MD - Phylicia Barnes, 16, Baltimore, 28 Dec 2010 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad for her family. I am on the fence about whether the male is related. This is a much more suburban, safer area but in Baltimore and DC area finding bodies in the water when spring comes and the water warms up is not out of the norm. That is awful that I am that jaded that I am not shocked by bodies being found. Maryland is a great place and it is interesting that it holds both some of the "richest" areas that are peoples dream to live there and also some of the scariest places in this country.
Way upthread someone commented about Marylands crime rates and said basically that all of Maryland is crime ridden. That is not the case at all. I live in a great area between B'more and DC and it's not perfect but I have realized at times that I've left my door unlocked taking the dog out during the night and it doesn't scare me. Maryland is called America in miniature for a reason. It is so diverse.
On the other hand, the scary parts are SCARY, SCARY and not much would suprise me.
I wish some sort of peace for her family and punishment for whoever harmed her.

I have read as much as I can but didn't hear the Creepy College reference. Can anyone familiar with Baltimore fill me in with where that is? I am thinking It might be the ruins in Ellicott City which was I am pretty sure a hospital and such a beautiful place. I hate thinking this girl whose posters I saw all over is gone. I hope her soul is at peace

Are there waterfalls on the Susquehanna?

Is there an arched bridge? (not the dam, but UP RIVER)

GJ,

The bridge you may be thinking of is the Francis Scott Key Bridge on 695 near Dundalk/Sparrows Point. It's a different body of water (Chesapeake Bay/Patapsco River, not Susquehanna). Google street view can give you a good look of the bridge.

(snip)

Also, if MJ was moving out that day, I wonder how many things he had to move? He must have been a very busy boy to move and cover this up (if he did). Do we know if he had a trailer to move his stuff? If it was a rented trailer or moving truck (Penske, UHaul, etc.) I wonder if they have any GPS equipment that can be looked at. I remember reading that rental cars do so that if you leave the area you are approved to travel to they know and will charge you more. Probably less likely with a trailer versus a truck.

RIP Phylicia - Praying for your families.

I don't think he was moving furniture, etc. Not sure how much he had left anyway since IIRC DB was surprised he was there. I'll try to find that reference...

Do I have this correct?

LE believe Phylicia left in the perp’s vehicle and that is why "the scent dog said her scent left the outside of the stepsister’s apartment”?

I wonder if the stepsister is the daughter of Phylicia’s mother or father.

What a tragedy. This beautiful girl went missing around the same time as Hailey Dunn.

<snipped>

Back to Jean Casarez. How did she go missing to start with, Jean?

JEAN CASAREZ, LEGAL CORRESPONDENT, "IN SESSION": Nancy, she was at her stepsister`s house, the apartment. She actually spent Christmas there. And the stories are so conflicting because she had told her stepsister she was going to step out and get something to eat. There were some eateries nearby she could walk to.

The boyfriend or ex-boyfriend of the stepsister said that she was asleep on the couch, but the scent dog said her scent left the outside of that apartment. She didn`t walk away from there.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/21/ng.01.html

Hi Sleuthers! I have not commented on this thread much, but have been following the case. I an very sad and upset that PB's body was found, but relieved as it at least "brings her home" so that she can by buried by her loved ones.

I am a stepmother to 10(!) children and have none of my own. I applaud PB's mother's desire to have a daughter connect with her half-siblings -- that is so important, especially of she is an only child. However, from my experience, it can be fraught with danger depending on the health or dysfunction of the family.

My youngest stepdaughter got a lot of attention from my late husband, due to the fact that her mother allowed the access and that my husband knew that her mother (whom we believe to be suffering from a mental illness) needed the assistance while raising her daughter. However, when the daughter began meeting her step-siblings, there was a lot of jealousy that was shown by the older half-siblings. Each had had anywhere from only minimal access to their father wall growing up or much access (he pretty much raised two of his kids by himself).

Also, the mother of the youngest would always expect her daughter to receive preferred treatment, believing that since she was the youngest child she should be considered special. This created lots of resentment that is still present to this day.

IMHO, I believe that PB's siblings (at least some of them) may have resented PB's upbringing in some way, especially since she seems to have led a sheltered life. They may have thought that, by exposing her to alcohol, drugs and the opposite sex, they were doing her a "favor" since her mother was so "over-protective." Unfortunately, this had tragic consequences.

(NOTE: This is just my opinion/observation and does not necessarily represent what really happened)

Heads up...This is very important. If you are following any social media, please make copies of things, or screen captures. Stuff is getting deleted left and right, and we need to document this.
Some things I copied last night are now gone. so it's vital.

Do I have this correct?

LE believe Phylicia left in the perp’s vehicle and that is why "the scent dog said her scent left the outside of the stepsister’s apartment”?

I wonder if the stepsister is the daughter of Phylicia’s mother or father.
What a tragedy. This beautiful girl went missing around the same time as Hailey Dunn.

<snipped>

Back to Jean Casarez. How did she go missing to start with, Jean?

JEAN CASAREZ, LEGAL CORRESPONDENT, "IN SESSION": Nancy, she was at her stepsister`s house, the apartment. She actually spent Christmas there. And the stories are so conflicting because she had told her stepsister she was going to step out and get something to eat. There were some eateries nearby she could walk to.

The boyfriend or ex-boyfriend of the stepsister said that she was asleep on the couch, but the scent dog said her scent left the outside of that apartment. She didn`t walk away from there.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/21/ng.01.html

Step-sister is the daughter of the father.

I think more will be revealed today. I am thinking the unidentified male holds clues.

Speculating the dumping spot upriver. Yellow circle is Conowingo Dam.

Updated the case archive in case some have not seen that. The presser is there too.

DeenaHome-to-Bridge-ColumbiaPA.jpg

EDITING TO ADD A BETTER MAP. Which is also more likely, since there is a dam a few miles below the bridge at Columbia.

This one has a legend of what the marks mean.

more-probable.jpg

Hi Sleuthers! I have not commented on this thread much, but have been following the case. I an very sad and upset that PB's body was found, but relieved as it at least "brings her home" so that she can by buried by her loved ones.

I am a stepmother to 10(!) children and have none of my own. I applaud PB's mother's desire to have a daughter connect with her half-siblings -- that is so important, especially of she is an only child. However, from my experience, it can be fraught with danger depending on the health or dysfunction of the family.

My youngest stepdaughter got a lot of attention from my late husband, due to the fact that her mother allowed the access and that my husband knew that her mother (whom we believe to be suffering from a mental illness) needed the assistance while raising her daughter. However, when the daughter began meeting her step-siblings, there was a lot of jealousy that was shown by the older half-siblings. Each had had anywhere from only minimal access to their father wall growing up or much access (he pretty much raised two of his kids by himself).

Also, the mother of the youngest would always expect her daughter to receive preferred treatment, believing that since she was the youngest child she should be considered special. This created lots of resentment that is still present to this day.

IMHO, I believe that PB's siblings (at least some of them) may have resented PB's upbringing in some way, especially since she seems to have led a sheltered life. They may have thought that, by exposing her to alcohol, drugs and the opposite sex, they were doing her a "favor" since her mother was so "over-protective." Unfortunately, this had tragic consequences.
(NOTE: This is just my opinion/observation and does not necessarily represent what really happened)

BBM

I could not agree more. Thank you for sharing your valuable insight!

Heads up...This is very important. If you are following any social media, please make copies of things, or screen captures. Stuff is getting deleted left and right, and we need to document this.
Some things I copied last night are now gone. so it's vital.

Absolutely!

I wonder how the POI's now feel about tweeting about their "ride to the mountains" and laughing about falling "out the boat" @ the same time of PB's tragic disappearance.

Were these clowns foolish enough to document the crime on social media?!

We are watching and JUSTICE is waiting, GUILTY.

Love to PB and the Sallis Family

I think more will be revealed today. I am thinking the unidentified male holds clues.

GJ, I'm thinking they are not related but could be wrong obviously. If they are related, then I do think that will help in terms of the investigation. And IF they are related, then I'm leaning towards trafficking gone wrong...

My first theory is that she was dumped alone, probably in a duffle or suitcase as I stated on the previous page, which helped preserve her body. And it was this duffle or suitcase that took the beating from the riverbed and finally ripped open... Of course the LE and the ME will be able to tell if the body had been inside of something. JMHO.

I don't think he was moving furniture, etc. Not sure how much he had left anyway since IIRC DB was surprised he was there. I'll try to find that reference...

Here is the Creepy College video from YouTube. IIRC this is where the final search took place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJxxOnVMFPk

Does anyone know where it is in reference to DB's apartment and where Phylicia was found?

I added a better map.

Thanks for updating the map. I didn't realize there was another dam upriver that close. I think she had to have been dumped between the two dams. I don't think a body could go through a dam gate and not be damaged pretty badly or even stay intact. That is also why I think the male is probably not related...?

Exactly what I was thinking. It really does seem to connect the two to the same perp. Or perps.

Its highly possible, however its also possible that the current of the water and the condition of the bodies (bloating) that the clothes were torn/fell off in the water.

The problem LE is probably facing in linking the two, is the difficulty in determining time of death. On a good note, they maybe able to scientifically look at the current and flow of the river around the time she went missing and get a rough estimate of how far she could have traveled. This could give LE an idea of where she may have been placed in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member