because it didn't sound like her. From last sighting to text is roughly 36 hours during which family was not able to reach her. Maybe whoever harmed her saw all the attempts at communicating and decided to sent a reply to calm the family.

I wonder whether LE was at her home already on Sunday or only on Monday after the text was sent? It's not clear from the reporting. It only says LE investigated before filing the MP report on Monday. I guess the family requested a welfare check, but did they do that on Sunday or Monday?

The dog would be an indicator whether Laura ever returned to her condo after the last sighting Saturday evening. Was there fresh food and water for him? Had he soiled the apartment because he was left alone for too long?

She headed out Saturday evening - to do what? To meet who? I hope there's enough cameras along her route and in the apartment complex where the car was found to piece together what likely happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kirstycrab