MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just so sad, but honestly, I am not surprised. When people feel wronged and threatened, they often act out in over-the-top ways. In this case it is sheer reactive, criminal behaviour.

I would say I am more surprised at Charleston for their NON-riotous behaviour. Surprised, but impressed at their prudence. Violence will never make the point that violence is wrong.

Charleston has remained calm because there was an immediate arrest, immediate job termination and the alleged murderer has been ostracized from his former peer group. Maybe that's the strategy which should be taken. Act immediately, investigate and keep things low key during the investigation...... Though, we'll see how that all pans out after a GJ meeting.

There is video, which isn't MSM so I don't believe I can post, of the Clergy begging the bloods and all to please help them.

I have a friend who is clergy in Baltimore. Please keep PEACE in your thoughts.

My heart is with all of the officers tonight who are facing grave danger. Their families have to be worried out of their minds. I pray each and every one of them returns safely home to their families.

And may God bless the city of Baltimore tonight and all of its good citizens. It has to be horrible for them to see their city on fire in so many areas.

On Fox it was said that there are still destruction seen in certain areas from the 1968 riots. I think this will be much worse. The hard hit areas may never come back.:(

These criminals are opportunist.

Today also on Fox an AA Sheriff of a large town said (paraphrasing) These people don't know or care about Freddy Gray. He went on to mention that 90% of all homicides in Baltimore are AA victims with AA offenders. He said if Freddy was alive and if he went into a bar and accidentally bump into any one of the ones who are doing all the mayhem they would blow him away right then and there in the bar.

This has nothing to do with Freddie's death or justice imo. It is a way 'these' (what we cant call them) can be very violent and think there wont be in accountability. So they loot, injury, and are arsonist in the first degree.

If I was one of the peaceful protestor no one could catch me out on the streets among all of these criminals. I fear someone is going to be killed or gravely injured before daylight.

This is not a Ferguson. The police force in BM is majority AAs and has an AA Mayor and have many AA leaders as well.

IMO

Looting and rioting doesn't stick it to the man. It screws over all those people working at those places suddenly out of a job, maybe who relied on it to keep a roof over their heads and their children fed. "The Man" profits (rebuilding, political gains/leverage, selling more inventory to business owners to replace destroyed and stolen goods). But their neighbors, friends - that's who suffers.

I live in a suburb of Charleston and I, too, am impressed with how the incident here was handled.

Looting and rioting just makes observers from afar just think that police aren't being tough enough, if anything it skewers the argument completely. I'm very sad to see old buildings on fire :(

I saw some pics where the looters were taking selfies while they looted.Sorry do not know how to post pics.

I sure hope they are stupid enough to put it out on FB or some other social media site.

Every one of them needs to be locked up.

I sure hope they are stupid enough to put it out on FB or some other social media site.

Every one of them needs to be locked up.

Didn't looters used to be shot? Too bad that doesn't happen any more.

Looting and rioting doesn't stick it to the man. It screws over all those people working at those places suddenly out of a job, maybe who relied on it to keep a roof over their heads and their children fed. "The Man" profits (rebuilding, political gains/leverage, selling more inventory to business owners to replace destroyed and stolen goods). But their neighbors, friends - that's who suffers.

I live in a suburb of Charleston and I, too, am impressed with how the incident here was handled.

Most excellent post !!!

Marina Marraco ‏@MarinaMarraco 2m2 minutes ago

Flames at $16 million senior citizen community project now under control. Several buildings across the street also showing plumes of smoke

Jon Swaine ‏@jonswaine 1h1 hour ago

Pastor Hickman: burning building was to be 60-unit affordable housing for seniors. "It hurts my heart," he says.

Do the math on the cost per unit.

My heart is with all of the officers tonight who are facing grave danger. Their families have to be worried out of their minds. I pray each and every one of them returns safely home to their families.

And may God bless the city of Baltimore tonight and all of its good citizens. It has to be horrible for them to see their city on fire in so many areas.

On Fox it was said that there are still destruction seen in certain areas from the 1968 riots. I think this will be much worse. The hard hit areas may never come back.:(

These criminals are opportunist.

Today also on Fox an AA Sheriff of a large town said (paraphrasing) These people don't know or care about Freddy Gray. He went on to mention that 90% of all homicides in Baltimore are AA victims with AA offenders. He said if Freddy was alive and if he went into a bar and accidentally bump into any one of the ones who are doing all the mayhem they would blow him away right then and there in the bar.

This has nothing to do with Freddie's death or justice imo. It is a way 'these' (what we cant call them) can be very violent and think there wont be in accountability. So they loot, injury, and are arsonist in the first degree.

If I was one of the peaceful protestor no one could catch me out on the streets among all of these criminals. I fear someone is going to be killed or gravely injured before daylight.

This is not a Ferguson. The police force in BM is majority AAs and has an AA Mayor and have many AA leaders as well.

IMO

I second your prayers. And I want to add firefighters, life squads and other supportive personnel too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en