MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the NG FB comments on the announcement about tonight's show, there are a couple comments that are interesting. http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceH...et=a.159500548286.116726.56641053286&comments

One is by S.V.F., in the last 50 comments (at this time, says "2 hours ago". A theory about abduction, and about B and J families trying to get street justice on their own.

One is by J.D. Also "2 hours ago" and on the last 50 comments. Nothing new, critique of MJ, but I hadn't seen it put together this way.

Saving the best for last, M. L, in the first 50 comments (says "3 hours ago") put together a really clear theory about how it all played out, from the FB to the disposal. Used the phrase "creeped his FB page". This theory is very specific. Would really like to discuss this theory.

bbm

I think that was similar to what we had been discussing here as well. When we were discussing a large suitcase with rolling wheels or something of the like on the previous thread. This may be really close to reality. He flew into a rage, panicked, carried her out...

On another note: Whatever happened, I oftentimes get wrapped up so much in the sleuthing and 'whodunnit' that I need to step back and realize the tragedy of the situation: Phylicia is missing and is likely "gone" forever IMHO. I hope they do find her and bring justice to those responsible. :(

From what I know overnight shifts weekdays begin on Sunday night/early Mon am and end early am Friday. So the work week is basically Sun through Thurs.

LE would have already confirmed if MJ went to work Tuesday evening or not..... and where he was when he returned DB's text/call.

I think since we know he arrived at the apartment at 9am Tues am he presumably worked Mon night which would mean he was scheduled to work Tues night. He'd know the spotlight would be even greater on him if he did not show for work AND was not there searching for PB. IIRC, RB said MJ did not show up until 2:30 am so for all of these reasons it leads me to believe MJ showed up for work as usual at his regular starting time late Tuesday evening. (He probably works an 11pm to 7 am shift- those seem to be pretty standard hours for 3rd shift workers)

Now, if he started at 11pm, where did he get ready for work? And where was he? Le should be able to confirm that...... He'd likely have to be back at least in time to clean up and get ready for work, so if he starts at 11 we can assume he was back by 9pm to get ready - guestimating on traveling time and an hour to get ready.

jmo

If MJ worked nights, then a big red flag to me is that he kept coming/going from that apartment all day. He needed to sleep, as the day would be his 'night', kwim? Something kept him from sleeping that day - something important, IMHO.

I guess I missed that he worked nights. I used to work nights (baylor shift at a hospital). Sleeping during the day was imperative to making it through the next night. Something isn't right here if that's the case. MOO

bbm

I think that was similar to what we had been discussing here as well. When we were discussing a large suitcase with rolling wheels or something of the like on the previous thread. This may be really close to reality. He flew into a rage, panicked, carried her out...

On another note: Whatever happened, I oftentimes get wrapped up so much in the sleuthing and 'whodunnit' that I need to step back and realize the tragedy of the situation: Phylicia is missing and is likely "gone" forever IMHO. I hope they do find her and bring justice to those responsible. :(

BBM. Me too... I hate to say it this way, but sometimes I can just 'seperate myself' from that until we have confirmation. I too focus on uncovering the facts ... and sometimes try not to think about it. Or sometimes I just sob in front of the computer. Trying not to think too hard about it now because I want to have hope. I want to be proven wrong, even though I think that is unlikely. (and I have to go finish shoveling after the associations half hmpd job and I don't want frozen tears. :( )

When the answers finally come the tragedy of the loss will likely be tremendous and the heavy tears and sobbing will come from me then. Or happy tears will fall as a result of a miracle... We do see a few of those from time to time.

jmvho

If MJ worked nights, then a big red flag to me is that he kept coming/going from that apartment all day. He needed to sleep, as the day would be his 'night', kwim? Something kept him from sleeping that day - something important, IMHO.

I guess I missed that he worked nights. I used to work nights (baylor shift at a hospital). Sleeping during the day was imperative to making it through the next night. Something isn't right here if that's the case. MOO

Sometimes but not always. I knew someone who worked a ft day job and two nights a week worked downtown at a night club which closed at 4am. The am shift she worked started at 7:30 am and she did this for about 7 months while in her 20's.

MJ was just starting back to work after a long holiday weekend and if he was caught up on his sleep a day with a few hours or even an all nighter and some coffee/caffiene or an energy drink he could have made it fine. I'm in my mid 40's and with coffee have some nights with only 3 hours of sleep. Sometimes all nighters if I can't sleep as I suffer from insomnia.

hth and jmo

I'm in my mid 40's and with coffee have some nights with only 3 hours of sleep. Sometimes all nighters if I can't sleep as I suffer from insomnia.

hth and jmo

We're about the same age... :seeya:... and often get only 3 hours of sleep as well. But my problem is not insomnia, it's websleuthomnia... :crazy:

(OT: Sorry to hear you suffer from insomnia - I went through a few years of that in my late 30s. Terrible to lie awake and want to sleep - too bad I hadn't discovered WS then b/c the time could have passed more quickly...)

Same here. Just a few hours of sleep for me as well. Terrible. :( I have both, insomnia, and websleuthomnia :(

This case will be on NG tonight. I just saw a trailer.

If MJ had to be at work by 11 pm, he may have slept from 6 to 10. He was back at the apartment at 5-ish, and LBC was there. He may have gotten ready for work at that time, and headed out to do something. Or may have loaded up another load of stuff and headed to his new place to rest/shower/get ready.

I am hoping the NG show will shed some more light on that Tuesday.

(ETA because 4 hours is enough sleep for a man in his 20's, if it's enough for all us women in their 40's! imo.)

I have a feeling that NG only knows that LE has spoken with MJ and that will be all...already 1/2 hour in and no Phylicia as yet.

I have a feeling that NG only knows that LE has spoken with MJ and that will be all...already 1/2 hour in and no Phylicia as yet.

That has been my concern all along. I've seen posts on the NG FB page where folks are saying that MJ is actually going to be interviewed by NG. But they're just confusing things. He talked to LE, not NG, imo.

NG should be about over now. Was there anything of any relevence regarding PB's case on the show? Anything new that we did not already know?

tia

I'm not hearing anything new...
Saying that MJ (not by name) is talking to police, kind of indicating that no one is taking LD tests? I think that is what he said. Said not to read too much into him hiring an attorney, people often do when homicide detectives are calling them to come in 5-6 times...
Said they have nothing that points to what has happened, could be anything, they need evidence, have checked all social media, all computers, finding nothing, very frustrating...

It was only about 6 or 7 minute segment. BUT I think it was inspiring in some ways. They did have someone from Baltimore LE on and he sounded as though they have done quite a bit of hard work on this case and are still at it.

A caller asked about her computer history and he said they brought in FBI top computer analysts who scoured her hard drive and looked at very bit of her social network history.

They also said they narrowed it down to about 6 people they are interested in, and have interviewed some of them 5, 6, and 7 times already.

Noone has been poly'ed yet however.
'
He did talk about MJ being interviewed again today at the station, but he seemed to kind of downplay it imo.

NG should be about over now. Was there anything of any relevence regarding PB's case on the show? Anything new that we did not already know?

tia

(adding on to what has been said by other comments before this one). That DB spoke to PB just before noon and asked PB to look on FB and find pic of MJ and a female. After that, communication was lost. It was stated that MJ said PB fell back asleep at 1:30pm. Very short segment. 7 to 10 minutes as usual. :(

Nothing much. Maybe that DB spoke to PB just before noon and asked PB to look on FB and find pic of MJ and a female. After that, communication was lost. It was stated that MJ said PB fell back asleep at 1:30pm

That's a nice summary of the whole thing, IMHO. Very telling.

(adding on to what has been said by other comments before this one). That DB spoke to PB just before noon and asked PB to look on FB and find pic of MJ and a female. After that, communication was lost. It was stated that MJ said PB fell back asleep at 1:30pm. Very short segment. 7 to 10 minutes as usual. :(

So it was confirmed on NG DB asked PB to 'snoop' on MJ's FB?

What did communication end, was a time confirmed?

So it was confirmed on NG DB asked PB to 'snoop' on MJ's FB?

What did communication end, was a time confirmed?

No specific time that I can remember. Just around noon. Confirmed (yes) that DB asked PB to snoop. (sad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoshi Baehr