Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe they were only able to identify 4 of his purported 11 murder victims. I don’t think IK revealed much, and no survivors have come forward, AFAIK.
This is getting OT, but Keyes did have a victim (likely his first) that he let go. He talked about it in interviews, and the victim has talked to the TCBS podcast.

And there was another much later potential victim that he tried to abduct but she got away. She also talked to the podcast.

The episodes are s4e16 and s3e16, respectively.

For what it’s worth though, at this point I don’t think this case is similar to Keyes at all aside from the wide geography. Tommy Sells had a very wide geographical range of victims too (just to name one) and these crimes seem to me much more similar to those on the surface.

This is getting OT, but Keyes did have a victim (likely his first) that he let go. He talked about it in interviews, and the victim has talked to the TCBS podcast.

And there was another much later potential victim that he tried to abduct but she got away. She also talked to the podcast.

The episodes are s4e16 and s3e16, respectively.

For what it’s worth though, at this point I don’t think this case is similar to Keyes at all aside from the wide geography. Tommy Sells had a very wide geographical range of victims too (just to name one) and these crimes seem to me much more similar to those on the surface.
Thank you @dub - I didn’t know this, and the info is much appreciated!

Article to go with the video above:

SEP 6, 2023
[...]

Brown said Morin’s family approached her about putting together the suspect’s profile and checked with the Harford County Sheriff’s Office to make sure it would not interfere with their investigation.

“I was very pleased that they essentially approved of the flyer that was going to go out to the community and had these very important five points on it,” Brown said.

Brown’s complete points include:
  • “This man is a suspected serial killer and is an immediate danger to the community.”
  • “He is a violent criminal with these dangerous psychopathic traits: narcissistic (only cares about himself), lacking empathy (doesn’t care how others feel), manipulative (takes advantage of others), and he is a pathological liar (lies about everything compulsively.)”
  • “After committing a crime in Los Angeles, California, he came to Bel Air, Maryland. This choice of location to a small, lesser-known city is odd, meaning he MUST know someone in Bel Air where he has been able to stay.”
  • “The attack on Rachel Morin that occurred while she was running on the Ma & Pa Heritage Trail was likely committed by an opportunistic predator who saw her that evening. This means it is likely the predator has a specific reason to be in the area of the path: he runs on it, travels on it, he works near it, or he is living near it.”
  • “The suspect would not be accountable for, either at work or home, sometime between 6 p.m. and dusk on Saturday, Aug. 5, when the attack occurred.”
[...]

Three weeks ago, the sheriff’s office released security footage from the Los Angeles incident showing the suspect leaving a home. Authorities currently do not have a name or location for him. ...

[...]

Did Israel Keyes ever leave a victim alive?
IIRC, Keyes claimed to have committed multiple sexual assaults in his teens. Then, when he was around 20, he violently sexually assaulted a teen (he guessed she was between 14-18) he targeted in Deschutes, Oregon (she was on a river raft when he spotted her and made her a target). He let her go after assaulting her, but later regretted it, telling investigators, "I was too timid. I wasn't violent enough. I made up my mind I was never going to let that happen again."

Regarding ethnicity, the perp probably is Hispanic as LE have stated, but just want to mention that i spoke with a man from Tunisia, who said that when he and/or his friends are in the US, people assume he is Mexican.

Curious if the perp has a victim type, ie, is the young female he assaulted in California blonde and blue-eyed like Rachel, or did her daily suntanning sessions make him think she was Hispanic? imo, fwiw

Regarding ethnicity, the perp probably is Hispanic as LE have stated, but just want to mention that i spoke with a man from Tunisia, who said that when he and/or his friends are in the US, people assume he is Mexican.

Curious if the perp has a victim type, ie, is the young female he assaulted in California blonde and blue-eyed like Rachel, or did her daily suntanning sessions make him think she was Hispanic? imo, fwiw
He's not wearing a shirt.

His lack of body hair is common among people with Native-American or East Asian ancestry. (Unless he waxes!) Hence many Latinos with indigenous ancestry don't have much body hair. MOO (Hubby doesn't. His DNA is 50% NA, which is pretty much the norm for many Mexican-Americans)

To me, perp appears Latino of Mexican or Central-American descent. MOO MOO MOO

The person in LA interacted with him too. There are also accents which are pretty easy to distinguish.
There is the local Mexican-American accent or there would be a foreign Mexican-Central-American accent.

It would be very rare of someone of Mediterranean descent to not have visible body hair.

I am starting to get IK vibes in this case, because of the great distances involved.
Me, not yet. Not sure he is a SK. Not sure he is a planner. I get very strange vibes from the case, I think we'd be surprised when he is caught. And, I am not sure they are handling the Hispanic communities right. They shouldn't bring in the police and the translators. What, neither relative speaks a word of Spanish? Kids are taught Spanish at school, if neither of RM's relatives can communicate with a big Hispanic community living nearby, it is bad. If Rachel was Catholic, they have more reasons to make bridges, btw. On the other hand, looking at this kid, I don't feel any specific ethnic vibes. Edgar? I don't want to tell you the ethnicity of the last person I saw sporting an Edgar, but very far from Hispanic. Right type of hair, though. I wouldn't be surprised if the poi is a mix, or I can name you, out of my head, five ethnic groups he might be the member of, not only Hispanic. So...if LE absolutely know he is Hispanic but can't explain openly why, don't even mention it specifically. Talk about the common danger to all women and daughters. It seems to have been so, if I am not wrong, because he might have the type, but it is not ethnic, this I can bet on.

