MD MD - Pamela Conyers, 16, Glen Burnie, 16 Oct 1970

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Pamela Lynn Conyers

Connyers200.jpg

On October 20, 1970, the body of PAMELA LYNN CONYERS was discovered in a wooded area located between the eastbound and westbound lanes of Maryland Route 177 extended, which at the time was under construction (currently Route 100 near the Waterford Road/Route 648 overpass).

PAMELA LYNN CONYERS was a white female, 16 years of age, 5' 2" tall, weighing approximately 105 pounds. On October 16, 1970, Pamela attended the homecoming bonfire/pep rally at Glen Burnie High School. Later that evening, Pamela drove her family's 1967 Dodge Monaco to the Harundale Mall in Glen Burnie, Maryland. This is the last place that Pamela was seen alive.

LINK:
Pamela Lynn Conyers | Anne Arundel County, MD

Harundale Mall (on the site of what is now known as "Harundale Plaza") was the first enclosed shopping mall on the East Coast in the 20th century..

LINK:
Harundale Mall - Wikipedia

March 10 2023 rbbm.
BY ROHAN MATTU

''BALTIMORE -- Anne Arundel County Police will join federal officials on Friday to announce a development in a cold case murder that happened over 50 years ago.
The announcement will be streamed live at 11 a.m. on CBS News Baltimore in the player above.

On October 16, 1970, 16-year-old Pamela Lynn Conyers attended a bonfire and pep rally at Glen Burnie High School, according to police cold case files. That night, she drove her family car to the Harundale Mall in Glen Burnie, which was the last place she was seen alive.''
conyers-fw.png
Pamela Lynn Conyers, 16 ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY POLICE
''Her body was found four days later in a wooded median of Maryland Route 177 near Millersville. Her cause of death was trauma to the upper body and the manner was ruled a homicide, police said.

The area Conyers' body was found was under construction at the time, and is now Route 100 near the Waterford Road/Route 648 overpass.

FBI officials and County Executive Steuart Pittman will join police Friday to announce the update at 11 a.m. from the AACPD headquarters in Millersville.

The nature of the announcement was not immediately clear. This is a developing story and will be updated. ''

I haven't heard the guy's name yet. He was identified through genetic genealogy. Had been arrested back in the 70's for drunk and disorderly, etc. but never for a violent crime

Local FBI agents worked on it.

No connection to Cathy Seznik - the nun who was murdered.

Has anyone found a live feed yet?

In this link:

I haven't heard the guy's name yet. He was identified through genetic genealogy. Had been arrested back in the 70's for drunk and disorderly, etc. but never for a violent crime

Local FBI agents worked on it.

No connection to Cathy Seznik - the nun who was murdered.
He might not be connected to Sister Cathy Cesnik, but I'll be interested to see whether they'll link him to Joyce or any others in the future. His DNA is in CODIS, that's really important.

Sleep well, Pamela. At least your loved ones have at least one fewer questions, now.

Williams' obituary from 2018

He was in assisted living. He had a passion for the Dallas Cowboys, hunting, fishing and NASCAR #48

He might not be connected to Sister Cathy Cesnik, but I'll be interested to see whether they'll link him to Joyce or any others in the future. His DNA is in CODIS, that's really important.

Sleep well, Pamela. At least your loved ones have at least one fewer questions, now.

Yes, there were several other attempted kidnappings, rapes, etc. in that area in 1970.

According to his obituary, he was born around 1950, making him about 20 when he murdered Pamela. Though he was living in central Virginia when he passed, it sounds like he was living in the Glen Burnie area when he murdered Pam.

ETA: Tried to post this, but it didn't take. According to Ancestry.com, he was born in 1951, which would have made him around 19 when he murdered Pam.

Lived in the area outside of Baltimore, MD up until the mid 1990's, when he moved to the central part of Virginia. I didn't find any school yearbook information for him yet. I'm just curious if he attended the same high school as Pam. Was he familiar with her or was it a random stalking and attack?

Last edited:
rbbm
''Investigators don't believe Williams ever had contact with Conyers before her murder. He moved to Anne Arundel County from Virginia in his teen years but went to Northeast High School in Pasadena.

Police shared booking photos of Williams from when he was arrested a few times in the early 70s, but for nothing "major" or violent, police said.

Detectives have not ruled out that another person or people were involved in Conyers' death. The investigation remains open and ongoing.

Now that the suspect has been identified, police ask anyone with information in the murder to call AACPD at 410-222-4731.''

Might poke through some of these cold cases..

Last edited:
rbbm
''Investigators don't believe Williams ever had contact with Conyers before her murder. He moved to Anne Arundel County from Virginia in his teen years but went to Northeast High School in Pasadena.

Police shared booking photos of Williams from when he was arrested a few times in the early 70s, but for nothing "major" or violent, police said.

Detectives have not ruled out that another person or people were involved in Conyers' death. The investigation remains open and ongoing.

Now that the suspect has been identified, police ask anyone with information in the murder to call AACPD at 410-222-4731.''

Might poke through some of these cold cases..

Pasadena, MD and Glen Burnie are close, downtown areas are about 6 miles apart. He was probably stalking young women at the Mall parking lot. It was likely a location where he felt comfortable

Has anyone found a live feed yet?
I still think at least one other person was involved in this murder. RIP, Pam. You were such a nice girl. I'm sure that it destroyed her family. Parabon Labs and geneaology mapping is amazing. It is also amazing the the detectives had the foresight to take such care in preserving the evidence way before they ever knew that it could be used in the future. It's just too bad the suspect passed away. I wonder if he confided in anyone. He actually has two children. One may have been an infant when this happened. I hope that, now that he has been identified, there will be people who remember him.

I still think at least one other person was involved in this murder. RIP, Pam. You were such a nice girl. I'm sure that it destroyed her family. Parabon Labs and geneaology mapping is amazing. It is also amazing the the detectives had the foresight to take such care in preserving the evidence way before they ever knew that it could be used in the future. It's just too bad the suspect passed away. I wonder if he confided in anyone. He actually has two children. One may have been an infant when this happened. I hope that, now that he has been identified, there will be people who remember him.

Yes, I hope her family and friends can find some peace with this information. LE mentioned that they thought Williams had an accomplice, so you're right. That's why they're asking the public for tips. Seems like they think this news will get former classmates talking and someone will remember who Williams used to hang around with, anything he did or said, etc.

ETA: I also hope this means more LE process any DNA they have to solve more of these cold cases.

Last edited:
Pasadena, MD and Glen Burnie are close, downtown areas are about 6 miles apart. He was probably stalking young women at the Mall parking lot. It was likely a location where he felt comfortable

I wonder if there is anyone local who could do a Google Maps and show the crime scene of where the car was found and where Pam was found. The suspect lived in that area. So, I was wondering if he was close enough to walk home or if he had an accomplice give him a ride.

JMO.

I wonder if there is anyone local who could do a Google Maps and show the crime scene of where the car was found and where Pam was found. The suspect lived in that area. So, I was wondering if he was close enough to walk home or if he had an accomplice give him a ride.

JMO.
Since LE said they think another person was involved, its possible he did get someone to give him a ride, but not from the Mall parking lot. Since her body was found some distance away, I assume he either
  • drove her car elsewhere to assault and murder her, then dumped her body at the highway construction area - then had someone pick him up
  • he killed her at the mall parking lot and drove her car to dump her at the construction area - then had someone pick him up
  • if he used his own or someone else's vehicle to kidnap her, he wouldn't have needed to abandon her car elsewhere

Since LE said they think another person was involved, its possible he did get someone to give him a ride, but not from the Mall parking lot. Since her body was found some distance away, I assume he either
  • drove her car elsewhere to assault and murder her, then dumped her body at the highway construction area - then had someone pick him up
  • he killed her at the mall parking lot and drove her car to dump her at the construction area - then had someone pick him up
  • if he used his own or someone else's vehicle to kidnap her, he wouldn't have needed to abandon her car elsewhere
I think that I figured out the general area where she was found by using the information off of the AA County Cold Case website and Google Maps. I am going to now do a Mapquest with a few of his past addresses to see if those were within walking distance.

I figured that she was in a rush to get to the Mall before it closed. She left at 8:30 p.m., and the Mall probably closed at 9 p.m. I don't know the location of Thom McCann's, but it may have had a side entrance (to the Mall) that she could have used to run in to get the shoe dye. She did in fact buy the dye according to a store clerk.

If she used a secluded, side entrance (if there was one), this could have been one of those unfortunate things where she was quickly forced into her car when nobody else was around and made to drive down to the Pasadena area, which he knew very well since he lived in that area and had gone to school in that area.

I believe that he made her drive there (or he could have knocked her out and driven the car down there himself like the Kelsey Smith/Edwin Hall case). He then raped and strangled her, drove her car to the wooded median and dumped her and abandoned the car.

I believe that her purse, keys and underwear were not found. I do believe that there are others who know some information. I think that he had at least one infant at the time of this murder. I don't know if he was with the mother or not. If he was, I wonder what she knows. I hope that she has been forthcoming. I imagine, now that they have a name, the police have talked to relatives and friends. I am still amazed at how genealogy mapping can assist in solving these old cases.

It seems that FCW remained in Maryland at least until the 1990's as I found where he had a citation for fishing without a license. You can check here: https://casesearch.courts.state.md.us/casesearch/processDisclaimer.jis?disclaimer=Y

JMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarbieP