MD MD - Pamela Conyers, 16, Glen Burnie, 16 Oct 1970

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

If the killer did get into her vehicle, the backseat and waited on her to return. Perhaps he had her drive to the spot her and her car was found.

If that is the case, he either lived in the area she was found so he could walk home, or he hitchhike out from the area. Not sure what the distance is from where she was last seen and where she was found.

I was thinking he could had have a vehicle already there where she was found so he could leave in it afterwards. But than i thought he would have had to had transportation to where she was last seen to take her from there.

So I will guess he lived close by where she was found, or hitchhiked out of the area.

If the killer did get into her vehicle, the backseat and waited on her to return. Perhaps he had her drive to the spot her and her car was found.

If that is the case, he either lived in the area she was found so he could walk home, or he hitchhike out from the area. Not sure what the distance is from where she was last seen and where she was found.

I was thinking he could had have a vehicle already there where she was found so he could leave in it afterwards. But than i thought he would have had to had transportation to where she was last seen to take her from there.

So I will guess he lived close by where she was found, or hitchhiked out of the area.

Agree with your thoughts - cases like this (as far as one's I've followed) all are someone local who is very familiar with areas involved.

Since it appears to be an isolated sexual attack (killer did not go on and become serial) shows something - knows the victim and specifically sought her out because - (any of the following):
Sexual attack was primary - killing since she could ID him.
He could get close to her without scaring her.
He knew where she lived, could watch, wait, follow her.

Also re-dressing her shows also shows he knows her or her family, has some feelings towards victim, and/or cannot face evilness of his actions.
Would think he would have acted strange in days following her abduction as what he did played upon his mind.

He may have become serial. Just he changed tactics or towns.

Sadly true. Though this crime seems very local and done by someone very close to her... just don't get the sense it's a budding SK...

If it was done by a seasoned SK passing thru town, don't think he'd know the locale well enough to know to take her to farm house .. unless he was from the area, but had moved away (or was elsewhere) and had recently returned, spotted her, committed the crime, and then left..

But I really don't know, just making conversation...

Wonder if any who were around her last night of her life went into the service shortly thereafter...

I made a longer post, but it got deleted before I could post it... anyway, here is my idea...

The murderer is local. He thought he was being sly making the girl drive to the crime scene (his car might be stashed within walking distance).

But, the police figured that out immediately. They got a little too close and he left town. They may or may not know they spooked the real killer. He may have stuck around some months without killing anyone.

Then he moved. And he stopped doing whatever it was the cops were wise to in this case (probably the part about the car).

Anyway, that's what I meant. I just think these guys do not stop. I believe there are guys in jail for one murder that the cops totally know they did other murders, but could only prove one in court. That will probably be an early murder when the killer was young.

However, I am very influenced by what happened to my friend. Which led to a lot of the above thinking..So moo.

Back in those days, I don't think there was all the much communication between jurisdictions like there is today, and what you said December ^^ is logical.

I know this is obvious, but - So many old cases solved by finding DNA that can be placed in CODIS - wonder if any can be recovered and tested... don't see any mention of DNA in article above.

Absolutely. Or if the neighbor with the little dog was involved, I would assume they would have found dog hair.

Browsing through newspapers.com, there was an article about an attempted abduction from Glen Burnie Mall the following December. I don't think I can link to it, but here's a summary:

A 20 yr old woman was abducted from the Glen Burnie Mall on Dec. 14, 1970. She had been shopping and came out around 9:15 pm to find her car had a flat tire. A man, about age 30, approached and asked her if she needed help changing the tire. After changing it for her, he convinced her she needed to take the tire to a local tire store for repair. He got into the passenger side seat to ride with her. She pulled out on Ritchie Hwy and when stopped in traffic, he grabbed her by the head and forced himself into the driver's seat. As they drove farther down Ritchie Hwy, they slowed in traffic and she jumped out of the car and began screaming for help. The abductor drove off and she called her father to pick her up. They reported the incident to police who searched and later found her car in flames less than a mile away. The car was destroyed.

The description of the man was similar to that of a man who abducted 2 women and sexually attacked them in a Glen Burnie shopping center parking lot in 1969. He was white, about 30 yrs old, medium length brown hair and about 5 ft 10 in tall, with a medium build.

From The Capital, 16 Dec 1970

That's 4 women attacked, one killed in 1969-70 all abducted from the same area.

It sounds as though there was a serial rapist/abductor in the area who escalated to murder. He either lived in the area and walked home after his crimes or stashed a car nearby.

Browsing through newspapers.com, there was an article about an attempted abduction from Glen Burnie Mall the following December. I don't think I can link to it, but here's a summary:

A 20 yr old woman was abducted from the Glen Burnie Mall on Dec. 14, 1970. She had been shopping and came out around 9:15 pm to find her car had a flat tire. A man, about age 30, approached and asked her if she needed help changing the tire. After changing it for her, he convinced her she needed to take the tire to a local tire store for repair. He got into the passenger side seat to ride with her. She pulled out on Ritchie Hwy and when stopped in traffic, he grabbed her by the head and forced himself into the driver's seat. As they drove farther down Ritchie Hwy, they slowed in traffic and she jumped out of the car and began screaming for help. The abductor drove off and she called her father to pick her up. They reported the incident to police who searched and later found her car in flames less than a mile away. The car was destroyed.

The description of the man was similar to that of a man who abducted 2 women and sexually attacked them in a Glen Burnie shopping center parking lot in 1969. He was white, about 30 yrs old, medium length brown hair and about 5 ft 10 in tall, with a medium build.

From The Capital, 16 Dec 1970

That's 4 women attacked, one killed in 1969-70 all abducted from the same area.

It sounds as though there was a serial rapist/abductor in the area who escalated to murder. He either lived in the area and walked home after his crimes or stashed a car nearby.
This incident reminded me the Kathleen Johns one with the Zodiac Killer

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbieP