MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So many messages to pour through here so I might have missed this, but does anyone else think it's weird that she would "do her hair" when she was going to a hair appointment in a few hours?

No way she walked to the shopping plaza in her slipper boots if they're the kind I'm thinking of -- her feet would be freezing from having so little between her and the concrete.

I also refuse to believe someone that who was so communicative about what was going on would up and walk somewhere without texting one of the sisters to let her know what she's doing.

I also think it's odd that DB didn't think anything of not being able to reach her after the text confirming she found the pics.

Unless she went to FB herself, wouldn't she have been trying to find out exactly what the photos showed? (Is it obvious they're together--like kissing or something?) When was the photo posted? Were there any messages on MJ's or the gf's wall? I would have asked a million questions before confronting my ex about any pic.

I'm wondering if the gap in KB trying to reach PB was because she went ahead to the appointment.
If she was picking PB up 1:30-1:45, I'd guess it was for 2PM and would probably wrap up around 3PM--giving her time to check out and pay before calling DB at 3:08 PM.

But why didn't she call PB first afterward? Or go by the apt? Was it way out of the way or something? Was there some reason she thought PB might have flaked out on her? (perhaps being hung over?)

So many questions....

When I was PB's age my mom used to give me her emergency credit card when I was visiting other people out of town. I went to see my older brother in college and also sometimes my cousins. But I used to always leave it behind at the apt. on purpose, so I would not be tempted to go shopping. LOL Maybe she did the same thing.

From MSM: Police said on Tuesday that she had a debit card and a cell phone, but the card has not been used and the phone appears to have been turned off. Police also said Barnes has not updated her Facebook page since before her disappearance, which they described as unusual. http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-missing-teen-baltimore-20110104,0,2597415.story

So she could have left with the intent to do something, and got taken before she was ever able to use her card...

So many messages to pour through here so I might have missed this, but does anyone else think it's weird that she would "do her hair" when she was going to a hair appointment in a few hours?

I'm wondering if the gap in KB trying to reach PB was because she went ahead to the appointment.
If she was picking PB up 1:30-1:45, I'd guess it was for 2PM and would probably wrap up around 3PM--giving her time to check out and pay before calling DB at 3:08 PM.

But why didn't she call PB first afterward? Or go by the apt? Was it way out of the way or something? Was there some reason she thought PB might have flaked out on her? (perhaps being hung over?)

So many questions....

From what I understand, the hair appointment wasn't an actual appointment. It was a topic of discussion but not a definite plan, and also from what I gather it was not with a salon, but an individual (a friend or acquaintance) with whom they were communicating about the appointment with over FB. I believe this has all been discussed in either this or the 2nd (or maybe even the first!) thread here.

From what I understand, the hair appointment wasn't an actual appointment. It was a topic of discussion but not a definite plan, and also from what I gather it was not with a salon, but an individual (a friend or acquaintance) with whom they were communicating about the appointment with over FB. I believe this has all been discussed in either this or the 2nd (or maybe even the first!) thread here.

That is all my understanding, as well.

I've noticed with the last couple of updates, news reporters and another person stated that PB's scent stopped at the Buildings front door entry. When I picture this, it makes me believe that because of MJ having to move, someone must have drove a van/truck/vehicle up to the building front door as close as they could get it. Most men get a couple of guys or brothers to help them move.

MJ states he drops off LBC at family member house between 9-ish am. At that time, MJ had enough time to talk to his brothers who were probably all together at that same family members home. I read somewhere when one of the brothers stated (they had just finished moving). That was back in Aug or so. It seems as if they help each other when moving. So, I can see at least 2 of the brothers plus LBC would come to the aid of MJ moving. I've often seen when people pull their transportation up as close to the door as possible.

I just wonder when the brothers/LBC had to split up at some point, with only them knowing what happened, once they split up, did any of them tell any of their closest friends about what happened and/or was there anyone that saw something but won't say anything because they are close with the brothers.

