GUILTY MD - Multiple Fatalities At Capital Gazette Newsroom In Annapolis, 28 June 2018 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My first thought when seeing this was political terrorism. I hope it turns out to be some domestic thing that spilled into the workplace. We've been seeing lot of rage directed to members of the news media lately. This would take us into terrifying territory if so.

oh my 5 dead confirmed

why is it that I never think it is gonna be as horrid as it turns out (it is not on all of these mass murders )

there are gonna be more really bad injured

i just did not when i first heard did not think it si gaona be so bad

here we are again

its gonna be bad my friends tiresome no?

Newspaper in shooting has a rich history

From CNN's Brian Stelter

These papers work hard for their communities. Capital Gazette Communications publishes multiple papers, including the Capital and the Maryland Gazette.

The publications have a rich history -- and they've continued to cover Annapolis, the Maryland state house, and state politics despite rounds of cutbacks over the years.

The staff does a lot with a little, in terms of resources. There are a couple dozen editors and reporters, some of whom work at the office every day. Others are out in the community at events and meetings.

The address where the shooting occurred was well known to readers and members of the public. In this case, shots rang out in the early afternoon, obviously a busy time of a day in and around a newsroom.

So, it probably was a disgruntled employee or a domestic situation.

I'm thinking is was someone unknown to the people in the building. Several news reporters at the scene witnessed him being taken into custody. It would seem that with all those reporters that a name would be leaked by now. I think they don't know him. JMO

NYPD deployed to major media orgs in mid-town -- suggests media targeting over a domestic or disgruntled employee scenario, IMO. More evidence of a possible campaign rather than a single-shooter or event perhaps, although this deployment and others noted above may be precautionary.

NYPD deploying officers to media organizations in New York City

Last edited:
Horrible.
I'm not going to speculate on motive, but I'd be willing to bet that whatever the motive, drugs and/or mental illness will be a factor.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susielarios
Back