MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, not a Debbie Downer at all, that is the reality of it. I don't think the amount of the reward matters -there are too many "qualifiers" attached to them in most cases. Some require a "safe recovery", others might have a rider that you will only collect upon a conviction etc.....It is just not enough reason for someone to become involved and possibly cause problems for their own children and friends. I am not at all convinced that MJ did anything more to contribute to this then the rest of the family- I am still thinking it was stranger related and could involve a woman. PB might be more likely to get in a car or follow a young woman than a guy-if a girl shows up at my door and asks for something simple "can I use your phone?" or whatever then I am slower to go into "suspicion mode"- kwim? That would also explain the missing phone and the unlocked door. knock on the door-PB hands over her phone- girl uses phone and walks and talks her way out of view-PB goes looking for her and is overpowered.

Reward or not, I would hope the risk of the possibility of obstruction charges or accesory to murder charges would be enough to make anyone with a conscience talk. Especially if evidence uncovers such while LE is investigating this case.

I just think offering a reward which will only be paid out upon someones safe return is a waste of time. Why wouldn't they just offer the reward either way to bring her family closure? What risk is there in that, unless they are offering it with the hopes someone will miss those details? I dunno but when I realized the 25K reward was only for a safe return my stomach was immediately in nervous knots for a good 10 min or so until it settled down. :( I went from elation to utter disappointment in less than 2 seconds.

jmo

I questioned the wording of the reward from the start...do they only want to know if she is alive? That is how it reads, basically...

Did anyone outside of the little group (Sister, ex and possibly cousin) haev contact with Phylicia on that day? Wondering if something could have happened the night before...

Clu' it was actually worded that the best thing for the students attending PB's school would be PB found safely. So the determination on the terms would have been with both PB and the student body in mind, since the funds for the 25K reward came directly from funds generated for interests of the school and students versus solving a crime side - at least that is how I interpreted it. (this was in an earlier MSM article I posted when we first learnt of the 25K reward - GJ highlighted on it in a subsequent post).

MSM that I recall, has not reported anyone outside of that group spoke with PB on the day she went missing. It has been reported, she spoke with friends back home the day prior to but not the day she went missing. If she did speak with anyone outside the group on the day she went missing it has not been released to the public. This is the only MSM article I have seen which includes any statement from friends of PB's back in NC.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Reward-offered-for-missing-Monroe-teen-114789944.html

hth

Of course it is best for P to be found safe, but I am not sure I understand...the reward was worded in a way to avoid making anyone feel scared? Kind of a PC thing?

So something could have happened to P the night before, perhaps, if no one really talked to her on that day? She supposedly sent some texts, but no actual phone conversations? I can't remember.

Allegedly actual phone conversations but that comes from family and has not been confirmed from LE.

I don't think I would say the reward put up by the school is to word it so no one gets scared.... I'm sure they want to keep up hope and there are likely legal limitations? to how they can use funds designated school funds for the student body. At least that is what I am guessing because I can't think of another logical reason they would limit the reward to only a safe recovery versus simply the recovery (good or bad ending). Perhaps if PB is not found alive they wish to utilize the funds in a different way, which is ok imo as the funds are there for the entire student body, not necessarily raised solely for PB.......

Hope that makes sense and JMO. We gotta remember High Schools aren't necessarily set up for crime solving.

Nope, not a Debbie Downer at all, that is the reality of it. I don't think the amount of the reward matters -there are too many "qualifiers" attached to them in most cases. Some require a "safe recovery", others might have a rider that you will only collect upon a conviction etc.....It is just not enough reason for someone to become involved and possibly cause problems for their own children and friends. I am not at all convinced that MJ did anything more to contribute to this then the rest of the family- I am still thinking it was stranger related and could involve a woman. PB might be more likely to get in a car or follow a young woman than a guy-if a girl shows up at my door and asks for something simple "can I use your phone?" or whatever then I am slower to go into "suspicion mode"- kwim? That would also explain the missing phone and the unlocked door. knock on the door-PB hands over her phone- girl uses phone and walks and talks her way out of view-PB goes looking for her and is overpowered.

This is a very plausible scenario. You've fitted many of the facts that don't fit. It explains so much. Thanks for posting!!

bbm

I'm also in Va - about an hour from Baltimore. :seeya:

According to Weather Underground, as of today Baltimore currently has 4 inches of snow on the ground and has had 10.7 inches so far this year. I checked for the day she went missing, and there was no snow on the ground at that time, though.
Thanks for the weather info and hello!

My family had two places on the Chesapeake bay and I think it would be possible to dump her there and it would be a tough place to search :(

Allegedly actual phone conversations but that comes from family and has not been confirmed from LE.

I don't think I would say the reward put up by the school is to word it so no one gets scared.... I'm sure they want to keep up hope and there are likely legal limitations? to how they can use funds designated school funds for the student body. At least that is what I am guessing because I can't think of another logical reason they would limit the reward to only a safe recovery versus simply the recovery (good or bad ending). Perhaps if PB is not found alive they wish to utilize the funds in a different way, which is ok imo as the funds are there for the entire student body, not necessarily raised solely for PB.......

Hope that makes sense and JMO. We gotta remember High Schools aren't necessarily set up for crime solving.

The $25,000 is an odd thing, as you've talked about, Cubby, because of the purpose of the monies. It came from an annual fund raiser the school does, with the funds going toward financial support of students. I think it is in the best interests of the students to feel like they are doing something for PB. And the people in charge of the fund seemed to feel that if the money brought PB back to the school, that would be a very good use of the money. But paying out if she is dead would not be a good use of the money.

With that said, I totally agree that combining the monies (as some MSM have) to read "$35,000" is very misleading and inappropriate. As a side note, it explains a lot of the "facts" that have been bent and warped as they have been interpreted by MSM.

I think that is worth the money to find out where Phylicia is and if she is deceased, for her family to be able to bury her. Of course it is not the outcome anyone wants to think about, but if you are dealing with criminals or friends of criminals, sometimes money is a factor in getting to the truth. Just like police informants, for example.

My family had two places on the Chesapeake bay and I think it would be possible to dump her there and it would be a tough place to search :(

If they searched all the vehicles, and came up with no evidence, would it be safe to say that she wasn't transported, or is it possible to clean a vehicle enough to show no trace?

I'm running out of directions to go.
Some one (or several someones) here mentioned that this group (MJ and company) is very tight knit. Up until the split, that tightness included DB and KB. Clearly all the bros and cous are going to stick with the family. But I wonder if anyone is more likely than anyone else to come forward?

And how tight are KB and DB?

Is it possible that if a body was put into the bay, that the body might not ever be recovered? Or do bodies usually end up resurfacing somewhere, sometime?

How much un-trampled shoreline is there? Are there vast swaths that are vegetated and never see human eyes?

I'm sure it is possible to clean up a vehicle to show no trace evidence. A professional detailing inside and out might......

Though, I do not think whatever happened to PB necessarily occured within a home or vehicle. She could have been lured in a car and taken someplace else where whatever happened happened. She could have been lured away under the pretense they were going to meet up with KB or other friends and something happened there.

I wonder what access this group of 12 has to any kind of warehouses, storage facilities, where do they have keys to kind of thing..... The crime scene could be elsewhere not yet uncovered. But I would not let that rule out the primary suspect and any of the group of 12.

jmo

Hi Everyone! I'm New Posting On This Board And I Have Been Following This Case And I Agree With A Earlier Post Saying That This Case Has More Twist And Turns Than A Twizzler. My Concern Is With LBC Spending The Night. I Felt In My Gut That Something Happened Overnight. How Do We Know That Phylicia Actually "Spoke" With DB That Morning To Confirm A Hair Appointment? It Is Very Possible To Send Txt Msgs And Post FB Status Without It Actually Being THAT Person. Maybe That Is Why Investigators Took MJ Computer As Evidence. I Believe That MJ Knows Exactly What Happened And He Going To End Up Making A Plea Bargain With LE. DB Is Just As Guilty And I Hope She Is Charged With Contributing To The Deliquency Of A Minor As Well As Endangering A Child Given The Conditons Of This So Called "OPEN HOUSE" And The Type Of Atmosphere PB Was In. My Prayers Go Out To JS I'm Sure She Is Just Sick With Worry. It's Sad That It Takes A certain Amount Of Money To Get A Person To Talk. Anyone That Has Information Needs To Come Forward And Give Peace TO PB's Mother. She Deserves To Know The Truth! The Vibe I'm Getting From DB's Family Is That They ALL Are Shady. Give This Mother Her Child! :banghead:

Welcome to WS FrostByte.

:wagon::welcome4:

I thought I've read somewhere that the money the school put up was time sensitive, tippers have a certain amount of time to give them clues and I believe the school will withdraw the fund eventually if the case is cold. MJ was said to be doing laundry and moving...PB said she was hungry....I think MJ asked her to lend him a hand with the boxes and then they can go pick up some food, that would explain why the dogs only traced her scent to the parking lot giving evidence that she got into a car and why PB left wearing white slipper boots, left the door unlocked and only took a purse with no money because she believed she was only making a quick run and coming right back. Also in my opinion, I strongly believe MJ have other family members involved, what have not been explained is that MJ LBC is friends with PB possibly a crush? Idk. On one of PB's social networking pages MJ LBC wrote "you should go to school up here" This explains why she planned on going to a university in MD rather then one in her hometown NC.

Hi Everyone! I'm New Posting On This Board And I Have Been Following This Case And I Agree With A Earlier Post Saying That This Case Has More Twist And Turns Than A Twizzler. My Concern Is With LBC Spending The Night. I Felt In My Gut That Something Happened Overnight. How Do We Know That Phylicia Actually "Spoke" With DB That Morning To Confirm A Hair Appointment? It Is Very Possible To Send Txt Msgs And Post FB Status Without It Actually Being THAT Person. Maybe That Is Why Investigators Took MJ Computer As Evidence. I Believe That MJ Knows Exactly What Happened And He Going To End Up Making A Plea Bargain With LE. DB Is Just As Guilty And I Hope She Is Charged With Contributing To The Deliquency Of A Minor As Well As Endangering A Child Given The Conditons Of This So Called "OPEN HOUSE" And The Type Of Atmosphere PB Was In. My Prayers Go Out To JS I'm Sure She Is Just Sick With Worry. It's Sad That It Takes A certain Amount Of Money To Get A Person To Talk. Anyone That Has Information Needs To Come Forward And Give Peace TO PB's Mother. She Deserves To Know The Truth! The Vibe I'm Getting From DB's Family Is That They ALL Are Shady. Give This Mother Her Child! :banghead:

Welcome!! Thanks for joining the conversation.

There has been no contact with PB, outside of DB/KB/MJ and Facebook, since Monday. I mean, PB spoke or texted with her sister, SS, in NC on Monday. And she Skyped with some people on Monday, iirc. not sure if she Skyped on Tuesday.
So, yes, it is possible that it was all construed, and something actually happened Monday night.
I think it is unlikely that DB was involved in a cover-up of something awful happening to PB. I really don't.

Welcome to WS Swty05.

:wagon::welcome4:

oh and the message LBC left on PB's social page was dated 2 years ago, around the time PB reconnected with DB and family. I think the others that know something is definitely plotting on the reward money but they are going to wait til it grows because there is more than 1 or 2 that knows something, I believe maybe a group of them.

Welcome!! Thanks for joining the conversation.

There has been no contact with PB, outside of DB/KB/MJ and Facebook, since Monday. I mean, PB spoke or texted with her sister, SS, in NC on Monday. And she Skyped with some people on Monday, iirc. not sure if she Skyped on Tuesday.
So, yes, it is possible that it was all construed, and something actually happened Monday night.
I think it is unlikely that DB was involved in a cover-up of something awful happening to PB. I really don't.

With an uncle who is LE I would hope none of the B family is involved in a cover up. MSM has indicated LE has stated DB is cooperating with LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Somberlicous