PA PA - Economy Borough, Beaver Co, WhtFem 40-80, UP13338, embalmed head, gray hair, Dec'14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
News article: Still no DNA, not for lack of trying by the DNA testing companies. Two Netflix shows will feature Jane Doe's case on their programs.

Severed head brings 2 Netflix shows to Beaver County

Not sure if it's okay to link to the article I found about the suicide; the victim's name and place of residence aren't listed in it. Wondering if he was asked to voluntarily come in for questioning and committed suicide before the interview could take place, or whether he only came to LE's attention after his suicide and maybe something was left behind that indicated a possible connection to Jane Doe's case. From the chief's phrasing it sounds more like the former, JMO.
I wonder what info they had on this guy.

Also, here's the map I compiled relating to Beaver Jane Doe. I put the isotope analysis findings, some major/minor roads leading to Economy, and some of my conjecture about where she could have passed away onto it. I put descriptions for my conjecture to explain my reasoning. Please tell me if there's anything you want me to add or remove!

2014 Beaver Doe - An Attempt to Compile Information - Google My Maps

(Made w/ Google My Maps)
This is a great map thank you for making it. Oh and did you ever hear anything from the Enonomy police?

This is a great map thank you for making it. Oh and did you ever hear anything from the Enonomy police?
Nope, though I recognize now it was probably really weird to send that sort of stuff in. I have no clue how an amateur would even begin to approach suggesting potential identities for his case, honestly, considering that the odds of Economy Doe being listed as missed are very, very low. Still one of the most baffling cases I've ever seen...

From the link above, I’m not sure if this was new or not but I thought it was interesting.

“They were counting on DNA to help identify her.

“We had teeth, bone, hair, everything was sent to multiple labs to try to identify who this person might have been but the embalming was so perfect that you can’t get any DNA from any part,” said Beaver County district attorney Dave Lozier.”

From the link above, I’m not sure if this was new or not but I thought it was interesting.

“They were counting on DNA to help identify her.

“We had teeth, bone, hair, everything was sent to multiple labs to try to identify who this person might have been but the embalming was so perfect that you can’t get any DNA from any part,” said Beaver County district attorney Dave Lozier.”
Wondering if they could get DNA from the peculiar little red rubber balls in the eye sockets? rbbm.
1667508201481.png
''But why fill the empty sockets with the red balls? Using cotton to fill the space is cheaper. Red rubber balls, these marked CHINA, “are not used in either the funeral profession or in organ donor networks,” said Kevin Moran, an embalming instructor at the American Academy McAllister Institute of Funeral Service in New York.

“In my 40 years of doing this, I have never seen that,” he said.

The use of caps in Jane Doe’s eye sockets was “very professional,” Moran said. “And yet part of it is the rubber balls you get with a ball-and-jacks set. It doesn’t make sense.”

The situation also perplexes detective Gall, who hasn’t ruled out another scenario. “Prove to me it’s not a homicide – that she was alive and someone killed her and played with that body,” he said, “including putting the red eyeballs in there.”

$10,000 Anonymous Reward Expires Sunday, 18 December 2022

Last edited:
No idea if there is a connection or not, noting just in case, fwiw..
Jan 2 2023
''MEXICO CITY — Authorities in central Mexico said Friday they found a strange holiday-season package at a local airport: Four human skulls being shipped to the United States.''

''The box was being sent from the southern city of Apaztingan, in Michoacan state, to an address in Manning, South Carolina.
When the Guard officers opened the box, they found four human skulls wrapped in plastic and aluminum foil.''

1672672188088.png

Four human skulls wrapped in plastic and aluminum foil are detected by X-ray equipment during an inspection by the National Guard inside a package bound for the United States at a courier company located at the Queretaro Intercontinental airport, in Queretaro, Mexico in this photo distributed on December 30, 2022. PHOTO BY MEXICO'S GUARDIA NACIONAL /Handout via REUTERS
1672672133655.png

No idea if there is a connection or not, noting just in case, fwiw..
Jan 2 2023
''MEXICO CITY — Authorities in central Mexico said Friday they found a strange holiday-season package at a local airport: Four human skulls being shipped to the United States.''

''The box was being sent from the southern city of Apaztingan, in Michoacan state, to an address in Manning, South Carolina.
When the Guard officers opened the box, they found four human skulls wrapped in plastic and aluminum foil.''

View attachment 391669

Four human skulls wrapped in plastic and aluminum foil are detected by X-ray equipment during an inspection by the National Guard inside a package bound for the United States at a courier company located at the Queretaro Intercontinental airport, in Queretaro, Mexico in this photo distributed on December 30, 2022. PHOTO BY MEXICO'S GUARDIA NACIONAL /Handout via REUTERS
View attachment 391667

This might need it's own thread???

WOW!

This might need it's own thread???

WOW!
Took your suggestion!

Noting..
June 15, 2023
SCRANTON, PA. -
''A former manager at the Harvard Medical School morgue, his wife and three other people have been indicted in the theft and sale of human body parts, federal prosecutors in Pennsylvania announced Wednesday.
Cedric Lodge, 55, of Goffstown, New Hampshire, stole dissected portions of cadavers that were donated to the school in the scheme that stretched from 2018 to early 2023, according to court documents. The body parts were taken without the school's knowledge or permission, authorities said, adding that the school has cooperated with the investigation.
Lodge sometimes took the body parts -- which included heads, brains, skin and bones -- back to his home where he lived with his wife, Denise, 63, and some remains were sent to buyers through the mail, authorities said. Lodge also allegedly allowed buyers to come to the morgue to pick what remains they wanted to buy.''

Could the eyes have been removed to hinder identification? If the person who removed the head in the first place "has knowledge of anatomy" they certainly could have removed the eyes. Just a thought, since it seems like there's a lot of emphasis being put on the fact that this woman could have been an organ donor.

Then again, why leave a head laying around by a road?
Possibly. Maybe she had a distinctive feature in her eyes, like heterochromia (different color eyes) or a lazy eye that would easily be recognizable?

Could the eyes have been removed to hinder identification? If the person who removed the head in the first place "has knowledge of anatomy" they certainly could have removed the eyes. Just a thought, since it seems like there's a lot of emphasis being put on the fact that this woman could have been an organ donor.

Then again, why leave a head laying around by a road?

I know this is an older post -- to me it's more likely that her eye tissue was donated after her death?

Long, long, long ago I worked for my church & had chaplaincy rotations in a small rural hospital. We were trained by the Red Cross -- the agency handling donated organs in the area -- to talk to families about talking to the Red Cross about organ donation.

iirc, I said lots of words -- but not 'organ donation.' Vague brochures with an 800 number.

The nurses thanked me the few times I needed to do this -- apparently when a chaplain isn't in the building, the nurse has to handle this chat.

I know why the nurses didn't like it.

However, one family brought organ donation up to me. The daughter-in-law's brother was living thanks to a donated liver. That family had actually met 6 other people who received organs or tissue from the same individual. As their father passed, they were about to think of the 7 families they could help that night.

Today, we know a family whose daughter received a kidney donated by family after a young person took their own life.

Perhaps this lady's eyes still benefit other people?

jmho ymmv lrr

are eyes generally preserved during embalming? I was under the impression that cadaver eyes are basically glorified fluid sacs that are a pain in the behonkus to preserve long-term, which is why funeral homes use short-term closed-eye plastic caps to preserve shape for the viewing and animal taxidermists generally use glass or resin replicas.

IMO, this woman's identity is not going to be found on any missing persons report, website or database. She was embalmed (her head was, I'm assuming the rest of her was, too). Her hair was styled. She had been prepped for a viewing, if not a full funeral. She may have donated her body to science. That wouldn't preclude her family/loved ones from having a viewing to pay last respects.

Whatever happened to her that led to her head being found in Economy happened after her family had said good-bye. And therein lies the mystery. Again, JMO and, of course, I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chloerock
Back