MD MD - Laurel, in woods near Rte 197, WhtFem 19-25, UP2334, poor dentition, poss looked older, Dec'72

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Serial killer draws sketch of woman killed in Prince George's County in 1972

There are few clues to the victim’s identity at this point. After the remains were found, the medical examiner said she was a white woman, approximately 5’2” to 5’6” with dirty blonde or reddish hair.

Little told police he met the woman – who he said was a prostitute – at a bus station on New York Avenue in the District. After propositioning her for three days, he convinced her to get in a car and travel the country with him.

“However on this particular day, they had an interaction, a sexual interaction, and the monster came out of him, and he decided to strangle her to death, unfortunately” Nelson said.

Little claimed the woman told him she was recently divorced and from Massachusetts. Police from that state are working with Prince George’s County Police and the FBI to solve this cold case.

A medical examiner determined the victim is a Caucasian female, approximately 5-foot-2 to 5-foot-6, with dirty blonde or reddish hair.

Convicted serial killer sketches 1972 Prince George’s murder victim | WTOP

She was about 19 when she died.

Police are still trying to identify her.

Little said he met the woman in a bus station on New York Avenue in D.C. in May or June 1972, and they began driving north on the Baltimore-Washington Parkway.

About a quarter-mile north of Route 197 in Laurel, he said, they pulled off the road into a wooded area down a couple of dirt roads and had sex. He then strangled her.

He thought she was dead, but she “tried to stagger away from him,” Det. Bernie Nelson said.

Little caught up to her and strangled her a second time, killing her.

Little pointed out the exact location of the murder from police aerial photos, Nelson said. He had “a very good memory — photographic memory in fact.”

The woman was described by the medical examiner as white; between 5-foot-2 and 5-foot-6; having dirty blonde to reddish hair, and being in her early 20s — all details that Little got right in his confession. “Everything matched up,” Nelson said.

Nelson said Little thought the woman was from the Massachusetts area and had a child. Little said she told him her divorce had been finalized that day.

Asked whether it was possible that Little was the Freeway Phantom, the person who killed six black girls between April 1971 and September 1972 in the D.C. area, Nelson said Little denied those killings. He added, “If it was him, he’d tell you.”

Last edited:
What I found interesting is that He said the woman said she had a child.. but in the doenetwork profile it says she prob did Not have children.. so Either she made that up or he made that up or the medical examiners made a mistake...so who really knows.
Its also weird her hair is mentioned as reddish blonde yet both his sketch and the recon look like they have dark hair.

What I found interesting is that He said the woman said she had a child.. but in the doenetwork profile it says she prob did Not have children.. so Either she made that up or he made that up or the medical examiners made a mistake...so who really knows.
Its also weird her hair is mentioned as reddish blonde yet both his sketch and the recon look like they have dark hair.

I suppose that since only skeletal remains were found, it was hard to determine, though I've heard that there is observable evidence of past childbirth on the pelvis of a female, so for that to be overlooked by the coroner seems strange. The killer may not have correctly remembered what she'd said, or perhaps she lied to him.

Only some strands were recovered from the scene. In that case, the authorities probably had to make an educated guess as to her hair color, and most people's hair isn't a uniform color but instead falls within a range of hues, with some strands highlighted or sun-bleached and some strands appearing darker in contrast. I think she probably had brunette hair like the sketch shows, but with a lot of blond and red highlights throughout.

Although I am relieved that the killer is behind bars and volunteering information, it's just so sad that this woman's life ended the way it did, and she was just left in the woods like that. :(

“Believe it or not, you only see evil a few times in your career,” said Tim Marcia, a cold case detective with the Los Angeles Police Department, who dealt with Mr. Little on the three killings he was convicted of there. “Looking into his eyes, I would say that was pure evil.”

He Says He Got Away With 90 Murders. Now He’s Confessing to Them All.

The childbirth skeletal markings aren't one hundred per cent accurate. We've even had a case or two of remains that turned out to be male but had the typical pitting of pregnancy on their pelvic bones.

It also doesn't sound like Little was real sure on that part. He seems to remember all the details of the crime, but the details of who his victims were as people, not so much.

