Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video is bad but the number of guys who are about 5"9", 160, no visible tatoos, were in LA in March, not in LA in August, etc. is limited. problem is he may not have close associates OR his close associates if he has them, may know him as a "nice guy" who would not do such things... ala Abby and Libby's accused killer and Molly Tibbett's murderer who had a daughter himself :(
Whomever the LA dude is, there was only TRACE amounts of his DNA found on Rachel's body. You can go google, or bing, etc, or run down to the nearest criminology library to determine what 'trace' amounts means, etc, and you're going to notice that what happened to Rachel was probably not a SA, and probably not a violent murder situation by the person whose 'trace' DNA was found on her body. So, even though LA dude is suspect, he's not going to be the one getting arrested that's for sure.
So go ask yourselves where could this 'trace' DNA come from, and how trace amounts ended up on her body, etc, etc .... keep in mind that it's been plastered all over the media that Rachel was on 'MULTIPLE' dating sites, that she was a gym member, spray tan enthusiast, had a cleaning business, etc, etc, etc, so many sources of where this 'trace' amount of DNA could've been picked up.

1693540275483.png

The video is bad but the number of guys who are about 5"9", 160, no visible tatoos, were in LA in March, not in LA in August, etc. is limited. problem is he may not have close associates OR his close associates if he has them, may know him as a "nice guy" who would not do such things... ala Abby and Libby's accused killer and Molly Tibbett's murderer who had a daughter himself :(

I might be wrong, probably am, but I think the number of guys about 5’9, 160, no visible tattoos, that were in LA in March but not in LA in August, probably numbers in the millions.
I don’t expect anyone to recognize him and turn him in. Nobody turned in Richard Allen in Delphi and that image, though far from perfect, was tons better than this one.
I hope I’m wrong and he is arrested tomorrow.

I might be wrong, probably am, but I think the number of guys about 5’9, 160, no visible tattoos, that were in LA in March but not in LA in August, probably numbers in the millions.
I don’t expect anyone to recognize him and turn him in. Nobody turned in Richard Allen in Delphi and that image, though far from perfect, was tons better than this one.
Right! There is nothing distinct about any of that. Very typical height and weight for Hispanic guys in LA. And most people who live in LA aren’t from LA, and as a result, frequently leave LA. The LA/Maryland combo is more distinct, if it if known.

SEP 1, 2023
Detectives investigating the murder of a Maryland hiker and mother of five have been in Chicago this week tracking leads as they fear her killer will strike again.

[...]

Harford County Sheriff Jeff Gahler told Law&Crime that hundreds of tips have come in following the release of surveillance video showing the suspect. Sheriff’s officials released the video two weeks ago but have yet to identify him.

[...]

The FBI is assisting with the investigation. A reward of up to $10,000 is being offered for information that leads Morin’s murderer.

Tips can be emailed to rmtips@harfordsheriff.org or called in to 410-836 -7788.

Whomever the LA dude is, there was only TRACE amounts of his DNA found on Rachel's body. You can go google, or bing, etc, or run down to the nearest criminology library to determine what 'trace' amounts means, etc, and you're going to notice that what happened to Rachel was probably not a SA, and probably not a violent murder situation by the person whose 'trace' DNA was found on her body. So, even though LA dude is suspect, he's not going to be the one getting arrested that's for sure.
So go ask yourselves where could this 'trace' DNA come from, and how trace amounts ended up on her body, etc, etc .... keep in mind that it's been plastered all over the media that Rachel was on 'MULTIPLE' dating sites, that she was a gym member, spray tan enthusiast, had a cleaning business, etc, etc, etc, so many sources of where this 'trace' amount of DNA could've been picked up.

View attachment 444115

On her hands possibly from maybe gym equipment.

Tips in Rachel Morin murder lead to Chicago, Los Angeles https://twitter.com/cathyrusson

Was getting ready to post Law&Crime article but @PommyMommy has already done so. ;)

The more info released by LE the better. Great news tips were called in. Did not want to see Rachel's case go cold. moo.
I feel like an arrest is imminent - just educated speculation here - and it will likely be someone who lives/lived very close to that house in LA. JMO.

On her hands possibly from maybe gym equipment.
I hope it isn't something like this!

If so, wouldn't there be DNA from other people too?
Something tells me that there is enough and in locations of her body to indicate that he is the murderer. ..MOO

Just because they used the word "trace" in a press release doesn't mean it's "trace" from casual contact.

I believe the DNA shows she had close contact with this guy. MOO.
Also, they got the CODIS hit right away, indicating that it was a good sample..MOO

MOO MOO MOO

View attachment 444115

The article doesn't say anything about the amount of DNA that was found, where the DNA was found on her body or what form of evidence the DNA was obtained from.

For LE to link the two cases together there has to be a substantial amount of trace evidence found, that DNA was obtained from, which would show the only way the DNA could have gotten there was from the assault itself, not touching gym equipment, at the spray tan or from cleaning her clients homes.

This trace evidence could have came from a rape kit, fingernail clippings, blood if the attacker injured himself, a hair found on her body, article of clothing from the attacker left behind, ect.

Nearest criminology library, I will have to look into that.

View attachment 444115
I am not sure but possibly “trace dna” is not the same thing as traces of dna as mentioned in the article you attached.
-Trace dna - touch dna
-Traces of dna - a very small quantity of an unspecified type of dna

Has it actually been stated/ written it was “trace dna”.

JMO

Last edited:
SEP 1, 2023
Detectives investigating the murder of a Maryland hiker and mother of five have been in Chicago this week tracking leads as they fear her killer will strike again.

[...]

Harford County Sheriff Jeff Gahler told Law&Crime that hundreds of tips have come in following the release of surveillance video showing the suspect. Sheriff’s officials released the video two weeks ago but have yet to identify him.

[...]

The FBI is assisting with the investigation. A reward of up to $10,000 is being offered for information that leads Morin’s murderer.

Tips can be emailed to rmtips@harfordsheriff.org or called in to 410-836 -7788.
Strange that a person has been named a suspect from matching DNA from another crime but still no name for this suspect.

View attachment 444115

I am not familiar with the Banner but imoo if they found DNA on RM from multiple people and one just happened to match a person wanted for a violent felony in LA and they ran with this making affirmative representations that he's our guy look for him and if you know him, call us, then they will have a big problem come trial imo. I can't see them doing this. They know the defense go-to playbook will be "They focused on Mr. X and never looked for anyone else"

I just can't see them taking that kind of risk. They get one bite at this apple imo.

jmo

Or someone who might know him is related and loves him, or is afraid of him - and in either instance, doesn't want to be the one to turn him in. Because imo someone knows him and they're not saying a word. To believe otherwise doesn't make any sense to me.

jmo

I disagree. If I knew this guy, I would recognize him from that video, no matter how short it is. I'd know his gait, his ears, his legs, his haircut, his body type. If I'm a stranger, no. But if I know the guy, absolutely.

That's jmo

Right! There is nothing distinct about any of that. Very typical height and weight for Hispanic guys in LA. And most people who live in LA aren’t from LA, and as a result, frequently leave LA. The LA/Maryland combo is more distinct, if it if known.

IMO, you're assuming a stranger will turn him in. I'm assuming (and I believe LE is assuming and counting on may be better) someone who already knows him to turn him in or to at least provide a name as a lead to investigate. Even if it's his barber or someone who worked at or worked out at a local gym.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member