Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If there is student housing near the assault on the young girl on March 26, and five months later there's an assault in Maryland in August, it aligns with a post-secondary school schedule ... suggesting he has family in Maryland.

Connecting with a young girl when her parents are away, and grabbing a woman from a jogging path in broad daylight ... almost seems like there's a social media connection. Both victims were conveniently, but unusually, alone at the time of abduction.
In watching that video of the LA suspect, it appears that the camera which caught his exit is on an adjacent unit to the one he is leaving. Basing this on the view of the camera and the concrete sidewalk pattern. Seems it might be a multi-unit dwelling, apartment, or townhouse unit.
Also hoping those images of the suspect might be enhanced for further use. Someone else commented on the style and a possible pattern on the pants. i too, thought there is a shimmer or pattern to the fabric?
MOO.

This DNA evidence has come back as a match tied to a home invasion and an assault of a young girl in Los Angeles in March," Col. William Davis said.

Police obtained a doorbell camera video of the unidentified male leaving the scene of the Los Angeles assault.

Los Angeles police said that the suspect was involved in a residential burglary and assault that took place on March 26 in South Los Angeles. A spokeswoman said that the assault was not of a sexual nature, but that investigators did not want to disclose “any more details about what occurred in the house at this time.”

Did not see video posted. This video is under 5 minutes. Person leaving the residence @timestamp 2:25.

Raw: Police provide suspect information in Rachel Morin case, DNA found​

The Harford County Sheriff's Office provided an update on the Rachel Morin case, including a suspect description after DNA was found at the scene.

Watching the vid of suspect exiting home in Ca, If he broke in who the heck let him out? A child was assaulted and you show him the door? Jmo but that person (arm) closing the door should have had to answer some damn hard questions.

WTH
Wait, who said the victim was a “child”?

Informative (moo) video just over 2 minutes.

DNA found at Rachel Morin scene, suspect seen on video after LA assault​

The Harford County Sheriff's Office provided an update on the Rachel Morin case in Bel Air on Thursday, including a suspect description after DNA was found at the scene. The suspect has not yet been identified, but DNA analysis came up with a match. "That DNA was analyzed by the Maryland State Police and ran through the national (Combined DNA Index System) system. This DNA evidence has come back as a match tied to a home invasion and an assault of a young girl in Los Angeles in March," Col. William Davis said.

[…]

Los Angeles police said that the suspect was involved in a residential burglary and assault that took place on March 26 in South Los Angeles. A spokeswoman said that the assault was not of a sexual nature, but that investigators did not want to disclose “any more details about what occurred in the house at this time.”

This article isn’t calling it a “home invasion” like the others I saw yesterday? Now the assault isn’t sexual in nature?

After watching the video multiple times, dude looks heavier than 160 Lbs. I’m surprised that’s where LE puts him.

Also, that sure looks like a woman’s arm that closes the door or that of a young girl.

Can someone confirm for me that this is the guy leaving the scene of a robbery and assault? He seems pretty easy going heading out the door. Strange.

Morin’s killing was particularly violent, investigators said. On Thursday, authorities in Maryland announced that DNA evidence had connected Morin’s murder with a man wanted for assaulting a young girl during a March home invasion in Los Angeles.

Video shared during a press conference Thursday, and then later shared on social media, showed a man identified as the suspect leaving a home during the L.A. home invasion.

The Los Angeles Police Department later confirmed that the assault and break-in happened on March 26 in the jurisdiction of the 77th Division, which encompasses part of South Central.

How odd that a burglar removes his shirt and shoes. There must be fingerprints left at the home in California. Many companies and organizations fingerprint employees and members.

After watching the video multiple times, dude looks heavier than 160 Lbs. I’m surprised that’s where LE puts him.

Also, that sure looks like a woman’s arm that closes the door or that of a young girl.

Can someone confirm for me that this is the guy leaving the scene of a robbery and assault? He seems pretty easy going heading out the door. Strange.
There is more to this story that isn’t being disclosed. LAPD isn’t going to clarify or answer any further questions. I’m betting someone will recognize this guy and an arrest happens soon.

Yeah, 160 seems off to me too but I'm really bad at estimating height/weight. I mean, I weigh 165 and I'm a lot skinnier than this guy but I'm also 6'2"

How odd that a burglar removes his shirt and shoes. There must be fingerprints left at the home in California. Many companies and organizations fingerprint employees and members.
Maybe someone met this guy out somewhere- club, social gathering. He comes home with her, but things go south. Maybe invited to sleep on couch, but he tries to come into bedroom. Maybe a child tries to come to the rescue of Mom and was injured? This scenario could work, but why no video of him entering? Why was it previously described as a home invasion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member