MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mods is it okay to just post the facebook group link. Thanks

Raw interview with Janice Sallis
http://www.wbtv.com/global/category...o=default&clipId=5445822&flvUri&partnerclipid

I was on the phone when you were posting. Yes it is ok to put up the links. You can repost your post, but please paraphrase the comments from FB. I found them, but didn't want to 'steal' your post so was waiting for you to repost so we can further discuss.

TY and :welcome: to WS! glad to have you here and glad to have your interest in Phylicia's case.

Not that it matters, but does PB's mom have a nose piercing?

It looks like it. FWIW, I don't think nose peircings are particularly 'shocking' or socially bizzare. I think they are currently as acceptable as pierced ears when a small diamond or stone is worn. It's the odd lip, tongue huge holes in the ears or huge nose rings which are, imo, a bit less than conservative.

Also, PB's mom is, imo, beautiful- like mother like daughter. Both beautiful.
My heart is breaking for her and PB.

It looks like it. FWIW, I don't think nose peircings are particularly 'shocking' or socially bizzare. I think they are currently as acceptable as pierced ears when a small diamond or stone is worn. It's the odd lip, tongue huge holes in the ears or huge nose rings which are, imo, a bit less than conservative.

Also, PB's mom is, imo, beautiful- like mother like daughter. Both beautiful.
My heart is breaking for her and PB.

I agree they are both beautiful. Gorgeous, in fact. The reason for my observation is that now that I see mom has a nose piercing, then the tattoo isn't as shocking to me. Perhaps "body modification," for lack of a better term, was and is okay with mom. Doesn't mean she is any less strict - just that in that particular arena, mom doesn't have issues with it.

I thought the same. If PB's mother is credible with her account of the disciplined parenting style she instilled on PB I'm flabbergasted she would allow her daughter to get a tattoo. So something is not right here. I doubt PB would get a tat and keep it hidden from her mother, so perhaps her mother is overstating some of what she is publically stating.

No one is perfect, no teenager is perfect. A bit OT but I attended Catholic school through 8th grade. I was pretty wild in HS (and a little in Junior High) but I knew my boundaries and didn't cross them- my parents instilled the fear of God in me about limits. However, I wasn't so sheltered that by the time I got to college a lot of what the sheltered kids were doing was old news to me. (and some of their naivety (sp?) was rather humurous- especially the girls that went to all girls Catholic HS's).

I can completely see PB being more relaxed on her vacation AND feeling safe that she was already 'at home' so she could have kicked back a bit and trusted the wrong person? After all, what reason would an almost 17 yr old have to be concerned over persons she was introduced to by her older sibling? Most wouldn't and if they did, they likely would not have to the extent of what may have happened to PB. I'm gonna bet DB too may have missed signs of someone MJ knew who wasn't fully on the up and up. Guys stick together like that and it is possible MJ told one of the 8 he was gonna be moving the following day. What if MJ asked a few of his buddies to help move, some did, some said they could not but showed up the following day after a time for which they knew MJ wouldn't be there?

IF MJ is truly not involved he might have had yellow flags about a buddy of his.

JMO

What strikes me most is that PB was about to graduate at almost 17 and was in the process of applying to colleges. That's younger than most girls. So, on one hand I can see her wanting to try to "fit in" with older peers, which would leave her vulnerable. On the other hand, I can also understand why her mom was trying to "let the leash out slowly," so to speak, because she was applying, IIRC, to universities and colleges out of state.

Then add in her adoration of her older sister(s), big city life, away from her parents, and a seemingly willing attitude to try some marijuana/drinks - well, that created the perfect storm, IMHO.

Just like Kyron - how does someone vanish virtually out of thin air? SOMEONE knows something!

Well last night on the FB group "Find Phylicia Barnes" http://www.facebook.com/search.php?k=100000080&id=1104751352#!/home.php?sk=group_145063415548417, three ladies messaged Dee Barnes and questioned her on the case. DB responded and says she is just focused on praying and sending out fliers and searching. When asked about the investigation she says PB mother JS is more concerned with bashing DB than finding her daughter. DB says they also contacted Nancy Grace but when they saw JS on there blaming DB they decided not to go that route. DB says they are up to 10,000 dollars for any info that leads to the recovery of her sister.

One lady messaged DB and asked why not take a lie detector test?
DB says she has been asking about lie detector tests but doesnt think they can use them in court. But she says they did em for Hailey Dunn and she wants to take one. She wants everyone involved to take one.

She was asked why did you leave your sister with MJ?
And she says she didn't know her ex was there until after she was at work. He was moving out...

DB gives a recount of what happened that day:
DB responded that she talked to her sister both on the phone and through text while at work up until 12:23p. KB was supposed to pick her up and never heard from PB. DB says that MJ told her that PB was asleep at 1:04p. DB then got home at 6p and found PB gone. She thought that PB woke up and called KB to come get her.

DB called PB to see if that's what happened, but PB phone was going straight to voicemail. DB called KB to see if she was with her and she was not so she called her brother BB. PB wasn't with BB, she was freaking out then called MJ to see if he picked her up to chill but MJ did not respond for about an hour. So DB called her Uncle and her Dad freaking out and called the police.

Dee was asked why doesnt she suspect her bf MJ:
She starts talking about her relationship with MJ and says they were over for a long time, but it was comfortable so they stayed together anyway. She wanted to leave but but was scared to be alone and start over. She says 10yrs is a long time to be with someone.

http://www.facebook.com/search.php?k=100000080&id=1104751352#!/home.php?sk=group_145063415548417

She further explains that MJ was moving out at the time and didnt know MJ was at the house that morning until PB and her were talking on the phone about her getting her hair done,she was ordering PB some Neutrogena Skin ID for her face. She had PB doing a skin evaluation online and contacting a girl about her hair on FB. PB told DB that MJ was there when she talked to her on the phone.

All of this can be found at this link http://www.facebook.com/search.php?k=100000080&id=1104751352#!/home.php?sk=group_145063415548417 under the first post.

Did anyone ever figure out which MJ he is - as far as background searches?

Now I'm confused. DB didn't know MJ was there on Tuesday until PB told her so at 12:23pm but she, he and a group of people socialized/partied together Monday evening and there was no discussion about when he was to return to the apartment to move his things out? He just did so at the spur of the moment on Tuesday?

When did DB find out from MJ PB was asleep at 1:04pm? Did she find this out at 1:04pm from MJ or did MJ tell DB after she arrived home from work?

What led DB to believe KB was going to come get PB?

"and contacting a girl about a hair appointment on FB" Who did PB contact about a hair cut/style on FB? Why would someone contact another person about a hair cut through FB? I've never heard of contacting someone about getting their hair done through FB. Seems like such an odd way of making contact for a hair appointment unless this salon has a FB page for their business? Has LE uncovered who the 'FB Hairstylist' is?

IF a 'FB hairstylist' exists, surely LE has discovered and verified who that might be.

Also from above: 'KB was supposed to pick her up and never heard from PB'. If KB never heard from PB why weren't KB and PB concerned prior to DB's arriving home? Wouldn't the last time of contact at 12:23 if no one could reach PB after 12:23 be of concern?

Gosh, now we have a 'FB hairstylist' thrown into the mix. A group of people who socialized together Monday evening and had no idea of each others plans for the following day. A couple who knew each other for 10 years but did not give each other the curtesy of notifying the other party when they planned to arrive to move?
A family who chooses not to utilize a chance to appear on Nancy Grace to clarify their side of the story and any inaccuracies portrayed by a family member states away. An alleged 10,000 reward that has not been made public in the media?

Very very hinky.

DB and MJ's account of the time line that day aren't jiving..... my hinky meter is up on this one. Is it appearing to anyone besides myself DB is trying to distance herself from MJ and the events of that day? Hmmmmmm

Also from Natlocks post #488:

Dee was asked why doesnt she suspect her bf MJ:
She starts talking about her relationship with MJ and says they were over for a long time, but it was comfortable so they stayed together anyway. She wanted to leave but but was scared to be alone and start over. She says 10yrs is a long time to be with someone.

Hmmm.. note how DB does not directly answer the question but answers with something not asked of her.

Why isn't DB asking MJ the tough questions and why isn't she being direct and clear with her answers?

Additional thought. We have concluded the type of hair styling PB would be seeking would require a min of 2 hours. Yet, she was just FB messaging at 12:23 in the afternoon about getting her hair done that same afternoon?

So we are to believe PB first started making contact with someone on FB to get her hair done sometime between 11:30-12:30 Tuesday - and within a short amount of time her half sister KB was to pick PB for a haircut? NO one can reach PB about the just made afternoon plans and NO ONE becomes concerned about this until after DB arrives home? That makes no bloody sense!

IF MJ notified DB at 1:04 pm PB was sleeping, how long had he been there? If he was moving out he wasn't in and out in minutes. At what time did he leave the apartment?

DB is either not going to let her mind go to a place MJ could be responsible or she is covering for him. The guilt DB is feeling must be tremendous if she isn't willing to give a straight answer on her why she does not suspect MJ having knowledge or involvement in PB's disappearance.

JMO

Was a friend going to do her hair, rather than a salon? That would not require much advance scheduling and she might go on FB to ask what time was good.

Was a friend going to do her hair, rather than a salon? That would not require much advance scheduling and she might go on FB to ask what time was good.

Could be, but if this hairstylist was a friend, why didn't DB or KB contact the friend who does hair to inquire if he or she stopped by to pick up PB?
PB would have had to arrive at hair dressers somehow. I wonder if MJ said he would bring PB to hairdressers? He was there when DB and PB were discussing getting her hair done. There is likely no reason for PB to be scared of getting into a car with MJ to take her to the hairdressers. Maybe it was a last minute thing... MJ offered to take PB to get her hair done due to a short advanced notice on the hair and PB planned to let KB know on the way but was unable to.....

If so then Hairdresser would know PB was expected but never arrived and DB or someeone would have said so.

Was there a hairdresser who expected PB that afternoon?

but if she was going to get her hair done, why leave her purse and money at the apartment? Unless MJ offered to pay for her hair getting done?

Maybe MJ convinced her to leave the purse and money behind and just carry cash in her pocket or he'd pay due to it being a rough neighborhood?

Everything keeps pointing back to MJ - unless MJ can account for his time that afternoon.

jmo

Does anyone know if LE has processed MJ's car? Does he have a car or is this an area that people can rely on public transportation and not own a car?

tia

Wow. The Find PB FB page just blew the roof off of all of this, for me. I'm still trying to catch up...

But, about the hair and facebook. The actual words used by the person alleged to be DB is crucial. She says something about hitting up the girl about her hair on FB. That means, to me, that there was someone on FB that PB knew, and she wanted her hair like that, and PB needed to ask her more about the style so she could have someone help her do it.
Does that make sense?

:( Oh no.... I just looked up the age of consent laws for Maryland due to the info we have on PB telling a sister someone was hitting on her and making her uncomfortable.

The age of consent in Maryland is 16. This is the age at which a man or woman may legally consent to heterosexual sex with someone over the age of 21.

http://blog.laborlawtalk.com/2006/11/09/maryland-age-of-consent-laws/

That scares me. It means that someone pushing 30 could legally engage in consentual sex with a 16 year old. :sick: It might also explain why the male guest(s) weren't so concerned with hitting on a 16 year old. Ugh.....

gj' georgiajean, do you mind if I abbv your screen name as gj'?

I'm having a hard time reading the Find PB FB page. I'm of the gen X - a 60's baby -and that style writing is incredibly difficult for me to read. ;)

Is there any new news there within the last few hours?

Wow. The Find PB FB page just blew the roof off of all of this, for me. I'm still trying to catch up...

But, about the hair and facebook. The actual words used by the person alleged to be DB is crucial. She says something about hitting up the girl about her hair on FB. That means, to me, that there was someone on FB that PB knew, and she wanted her hair like that, and PB needed to ask her more about the style so she could have someone help her do it.
Does that make sense?

It does. So it sounds like PB was not in direct contact with a hairdresser but was in contact with someone ON FB trying to inquire who did the FB persons hair. Is that how you were reading it? If so, then how did PB communicate she found the correct hairdresser and make contact with KB to pick her up? Or did she contact KB? Or did she agree with the hairstylists customer/friend to come get her?

That communication between PB and the 'customer' is crucial. UNLESS that too was staged, but by whom if it was not PB making contact why would MJ go through such measures unless for an alibi? I mean thus far there seem to be no witness's to PB's leaving the apartment.

So now we have two possible POI's; MJ and a customer of the hairdresser/friend of this group. I assume there are some camera's on streets. Perhaps traffic camera's? I hope LE is reviewing them for MJ's car and this possible FB customer of the hairstylist.

jmo

gj' georgiajean, do you mind if I abbv your screen name as gj'?

I'm having a hard time reading the Find PB FB page. I'm of the gen X - a 60's baby -and that style writing is incredibly difficult for me to read. ;)

Is there any new news there within the last few hours?

Please feel free to abbreviate to GJ

I just let my eyes go fuzzy, and skim the text. The good stuff rises to the surface and then I read a bit more detail. lol. It's hard on the eyes, that text style, though, that's for sure. I "read" the long 293 message thread they have going there. Besides the good stuff that was posted earlier, I took this away:
Db has allegedly moved out of the apartment. I had seen this reported in the media, so it was good to see it "verified" elsewhere.

The most important thing is the person alleged to be DB clarified the timeline in a large way. This is what I have:
12:23 last text from PB
1:04 text/call w/ MJ, he says PB is asleep
6pm DB arrives home, PB is not there. She does the following:
calls PB, it goes to voicemail
calls KB to see if she picked up PB. No. This is when DB learns that PB did not pick up KB's calls, so KB did not pick her up.
calls brother BB to see if he picked her up. No.
calls MJ to see if PB is "chillin" with him. He doesn't return her call for an hour.
calls Uncle and Father.
Calls police

Does anyone know if LE has processed MJ's car? Does he have a car or is this an area that people can rely on public transportation and not own a car?

tia

I understood LE processed MJ's youngest bro's car and phone (twitter posts), so I assume they did MJ's as well.
I think LE is all over this, and is truly waiting and watching.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back