MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone should be able to vote.And the members are what keeps the site going,we are the ones using it.It may belong to owners but it belongs to all of us.Cue the Star Spangled Banner!

Before you wave that banner, you might try reading the Constitution of the nation it represents.

It appears that the rioters were much more organized and planned out than the police department. What pitiful excuses this police chief is making for what has happened in this city.

First, I was not being sarcastic. I was genuinely complimenting you on what I thought was a clever neologism. I've been using it ever since.

But the English language has over one millions words! If the "ug word" has come to be associated unfairly with one group, there are plenty of other words we can employ.

And for the record, after years in academia, I am happy to say that reports of "political correctness" have been greatly exaggerated. The First Amendment does not govern a private website. Word usage here at WS is decided by the owner and moderators. But if there is to be a vote, then I say only African Americans should be allowed to cast ballots.

The word originates from India and literally means "thief," derived from Sanskrit .

Before you wave that banner, you might try reading the Constitution of the nation it represents.

I really don't remember the Constitution allowing only one race to vote, how did I miss that? I wonder.

Don't forget about Whitey Bulger & the Irish Mob.
But I hear the word mob & mobster not used exclusively for Italians. I've heard Russian mob, Chinese mob, etc

That's true, but only relatively recently. The Italian mob doesn't even run Las Vegas any more. Former members have either been killed or incarcerated or they have gone legit (thanks to concerted efforts by the Feds). Mostly to be replaced by the Russian mob.

So the word has a new ethnic association, but it still is used mainly for one group. In my experience, anyway. (Yes, I've heard "Chinese mob", but rarely.)

OMG did I hear that right .. the 'bloods' and the 'crips' had a meeting yesterday .. what on earth?????

I heard that. + Black Guerilla's. And he said it fast but I thought he said each group had vowed to kill 1 officer each.

I heard that. + Black Guerilla's. And he said it fast but I thought he said each group had vowed to kill 1 officer each.

What in the flipping heck right? Oh I bet Charlie Manson is just loving all this, what a mess.

can't believe the direction CNN is taking but hey, that's the way it is. Look up The Atlantic magazine and a guy called Tahnesi Coates...apparently this isn't 'morally unimpeachable' but its 'what happens when people go unheard'...

Find this to be a very dangerous line we are crossing, that those rioting are to be excused because they haven't been heard. Revolutions are bloody but that seems to be what some are completely agitating for. And what will they replace the present govt with??? crickets chirping...

I really don't remember the Constitution allowing only one race to vote, how did I miss that? I wonder.

Obviously I was being facetious, since my main point was that WS is not a democracy and is not covered by the First Amendment.

I do believe in the right of minorities to self-label, but that is a different issue and one not covered in the Constitution. It falls more under the category of "good manners".

[QUOTE=cuffem;11730067]I hope I do not get in trouble with anyone but maybe we could take a vote on the ug word.If websleuths starts sensoring every word that one person may see as racist this would be a bad precedent.We should have a right to vote on this, IMO.Please mods don't spank me![/QUOTE]

cuffem -
I've read many of your insightful posts on other threads, but this is not one of them, imo..
This is a private board, and ppl posting here have agreed to ToS.

Re ^ this 'censoring' idea, if you want to exercise your right to vote, be registered & go to the polls.

I am glad for the opportunity to participate here and if I not longer want to abide by ToS,
I can do the same thing anyone else can do - vote w my feet- or more accurately, w my fingertips
by going to other boards. Reddit anyone? Not for me, TYVM.
JM2cts

I'll step back and let Mods and the W/S owner speak on their own behalf.

Wow! That is your opinion and I have the right to say as I feel.Geez everyone is getting way too touchy over this.I rarely post so when I do it is for something I feel is needed to be said.All you needed to say was you do not agree no need to belittle me of my post.
I am not saying I do not want to go by rules,I am saying that this decision should be made by all of us.This is why I do not post often.

Listening to this Baltimore Police spokesperson speak on CNN, it sounds as if much of the arson, looting, & violence that occurred today was committed by local ne'er-do-wells, and not by so-called "outside agitators".

Listening to this Baltimore Police spokesperson speak on CNN, it sounds as if much of the arson, looting, & violence that occurred today was committed by local ne'er-do-wells, and not by so-called "outside agitators".

He'll be looking for a new job since he told the truth.

When the Mayor said that they had to give the violent protesters some space to destroy, I knew then this was going to turn into a powder keg.
RSBM
-- Snipped for brevity, Emphasis mine.

In my opinion this is called 'domestic terrorism' -- the people who are destroying property, looting, and attacking law enforcement. And what an utterly despicable thing for the mayor to say !!! I think she should be held accountable for her loathsome words.
How would she like it if her home was looted and on fire from these losers who would call themselves 'protesters' ?

Maybe there are some of the domestic terrorists out there tonight who feel they have a 'right' to commit violence because they were bullied and targeted racially ? Well I have news for them : Other people have been racially targeted and have done nothing except go about their business as peaceful, law-abiding citizens , and these people do not go around slashing the hoses of firefighters . Sickening.

You cannot control what people say/do to you... but you CAN control your own actions !!

What a sad day for America. :( Sometimes I feel like the United Sates doesn't have to worry about being taken over by a hostile foreign power ; we are destroying ourselves from within.

:moo:

That's true, but only relatively recently. The Italian mob doesn't even run Las Vegas any more. Former members have either been killed or incarcerated or they have gone legit (thanks to concerted efforts by the Feds). Mostly to be replaced by the Russian mob.

So the word has a new ethnic association, but it still is used mainly for one group. In my experience, anyway. (Yes, I've heard "Chinese mob", but rarely.)

Nova----check your immigration history but as Schmae eloquently stated above.....the discussion is going to be a violation of TOS since there's words we can't use. So I've done some "housekeeping", iykwim?

;-)

What in the flipping heck right? Oh I bet Charlie Manson is just loving all this, what a mess.

I live in the boonies. But even I know people who seriously believe it is coming. And has anyone ever asked the "doomsday preppers" how they think doomsday will come about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj