MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm thinking along the same lines. It is possible she opened the door to someone and was taken by surprise, but LE is stating no evidence of anything looking amiss in the apartment which leaves me wondering. I'm thinking along the lines of she was taken from the apartment and she did not willingly leave the building or her sisters apartment.

jmo

How about, similar to Jonathan Foster, PB knew the person well enough that her good manners and trusting nature would have allowed the person to put PB in danger before she realized she was in danger? And then it was too late. As in, the person had been there a few times, had dinner there, partied, etc. Or even was someone PB had friended on MS or FB. Person says they left a coat or cell phone or whatever at the house the night before. She lets the person in, and the is taken from the apartment.

Ugh, now we have one media report saying she left without money or her emergency credit card and another saying she was last seen with her purse? :banghead:

Interesting, eh? Her money and credit card were found in the house. Her purse was not found, so it is assumed she took it with her. Without money.

ETA, could it be that whoever took PB, took PB's purse, to make it seem like she had left on her own, not realizing that PB had money/CC stashed elsewhere?

Great post, good thinking. I bolded the part above about the electronic communication. That's what stands out to me, as well. Not knowing if LE has gotten phone records, and if those phone records have revealed anything... On the Peas in Their Pods interview, a woman gave JS information about getting phone records (PB's) herself, instead of waiting for LE. Wonder if she did that.
The only knowledge we have of who was in that apartment is from DB and MJ themselves. MJ and DB say MJ left at 1:30. JS says DB told her MJ texted DB at 5, too. But that has never been confirmed by LE/MSM. I know LE has interviewed them repeatedly. But LE has not said they have alibis or external verification that they were where they said. I guess they could use cell phone pings?
I have to go back to the bit of info about PB speaking with her sister (CS or SS, mom's oldest daughter) on Monday night. After PB went missing, CS/SS revealed that PB felt uncomfortable with the men there, that someone hit on her and she turned him down. This was Monday night, right before she went missing. I ask again, who was the guy who hit on her and made her uncomfortable?
who was the guy who hit on her and made her uncomfortable?

I am interested in who this person was and the circumstances too.

How about, similar to Jonathan Foster, PB knew the person well enough that her good manners and trusting nature would have allowed the person to put PB in danger before she realized she was in danger? And then it was too late. As in, the person had been there a few times, had dinner there, partied, etc. Or even was someone PB had friended on MS or FB. Person says they left a coat or cell phone or whatever at the house the night before. She lets the person in, and the is taken from the apartment.

Still on the same page. :rocker:

A few other thoughts.... IF PB was up until the wee hours of the morning why hasn't anyone said we were up until? Or X went to sleep at, Y went to sleep at and PB was still up when we went to sleep? If she was up, there would be evidence of some electronic activity the night prior to or the early morning hours she went missing. Even if the music wasn't loud, the style apartment building has thin walls. SOMEONE would have heard guests at a neighbors until a certain time. What time did the guests leave the night before she went missing?

God forbid - while thinking of this case I am recalling a case where an older sister allowed her younger sibling to experiment with alcohol. IIRC the sisters bf was daring the younger child to drink a lot of whiskey... they couldn't wake him, tried putting him in the shower but still couldn't wake him. And then put the sibling to bed with his friend? who stayed overnight or someone who was there allowing the friend to sleep through the night with this deceased sibling. COD was alcohol poisoning.... but I can't recall where, when or more details.... I can't shake the feeling something happened to Phylicia IN that apartment and not something PB did intentionally or recklessly. The question is did DB know about it or not? Or was it something MJ knows about and is covering.. along with some of his buddies.

JMO

I haven't seen any info on this... but forgive me if it's been asked/answered...

Where is Phylicia's phone?

If it's with her or missing from the apt why hasn't it been pinged?

Or was it included in the items she left behind at the apartment?

I haven't seen any info on this... but forgive me if it's been asked/answered...

Where is Phylicia's phone?

If it's with her or missing from the apt why hasn't it been pinged?

Or was it included in the items she left behind at the apartment?

It was not left behind. The police spokesperson has stated that it is "off" because calls are immediately going to voicemail.

So it is either off or the battery has died.

Now I'm wondering where it last pinged from.... (they can get that info... I've seen it in many other cases....)

I don't believe she would go anywhere without her phone, not even for a minute. But if she was carried out of the building, how was this not seen by anyone? Are there back doors, stairwells, etc. and anything missing from apartment that could have been used to carry her out without attracting extra attention?

Was disillusioned about Phylicia's story on NG in relation to the length of her segment compared to the other segment that was on for over 45 min. Personally, I feel that the other segment could have been completed in the first 30 min. with the last 30 designated to Phylicia. The only good thing is that NG just stated to Phylicia's Mom, to join her tomorrow night (on her show).

Sadly, I don't think Phylicia will be found by getting national attention. Whatever happened to her happened via someone who came into that apartment, invited or as a guest of someone else, and I think (hope) LE knows that. I do not believe at all that someone entirely strange to the group happened to find his way into that apartment in the time that P may have been left alone sleeping on the couch. It is too unbelievable. I do not believe that P's sisters know anything, but someone who was in their home does.

I know that this is leaning towards abduction right now but what if she ODed on alcohol & they covered it up and disposed of her so they wouldn't get in trouble?

Sadly, I don't think Phylicia will be found by getting national attention. Whatever happened to her happened via someone who came into that apartment, invited or as a guest of someone else, and I think (hope) LE knows that. I do not believe at all that someone entirely strange to the group happened to find his way into that apartment in the time that P may have been left alone sleeping on the couch. It is too unbelievable. I do not believe that P's sisters know anything, but someone who was in their home does.

I agree. Though, I do think national media may help the responsible party or those with info on the responsible party 'fold'.

jmo

It is my feeling that something happened to PB while MJ was inside of the apt. It's tough to say if it was in the middle of the morning or later on after DB went to work. I say this due to his behavior and he was the only one who was reporting PB's activity for the day in question. He also mentions 1:30 quite often. This leads me to believe it was around that time frame that this situation hit it's highest of heights.

I'm trying to give DB the benefit of the doubt that, she trusted MJ enough to leave PB alone in the apt. DB may have believed what MJ was reporting (until) she returned home from work, is when she put 2n2 together that something was seriously wrong.

Once she discovered something was wrong, I'm certain she attempted to grill her boyfriend MJ is (why) she waited so long to call PB's mother. I think DB was trying to get answers from MJ and discovered his side of the story wasn't adding up.

DB and MJ, along with certain other individuals are keeping their FB/twitter sites etc..on lock down and are low keyed/tight lipped. It is my belief that due to how close MJ is with some of his family members, he had assistance in relocating PB. I think it's logical to focus on the last person who actually saw PB, then, move outward to other individuals. I think most people who went in and out of the apt were mainly family members and some close knit friends. 9 out of 10, one of MJ's family members (probably) showed interest in PB. Remember that, most of the guys loved to smoke and drink (which at times) can make a person's behavior bold.

Short air-time on NG

I don't have cable or working computer speakers. Can someone summarize what was discussed on NG regarding Phylicia's case?

tia

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwanyin2#