Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. If I knew this guy, I would recognize him from that video, no matter how short it is. I'd know his gait, his ears, his legs, his haircut, his body type. If I'm a stranger, no. But if I know the guy, absolutely.

That's jmo
One problem: They need to see the video. Not enough people focus on these things. The more video exposure, the more likely someone will recognize him. I think he does have a unique look, even among a demographic. I had a reaction when I saw the video.

He doesn't have a "generic, bland" look. He's got a unique gait, curved back etc. Don't know if his ear was a camera artifact or if that's how is ear really is?

That said, if I saw him at the grocery store, I probably wouldn't make the connection because I live very far from both crime scenes.

I disagree. If I knew this guy, I would recognize him from that video, no matter how short it is. I'd know his gait, his ears, his legs, his haircut, his body type. If I'm a stranger, no. But if I know the guy, absolutely.

That's jmo

I hope you’re right.
I’m just scarred by the Delphi case, with a forward facing picture of the suspect, and a short video of him walking and his gait. For over five years the good people of small town Delphi, never called in the guy living right in their town, working at the only drug store in town, playing pool with them on a regular basis.
I hope you are right.

Focusing in on the sheriff's comments here for a second :

"Although one is a homicide and one is an assault, a serious assault, there are aspects of the crimes that are similar," Gahler tells The Messenger. "I think we're probably lucky that we're not dealing with two homicides."
"He's proven himself to be a very violent individual in the homicide case here"

I know that LAPD stated otherwise, but I still very much believe the attack in LA was SA. Perhaps LAPD published false information in an attempt to not compromise an investigation, or security of the victim.

Further, the Sheriff's caveat that Rachel's homicide proves that this suspect is violent, while stating that the LA incident was a 'serious assault', lends one to infer that the assault in LA was not violent in nature.

Strange that a person has been named a suspect from matching DNA from another crime but still no name for this suspect.
It's not strange at all. Nowdays DNA collected at crime scenes is entered in a database. So DNA collected at RM's crime scene matched to that from another crime scene. But that doesn't mean they know the suspect's name.

One problem: They need to see the video. Not enough people focus on these things. The more video exposure, the more likely someone will recognize him. I think he does have a unique look, even among a demographic. I had a reaction when I saw the video.

He doesn't have a "generic, bland" look. He's got a unique gait, curved back etc. Don't know if his ear was a camera artifact or if that's how is ear really is?

That said, if I saw him at the grocery store, I probably wouldn't make the connection because I live very far from both crime scenes.

The back is unusual. I am thinking, orthopedists and pain clinics.

Whomever the LA dude is, there was only TRACE amounts of his DNA found on Rachel's body. You can go google, or bing, etc, or run down to the nearest criminology library to determine what 'trace' amounts means, etc, and you're going to notice that what happened to Rachel was probably not a SA, and probably not a violent murder situation by the person whose 'trace' DNA was found on her body. So, even though LA dude is suspect, he's not going to be the one getting arrested that's for sure.
So go ask yourselves where could this 'trace' DNA come from, and how trace amounts ended up on her body, etc, etc .... keep in mind that it's been plastered all over the media that Rachel was on 'MULTIPLE' dating sites, that she was a gym member, spray tan enthusiast, had a cleaning business, etc, etc, etc, so many sources of where this 'trace' amount of DNA could've been picked up.

View attachment 444115
I haven't seen anyone reporting "ONLY trace amounts" as you wrote, suggesting they only have a small, dubious amount of dna. in the article you quoted i see "traces of dna", which doesn't necessarily mean the same thing. I mean, sure, they didn't say 'we have an abundance of dna!', but i haven't seen anything suggesting the opposite. Am i wrong? it's there another source suggesting this?

also, even with 'only trace amounts', context matters. was the dna under her finger nails? in her body?

I tried enhancing the picture. Didn’t work that well!

Using the middle pic you enhanced (on the right below), I compared it to an example of a Navy military cut on the 'net and still think it looks similar to my old eyes. Also remembering there are naval installations in CA, MD and even near Chicago (Naval Station Great Lakes).

1693698733532.png

Using the middle pic you enhanced (on the right below), I compared it to an example of a Navy military cut on the 'net and still think it looks similar to my old eyes. Also remembering there are naval installations in CA, MD and even near Chicago (Naval Station Great Lakes).

View attachment 444445
I fear, this hairstyle is very up-to-date nowadays and seen on mannny young men.

Btw: When I had viewed the video several times, I noticed, that his right ear probably doesn't look cauliflower-like. It would be a shame, because it would have helped with identification.

ETA: That the perp had his shirt hanging around his left arm, might it be, he wanted to cover an forearm tattoo??

Last edited:

View attachment 444445
Navy rules on hairstyles require the hair not to be visible when headwear is in use; I think there's too much bulk at the back of his hair for it to be a "valid" actual Navy cut. Also "In all cases, hair from the back and sides must present a graduated appearance from the hairline upward"; that weird chunk in the middle directly above his ear wouldn't cut it, no pun intended. JMO.

View attachment 444445

IMO he’s not military. LE have the suspects DNA and it was not a match stored in the CODIS database. (I believe prior service members without a criminal offenses can request their dna be removed from CODIS) imo

Just trying this out for size, a stretch perhaps.. complete speculation, fwiw.
Any chance the perp was a fan of the band Los Lobos, follows some of the shows, staying at family or friend's places?
''Saturday, March 25; 7:30 p.m.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/los-...e-creative-arts-annapolis-md-73a4fafd.htmlLos Lobos
Musco Center for the Arts at Chapman University

Los LobosMaryland Hall for the Creative Arts, Annapolis, MD - Jul 27, 2023JUL27202

June 11 2023
' Los Lobos '

Last edited:
Just trying this out for size, a stretch perhaps.. complete speculation, fwiw.
Any chance the perp was a fan of the band Los Lobos, follows some of the shows, staying at family or friend's places?

''Saturday, March 25; 7:30 p.m.​

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/los-...e-creative-arts-annapolis-md-73a4fafd.htmlLos Lobos
Musco Center for the Arts at Chapman University

Los LobosMaryland Hall for the Creative Arts, Annapolis, MD - Jul 27, 2023JUL27202

June 11 2023
' Los Lobos '
That is interesting 2 dates and locations very near 2 of the crimes we know occurred, as well as the recent investigation I'm Chicago being mentioned. What are the chances that a woman was assaulted or worse in June in route to or from the festival? Would be a way he travels around to commit crimes of opportunity while appearing to be a tourist visiting each location. All my opinion of course but you may be on to something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hskrgrl1955