MD - Officers Injured, Baltimore Businesses Shut Down Amid Violent Riots - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so I should pity GANG MEMBERS? Because...er justice, that's what its about, right?

So when are the gang's victims going to get justice?

No, I don't think you ever said that. You agree with the protests. I think the riot'ers use the protests as an excuse to do damage and crime. Then the whole thing gets combined into one big mess and people can't/don't separate the two. The message gets lost.
All MOO

It's possible I misread your post ;) Thanks for clarifying.

I hate that the riots happen on the heels of these protests. It makes it so easy to dismiss the message :( I can't imagine how the actual protesters feel.

so I should pity GANG MEMBERS? Because...er justice, that's what its about, right?

So when are the gang's victims going to get justice?

What are you talking about? Who said ANYTHING about pitying gang members????

I see that you, and obviously others, think this is the way to bring attention to a situation that you are unhappy with. Speaking only for myself, I think it makes people against whatever the 'protest' is being staged for. If I start out agreeing with you, but this type of situation arises, and messes up my life or my property or whatever, it tends to change my mind. Then instead of looking for justice for the victim, like Mr Gray, you start wanting to punish the protesters, whether peaceful or not.
Otherwise, don't punish me for what someone else did, or I may try to punish you for what people who think they are supporting you did. (I don't know if that makes sense.) I just feel we all lose sight of the root issue, cause now we have to deal with all the collateral damage.
This is all MOO.

I agree. I don't agree with what happened with Mr Gray. But at one point last night I found myself thinking "just shoot 'em". It would have been the wrong thing to do, but the thought appeared briefly. For a period last night the rioters became the face of the neighborhood. And my thought was to just shoot them. It was all too easy to forget the folks from today. The ones that were in their homes last night, likely scared. But they are out today cleaning up.

There are a lot of people who are different from me. What they will remember of this neighborhood is last nights face. Because that image is hard to forget. And what assistance, concessions or funds do you want to give to last night's face?

This world is truly upside down.
Question everything.
There is deception everywhere.
Someday we are all gonna have to respect each other.

See this was stated in other cities as well, that the protests and rioting weren't connected..until oops, they were. And as the discussion about this issue is more than just the protests on the street, again, many places to gather information these days, there is, at the very least, a subgroup of the protests who very much think the rioting is the way to draw attention to their cause. You can refuse to acknowledge that, but it is quite clearly obvious to anyone who looks with an open mind...

I have gone from a person who thought Zimmerman should have been thrown in jail to someone who is seriously starting to think there is some sort of subversion of the United States going on here. There are protesters out there who think that justice will only be brought about thru violence. You can not acknowledge that, fine. But I listen/read much more than a protestors' sign..

I haven't followed the goings on in Baltimore at all. Let me see if I got this right. Excessive force is claimed to have been used. People fed up with the use of excessive force protest. Police response is to show up with more force. Protesters or others get more fired up and resort to violence. Police amp up even more force. People are enraged even further by the use of yet more force. Rinse. Repeat. The cycle goes on.

Yeah, something tells me nothing is getting fixed and it's only going to continue to get worse before it gets better.

This world is truly upside down.
Question everything.
There is deception everywhere.
Someday we are all gonna have to respect each other.

It will never happen. Don't get me wrong we should aspire to that. But in reality it will never happen.

Baltimore News:
Baltimore City Councilman Brandon Scott talked to The Fan radio this morning about how he hopes to bring change to the city as well as his thoughts on the violence.

“[The] 300 man march is against all violence. We don’t care how someone dies,” Scott said. “We are against all violence — all violence, police, citizen on citizen, domestic it doesn’t matter. We want violence in our city to stop and what we are going to continue to do is be a show of force and being a show of citizens and being responsible.”

The real leaders in Baltimore are speaking out and speaking up - to make a difference! The media is finally showing a bit more of this which is crucial to any community that is suffering! Sending prayers to Baltimore.

It would be great if they could somehow get all the rioters together, and make them rebuild what they'd destoyed -- with no pay. Not gonna happen, but in my perfect world, it's what I dream of.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-riot-smacks-upside-head-large-crowd.html

(SMB)

I love this idea!!!! I think it would work, I really do. They have enough on video for a huge start. Anyone identified doing any damage should be sentenced to rebuild. Rebuild at a location destroyed/damaged does not have to be the same location the criminal act was done. Heck, even if they start out with 3 or 4 sentenced workers, bet those workers will start identifying others on video just to 'get some help' with their sentence.

At any time the work isn't acceptable, then start over until it is. If a worker doesn't show up, they spend double the days in jail left out only to go to work. Do it right the first time and your sentence is shorter should be the motto.

Here is where we can say the sentence fit the crime.

<modsnip>

What I am seeing out of the riots is not only police brutality but apparently a bunch of criminalized kids. And I am sorry, but that is not completely the cops' fault. Rights have an opposing side of the coin and it is called responsibility.

I completely salute the mother who slapped her son around after learning of his participation in the riots. But there are clearly a whole lot of other mothers who didn't do the same cuz the crap is STILL going on...

Maybe if they start throwing the parents in jail things will change.

I haven't followed the goings on in Baltimore at all. Let me see if I got this right. Excessive force is claimed to have been used. People fed up with the use of excessive force protest. Police response is to show up with more force. Protesters or others get more fired up and resort to violence. Police amp up even more force. People are enraged even further by the use of yet more force. Rinse. Repeat. The cycle goes on.

Yeah, something tells me nothing is getting fixed and it's only going to continue to get worse before it gets better.
That is wrong.

Baltimore News:
Baltimore City Councilman Brandon Scott talked to The Fan radio this morning about how he hopes to bring change to the city as well as his thoughts on the violence.

&#8220;[The] 300 man march is against all violence. We don&#8217;t care how someone dies,&#8221; Scott said. &#8220;We are against all violence &#8212; all violence, police, citizen on citizen, domestic it doesn&#8217;t matter. We want violence in our city to stop and what we are going to continue to do is be a show of force and being a show of citizens and being responsible.&#8221;

No offense intended. But he is supposed to be a leader. Where was he last night? He wants to bang the drum today. But my respect goes to the ministers, coaches and private citizens who took to the streets last night and tried to stop what was happening. They were the leaders. They led by example.
They didn't wait until the next day when it was safer. They addressed the problem at hand. They didn't try to roll everything up in one big ball so that no one group would get mad at him and not vote for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore