PA PA - Economy Borough, Beaver Co, WhtFem 40-80, UP13338, embalmed head, gray hair, Dec'14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The funeral director I spoke with said they never use red balls, they have eye caps for that purpose. I looked them up, they look like giant contact lenses.

So, just spitballin’ ideas here….she looked like she was prepared for a viewing. She had red balls in her eye sockets, which a funeral director would not do. And of course, no one views just a head. No one has identified her, even though we have clear images.So, using Occam’s razor to get the simplest explanation that satisfies all known facts, here goes….1) She looks like she was prepared for a viewing because she was in fact viewed. 2) An unscrupulous person or people after the viewing removed her head from her body and the eyes from her head, to sell them. 3) The eyes were sold, but for some reason the head wasn’t. 4) It was discarded by the road where it was later found. 5) No one is looking for her because she was cremated, and any relatives assumed the head also was.

Anyone want to shoot holes in this, or have suggestions?
Good to know about the eye caps.

If she was embalmed, though, and a viewing took place a few days after her death, I think the eyes would be useless in the black market as the link above says the corneas deteriorate in 24 hours, plus the effect of the embalming fluid.

Good to know about the eye caps.

If she was embalmed, though, and a viewing took place a few days after her death, I think the eyes would be useless in the black market as the link above says the corneas deteriorate in 24 hours, plus the effect of the embalming fluid.
Yep. Maybe the corneas were discarded as well. Who knows…..

Why haven't they extracted DNA from her teeth? It's not an easy process, but doable.

Thanks Magnum for the info on the eye caps; I had come across that info too. It further reinforces the demented nature of someone who would place rubber balls where eyes were. This type of desecration of earthly remains is beyond repulsive and deviant.

Amateur opinion and speculation

The news article cited above suggests that, because it seems a lot of care was taken to disarticulate the skull from the spinal column, the goal might have been to get at her vertebrae. Not sure how much I buy that though, because it's not TOO difficult to remove the vertebral column from the back without disconnecting the head.
I have no idea why the head would be discarded or have rubber balls for eyes. If they were trying to impede ID why not just remove the eyes and leave it like that...
I'm actually doing a week at a funeral home next week to learn how to embalm. I'll ask if theres any situation where they would use a rubber ball (but I'm suspecting they'll say "wtf no")
Ok how totally interesting. Will be fascinated by what you learn! Hope you will post about it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back