I bet she would do her hair anyway, in whatever way she normally did it for the day. She was going to be hanging with her sisters, who might be dressed up from work, etc...she would want to look her best. God, this case makes me mad...I don't want to be mad at her sister but I can't help it. :(

I bet she would do her hair anyway, in whatever way she normally did it for the day. She was going to be hanging with her sisters, who might be dressed up from work, etc...she would want to look her best. God, this case makes me mad...I don't want to be mad at her sister but I can't help it. :(

I agree. She would have done her hair, because the hair appointment was just one of many possibilities of things she might do with KB that afternoon, or DB the next day or later that evening. Even if she had a set appointment, I'm betting she would have. That she was one who wanted to look her best when she went into the salon.

ETA: And yes, I find it hard not to be mad at the sisters. I keep reminding myself, though. Unless they intentionally covered something up, they are not responsible for PB's disappearance. They may have behaved poorly at the moment, but they are not to blame for someone else's vile acts.

After all of your responses to my wondering if this was a stranger abduction (thank you), I had to go back and look at things again.

Possible Scenario One: PB over-did drugs/alcohol the night of the 27th. She was asleep in the morning when DB left. And PB never woke up, and was taken out of the apartment by the people who partied with her the night of the 27th. From social networking sites, there is evidence that some of the POI's partied that night. so even though DB says it wasn't happening in the apartment, it was happening. Perhaps PB went with them. Perhaps they came to the apartment late that evening, after DB was already asleep? All of MJ's posting of PB's status, and knowledge of where she was and what she was doing could be cover up. Him trying to present to the world that she was okay. (there is a mysterious text that was mentioned, and then covered up, with MJ telling DB that PB was "up and active" around 5. What happened to that text?). (Why did KB never go check on PB?) There was no foul play, in that her over dose was not intentional. They were just partying. There are many comments via social networking on the 27th and 28th about people new to smoking, and people over doing it. In this scenario, PB is gone, and those who were involved/in-the-know are scared to death and are really really covering their behinds. They don't know what to do, because it was not on purpose. They don't know how to let everyone know what happened without getting into huge trouble.

Two: Someone "hit on" PB, sexually. PB told her sister, SS, about this. She turned the person down, and talked with other females about it. Whoever this was, was probably ticked off, and had the added diss on his reputation by having this 16 year old nobody from out of town talking about it to others. The person who hit on PB could have been MJ, or one of his many brothers or cousins who frequented the apartment and were friends of PB via social networking. On top of this, PB was involved in sleuthing MJ's GF. Argument occurred between MJ and DB. Now PB has done two things which have dissed the reputation of people in and out of that apartment. From social networking info, PB is willing to spar verbally with these people, tease them, etc. She may have said some things to MJ that pushed him over the edge. He decides to teach her a lesson. Somehow he disables her cell phone so she can't use it. Then he offers to take her to lunch. She's worried about DB/KB. So he pretends to text them from his phone, and they leave. What happens from there, I don't know. This scenario involves intentional foul play. WHY KB did not come get PB at 1:30, and WHY DB didn't worry until she got home remain mysteries.

Okay, what are your scenarios?

I just do not believe that Phylicia had any intention of leaving that apartment without her sister, even if she was hungry. If in fact she did, it would be, in my opinion, only to get away from whoever was in the apartment with her, but I still don't believe it.

Hoping this works. If not, go to the street view and look at the sidewalk/road in front of the second building.

6520 Eberle Dr, Baltimore, MD 21215 - Google Maps

Hah, it worked. Okay, so you can see how close the road is to the doorway. It would be really possible to pop a vehicle up on the curb to get close to the door, right?

If MJ indeed had to rush and move his belongings, he would indeed back in his transportation or whomever would back-in the transportation close to the front door of the building, other than using the parking lot.

Hoping this works. If not, go to the street view and look at the sidewalk/road in front of the second building.

6520 Eberle Dr, Baltimore, MD 21215 - Google Maps

Hah, it worked. Okay, so you can see how close the road is to the doorway. It would be really possible to pop a vehicle up on the curb to get close to the door, right?

If MJ indeed had to rush and move his belongings, he would indeed back in his transportation or whomever would back-in the transportation close to the front door of the building, other than using the parking lot.

That's true...his vehicle may have been right there, Phylicia rolled up in a rug or a bedspread for all we know...no one would even bat an eye if he was moving stuff all day...

I think PB was alive while exiting the apt door and front building door but was forced to not expose her presence to the public. If PB was not alive at some point in the apt, the dogs would have picked up that scent (I would think).

That's true...his vehicle may have been right there, Phylicia rolled up in a rug or a bedspread for all we know...no one would even bat an eye if he was moving stuff all day...

Agreed.

MsOh, what do you think? By viewing the map/pic on page 21 (above), that shows the building front door, side walk, curb as such a short distance from the street; would you back your transportation as close to the buildings front door as possible for moving purposes or would you park in the parking lot and carry your belongings extra further?

I think PB was alive while exiting the apt door and front building door but was forced to not expose her presence to the public. If PB was not alive at some point in the apt, the dogs would have picked up that scent (I would think).

If she were alive, then I think she was either tricked into leaving (let's go grab lunch) or she was unconscious (which is more along the lines of what I think happened).

Agreed.

He could have just asked her to help him carry some of his stuff to his car, and promised to take her through a drive thru really quickly since she said she was hungry. Then he might have taken her somewhere else entirely, met up with an accomplice even.
I don't think any neighbors would have even noticed her if she jumped right in at the curb there. IMO

<snip>

"We miss her a lot. We just want her to come home," said Barnes' aunt, Bonnie Briscoe. "And we're going to keep looking, keep doing everything we can to keep her story out there and not let people forget that she's still missing and that our family wants her back."

http://www.wbaltv.com/r/26964955/detail.html

He could have just asked her to help him carry some of his stuff to his car, and promised to take her through a drive thru really quickly since she said she was hungry. Then he might have taken her somewhere else entirely, met up with an accomplice even.
I don't think any neighbors would have even noticed her if she jumped right in at the curb there. IMO

That can very well be true. Either PB was tricked to get into a vehicle or forced. I thought about, if some arguing or disagreements did take place before MJ left, PB might have felt uncomfortable leaving the apt with MJ. If PB felt uncomfortable leaving with MJ, most likely he forced her to leave.

If no arguing took place, MJ could have asked PB to take something outside to the vehicle, wait in the vehicle for him, so he or whomever can take her to get something to eat and that he would pay. Once they leave the apt complex, PB is taken to another location.

I read an article that stated no blood splatter or anything was found in the apt (I believe).

PB's phone stop working while she and MJ were still in the apt together. That's our first clue to around the time something wrong began to happen. That happened after PB told DB that MJ was at the apt and after PB posted on FB that MJ was at the apt but MJ states that he didn't leave the apt until 1:30pm. 1:30pm or so is the time KB was due to leave work. After that, PB was not heard from again.

Whatever happened after PB was no longer able to use her phone, happened quickly. Things happen quickly when people lose their tempers or sometimes when people are running late, they begin to rush. In this case, no one has heard a word from PB (that we know of) after PB's phone stopped working and she's never been seen again (that we know of). That leads me to believe that whoever abducted PB was angry with her due to some circumstances that took place. If they were angry with PB, they definitely did not have PB's best interest at heart.

I thought I read that MJ's phone battery died while he was ther. Can anyone else remember reading that? If his phone battery died, they may have switched batteries if they had the same phone. If he had to leave and she was going to be there then she could charge her phone. This may be far fetched but just a thought. Also, if someone had been watching and knew she was there alone: the person may have been planning on assaulting her and when MJ showed up, spoiled the plan. They may have taken her to another location to assault her. This is just my opinion and thoughts of possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485