MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been posted - I haven't had a chance to catch up with this thread. This mom is amazing...and scary. I'd just go home if she told me to.

CBS Los Angeles (@CBSLA) tweeted - 28 Apr 15:

VIDEO: Mother seen dragging son away from #BaltimoreRiots. cbsloc.al/1zjwg6h pic.twitter.com/7V0b26SUgj (https://twitter.com/CBSLA/status/593038400753512448?s=17)

I just keep thinking this has got to be worse than those embarassing nekid baby pictures parents like to share. My mom busting me and whooping my azz on national TV. It would make me stay out of trouble.

Denying the very real issue of police brutality against people is the problem. IMHO

I agree with this. Although I believe people of color may be somewhat more likely to be on the receiving end because that is just the state of humanity right now and LE is not immune from that. The real problem from my POV is that there too many LEO who abuse their authority. (Please note that by "too many" I mean relatively few percentage wise, but one is too many in a position of trust and authority)

JMO

OMG the lady on FOX News Jeniece Andrews is breaking my heart. She watched her business burn down, all that she's worked for and poured her heart and soul into and now she has nothing. Where's the Black Lawyers for Justice for her?? Maybe they should be on her side of the situation!

It definitely hurts the local economy and specifically the local stadium workers. It hurts the parking lot workers and the ushers and the concession workers and most of them are probably local low income residents. JMO

And it's not just one day. They are now playing in Florida for the remainder.

"Restaurants, community centers and churches on Tuesday took to Twitter, posting information marked with #baltimorelunch hashtag to tell residents where children could eat for free.

The city cancelled classes for 84,000 public school students after Monday night's violence. About 84 percent of the students qualify for free or reduced lunch."

http://www.nytimes.com/live/confron...o-spot-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Inthedetails wrote: "Restaurants, community centers and churches on Tuesday took to Twitter, posting information marked with #baltimorelunch hashtag to tell residents where children could eat for free.

The city cancelled classes for 84,000 public school students after Monday night's violence. About 84 percent of the students qualify for free or reduced lunch."

Thanks so much for sharing this Inthedetails! That is beautiful information!!

RSBM

So, they're just going to play to empty seats ? Wow.
I don't want those who are creating mayhem to think they've "won".
Imo.

They played the other day and heard people yelling and damaging cars in the area.
Also

They’ve also relocated the following Orioles-Rays series to Florida, and the Orioles will still play as if they’re the home team even though they’re the away team.

RSBM

So, they're just going to play to empty seats ? Wow.
I don't want those who are creating mayhem to think they've "won".
Imo.

I am sure the people that work the park, you know the guy hollering K corn K corn, get your k corn here, who wants K corn! people like him and the vendor employee's probably are having problems getting to work as well. jmo idk

That's just great! Now this city will have both Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, how lucky can you get? I'm sure peace will immediately settle upon the city just like it has in other cities where these two are present.

RSBM

I like your sarcasm, lonetraveler. ;)
Al and Jesse are like flies attracted to unsavory....ness. (apologies, trying to think of a better term, lol ) Those two are getting old; no doubt some other fine citizen will take up their 'banner' once they have passed on.
MOO

I am sure the people that work the park, you know the guy hollering K corn K corn, get your k corn here, who wants K corn! people like him and the vendor employee's probably are having problems getting to work as well. jmo idk

And the vendors getting food, drinks etc. to the ball park..... No one wants week old buns with their hot dogs.

I have a feeling these crouds are getting ready to come out and stand in front of LE and stay after curfew to see what will happen kinda in your face type thing.

Just heard on radio (wnew) that the mayor is going is give a press conference coming up, no time given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en