Hello,i come across this Samuel little victim sketch and i think this girl might be a match.
So victim is described as white female between 20-25 years old killed in 1972 and possibly Massachusetts 20190321_173202.pngthis is the victim sketch
And the possible match is Carol Louise Rodriguez,Carol is described as 29 years old girl( a bit older than age Samuel give) she was white/caucasian female 5'5 tall and 129 pounds
Her hair was described as brown but at the time of her dissaparence she had some blonde highlight they were shoulder length long also her eyes were green,she dissapeared in august of 1973 ( a year difference) but it is know that Samuel sometimes messes the year.
This is the photo of Carol:20190321_174241.png

Hello,i come across this Samuel little victim sketch and i think this girl might be a match.
So victim is described as white female between 20-25 years old killed in 1972 and possibly Massachusetts View attachment 175431this is the victim sketch
And the possible match is Carol Louise Rodriguez,Carol is described as 29 years old girl( a bit older than age Samuel give) she was white/caucasian female 5'5 tall and 129 pounds
Her hair was described as brown but at the time of her dissaparence she had some blonde highlight they were shoulder length long also her eyes were green,she dissapeared in august of 1973 ( a year difference) but it is know that Samuel sometimes messes the year.
This is the photo of Carol:View attachment 175432

Hi Arz and welcome to Websleuths !

You may also want to post that in this thread, as it appears to be fairly active.

FBI Releases More Samuel Little Drawings of Victims

So victim is described as white female between 20-25 years old killed in 1972 and possibly Massachusetts View attachment 175431this is the victim sketch
This is the photo of Carol:View attachment 175432

Yes, it is known that S. Little does mess up the years, however there is no doubt about this Jane Doe as she was found in Dec of '72.

So, unless Carol's year of disappearance in '73 is wrong (half year after Jane Doe was found), it can't be her.

Mind you, there is potential of wrong dates in older cases of missing people, so there is still some possibility.

Bone of Unidentified Victim of US's Most Prolific Serial Killer Sent for DNA Testing

samuel+little+pg+county1.jpg

Detectives in Maryland are having a bone from a 1972 victim of a serial killer tested in an effort to identify the woman.

Prince George's County police sent the 19-year-old woman's femur to a lab in Virginia for DNA testing.
---
Little and the woman are believed to have met at a Greyhound bus station on New York Avenue in Washington, D.C., in May or June 1972. Over a three-day period, Little and the woman had interactions and at one point, left the station in Little's car, Little told authorities. They drove on what investigators believe was the Baltimore-Washington Parkway, left the parkway in the area of Beltsville, Maryland, and had sex, Little told authorities.
---
Little was in the D.C. area at the time of the killing and was arrested on a handgun charge in May 1972 at the same bus station where he said he met the victim.

She may have been from the Massachusetts area and had recently gotten divorced, Little told investigators. Her height was between 5-foot-2 and 5-foot-6. She was Caucasian and may have had a child.

Bone of Unidentified Victim of Serial Killer Gets DNA Tests

New entry in NamUs, but unless Little has messed up the date when he met and killed Jane Doe, Mary Ann Teresa Waite is off by about a year (she disappeared June 1971). She's also listed with black hair. Still, Laurel Jane Doe was the first UID that hit me when I read it.

New entry in NamUs, but unless Little has messed up the date when he met and killed Jane Doe, Mary Ann Teresa Waite is off by about a year (she disappeared June 1971). She's also listed with black hair. Still, Laurel Jane Doe was the first UID that hit me when I read it.
He's actually notorious for not remembering dates correctly, fyi, so definitely don't use that as a reason to discount a potential match

He's actually notorious for not remembering dates correctly, fyi, so definitely don't use that as a reason to discount a potential match
Tru dat. There's also the Massachusetts connection, but I am no Little expert. Was he in Maryland in the summer of 1971, too? Could he have mistaken Brockton for Boston? I wish there was a photograph of Mary Ann!

Tru dat. There's also the Massachusetts connection, but I am no Little expert. Was he in Maryland in the summer of 1971, too? Could he have mistaken Brockton for Boston? I wish there was a photograph of Mary Ann!

People from smaller towns in eastern Mass will sometimes (often?) say they're from Boston because people in other areas tend not to know Brockton/Marlborough/Framingham/Hingham/Needham/etc etc. I've done it myself, especially when traveling.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yo_chacha
Back