MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think threads like this that seem to be opened on more than a daily basis only help to spread racism and promote riots. Even though it's set up as a dialogue it always ends up just like political issues used to in the Political Forum. It's always the cops against the African Americans or Hispanics it seems. What about all the violence our good police officers see? Where's those threads? How about the ones where criminals shoot at and attack police officers? This is daily daily daily! It's apparent there's an agenda and I don't feel comfortable about it. Social media plays a big part in so many people's lives now. It's time to take responsibility instead of only pushing one's own prejudiced opinions, woe is me, always the big bad cop's fault.

This is disgusting what's going on in Baltimore. My GOD it's absolutely atrocious! But seeing thread after thread after thread of this cop did this or that wrong - and in this case IMVHO it's obvious the police are at fault - but opening up thread after thread pointing out what cops did wrong is just flat out plain pure and simple hateful. Obvious to me there's an agenda.

In our latest town meeting where I live we addressed this very issue about how social media is being used to incite this kind of crap.

Rioting is NOT a good way to draw attention to a cause. Omg this is horrific! I wish I were bewitched and could twitch my little nose to make it all go away where everyone could live in harmony and everyone followed the law. And the gang crap has to stop. Gmab about it being a survival method to get through life. I say ship 'em all outta here. Sick of all this violence!

Denying the very real issue of police brutality against people of color is the problem.

JMHO.

I haven't followed the goings on in Baltimore at all. Let me see if I got this right. Excessive force is claimed to have been used. People fed up with the use of excessive force protest. Police response is to show up with more force. Protesters or others get more fired up and resort to violence. Police amp up even more force. People are enraged even further by the use of yet more force. Rinse. Repeat. The cycle goes on.

Yeah, something tells me nothing is getting fixed and it's only going to continue to get worse before it gets better.

Using your post as a springboard. Maybe someone ought to hold the occupants and driver of the paddy wagon gone wild while Mr. Gray was being transported responsible. Isn't it time the GOOD cops are tired of cleaning up after the bad ones? while the bad ones on desk duty or are on leave with pay? They're home safe somewhere, while their law abiding peers are out being endangers while battling the chaos they caused.

We can all argue back and forth about peaceful and non peaceful or rioters, but until those responsible are held accountable and are prosecuted appropriately, this is going to continue, over and over and over and over.

I wonder if the NG has arrived yet?
Baltimore is burning to the ground.
The elderly and the very young are not getting proper medical attention, (amongst others), because EMS are unable to get to them in time.
Many, many LEO's are in the hospital suffering from wounds inflicted by criminal's.
I'm tired and fairly certain that I have missed some salient points in this thread.

Good update by why was your post attached to a quote from me? It has nothing to do with what I was saying.

If history shows us anything, then I highly doubt it. We will kill each other off before that happens.

History? History shows us that we have been evolving for hundreds of thousands of years. Think about how much more we respect other just in the last few hundred years. More and more people are becoming aware of what is needed for a peaceful society. That trend is going to continue infinitely.

History? History shows us that we have been evolving for hundreds of thousands of years. Think about how much more we respect other just in the last few hundred years. More and more people are becoming aware of what is needed for a peaceful society. That trend is going to continue infinitely.

Um, OK. What is going on across the world right now in terms of terrorism, genocide, rampant murder and other atrocities begs to differ. But bless you for being an optimist.

Um, OK. What is going on across the world right now in terms of terrorism, genocide, rampant murder and other atrocities begs to differ. But bless you for being an optimist.

What is going on right now is but a blip on the radar. Not only that, but you are missing out on all of the good that happens daily. It just doesn't get reported by the State Run Me.... er.. I mean Main Stream Media

Wow all that money, could they move the game somewhere else?

Right! I wonder how much $$ is made by one pro game with lodging, fuel , food and souvenirs bought , not to mention the workers who depend on that job. Nice job to the hooligans. There goes a LOT of money straight out of your community that would have been beneficial to you all.

She did say it, though. She is trying to backtrack and say it was taken out of context.

Regardless, she certainly doesn't seem able to properly handle this situation and instead seems to want tread on the side of not upsetting the rioters by refusing to harshly condemn what they are doing.

To anyone from the area: How did this woman get elected, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08