He's not wearing a shirt.

His lack of body hair is common among people with Native-American or East Asian ancestry. (Unless he waxes!) Hence many Latinos with indigenous ancestry don't have much body hair. MOO (Hubby doesn't. His DNA is 50% NA, which is pretty much the norm for many Mexican-Americans)

To me, perp appears Latino of Mexican or Central-American descent. MOO MOO MOO

The person in LA interacted with him too. There are also accents which are pretty easy to distinguish.
There is the local Mexican-American accent or there would be a foreign Mexican-Central-American accent.

It would be very rare of someone of Mediterranean descent to not have visible body hair.

@Friday Fan

This is exactly what we shouldn't do now, assign ethnic background. At this phase, it will simply close all the communities who'd feel shamed and targeted. I suspect he has a very common name, and belongs to a large group, but that's all. I noticed two things, spine curvature and lack of tattoos. This is something personal. He has some non-Caucasian component, but might well be a mix. We can't even rely on DNA ethnicity. (Just an example: my Russian FIL has Lithuanian and Corsican components, good luck with that. Lithuanian I believe, Corsican, maybe they got with Napoleon invasion of Russia, but most likely, they don't simply have a broad database for his area). All that we know is that he has committed another crime on a different coast.
I suspect he is in hiding. In my state, no one has heard about this case. That's it. LE is not making them known. Big mistake. They have SM and FB and Twitter and TV and whatnot. And the country is tired of the current situation.

@Friday Fan

This is exactly what we shouldn't do now, assign ethnic background. At this phase, it will simply close all the communities who'd feel shamed and targeted. I suspect he has a very common name, and belongs to a large group, but that's all. I noticed two things, spine curvature and lack of tattoos. This is something personal. He has some non-Caucasian component, but might well be a mix. We can't even rely on DNA ethnicity. (Just an example: my Russian FIL has Lithuanian and Corsican components, good luck with that. Lithuanian I believe, Corsican, maybe they got with Napoleon invasion of Russia, but most likely, they don't simply have a broad database for his area). All that we know is that he has committed another crime on a different coast.
I suspect he is in hiding. In my state, no one has heard about this case. That's it. LE is not making them known. Big mistake. They have SM and FB and Twitter and TV and whatnot. And the country is tired of the current situation.
Praying that OP Live will do a segment on the case...Sheriff Gahler was on Dan Abrams' show a few weeks ago, so he is aware of the case.

Praying that OP Live will do a segment on the case...Sheriff Gahler was on Dan Abrams' show a few weeks ago, so he is aware of the case.
They are back this week too, I have been going through withdrawals! They also have a very good success record with people being caught after they have appeared on the show!

The demographics of the California neighborhood make both unlikely. Almost 99% are Hispanic or black.

New Post from HCSO I didn't see this posted yet, so I figured I would share it here. The family distributed flyers amongst the Hispanic community in Bel Air a few days ago, and were astonished to find out that many, many residents are not even aware of this crime!

I have a question for the Spanish speakers on this site...the translation provided says that the suspect 'resided' in LA and recently 'reloacted to northeast Maryland'. Can anyone confirm that this translation is accurate? If so, this seems pretty significant to me. Almost like, they KNOW who this is but just can't find him.

New Post from HCSO I didn't see this posted yet, so I figured I would share it here. The family distributed flyers amongst the Hispanic community in Bel Air a few days ago, and were astonished to find out that many, many residents are not even aware of this crime!

I have a question for the Spanish speakers on this site...the translation provided says that the suspect 'resided' in LA and recently 'reloacted to northeast Maryland'. Can anyone confirm that this translation is accurate? If so, this seems pretty significant to me. Almost like, they KNOW who this is but just can't find him.
"viviendo" definitely means "living". The root is "vivir".

Forms of the verb are also used/adapted in English alot.

Words like, "Viva" are used to mean "long live". I'm sure it's Latin based.
The word "vital" as in "vital signs" is from the same base. "vita" (grapes) "wine" all have reference to long-living.

However, the verb "residir" would be a stronger verb, that would indicate residence.
The usage for both verbs would be the same as English.

He was residing in Los Angeles: Residía en Los Ángeles.

He was living in Los Angeles: él estaba viviendo en los ángeles

I'm not sure about the usage of the verb for relocate. reubicado
  1. past participle of reubicar
    It could be different than English. So, I won't comment. Sometimes literal is different than usage. Although the word means relocate the "usage" could be different

Last edited:
"viviendo" definitely means "living". The root is "vivir".

Forms of the verb are also used/adapted in English alot.

Words like, "Viva" are used to mean "long live". I'm sure it's Latin based.
The word "vital" as in "vital signs" is from the same base. "vita" (grapes) "wine" all have reference to long-living.

However, the verb "residir" would be a stronger verb, that would indicate residence.
The usage for both verbs would be the same as English.

He was residing in Los Angeles: Residía en Los Ángeles.

He was living in Los Angeles: él estaba viviendo en los ángeles

I'm not sure about the usage of the verb for relocate. reubicado
  1. past participle of reubicar
    It could be different than English. So, I won't comment. Sometimes literal is different than usage. Although the word means relocate the "usage" could be different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chefk