Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023 #3 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ABC NEWS
Suspect arrested in 2023 murder of mother of 5 killed while hiking in Maryland

DNA evidence was key in finding Rachel Morin's alleged killer, police said.

by: Ivan Pereira
published: June 15, 2024, 8:55 PM
https://abcnews.go.com/US/suspect-arrested-2023-murder-mother-5-killed-hiking/story?id=111157216

... local police and the FBI arrested Victor Antonio Martinez-Hernandez in Tulsa, Oklahoma ....

... Martinez-Hernandez, 23, will be charged with first-degree murder and first-degree rape ....

... DNA evidence was recovered at the crime scene shortly after Morin's body was found linked to a 2023 home invasion in Los Angeles, where a suspect's DNA had been found. A 9-year-old girl was assaulted in the LA case ....

... Martinez-Hernandez, allegedly entered the U.S. illegally last year from El Salvador, where he was wanted for murdering a woman, according to the sheriff and the FBI. ...

Surprisingly close. He obviously lost weight, maybe intentionally. Or, perhaps at the time of the assault he was employed at fast food chain, that would make one gain weight fast. However, at least one witness has amazing photographic memory. Ears, mouth, philtrum, all proportions of the sketch are fantastically close to the reality. I would like to know who the artist was, too.
BBM

The artist is Michael Streed. In February I posted a link to this thread for an interesting interview he did with Nancy Grace. For those who are interested, I'm reposting the link here. His segment begins around 22:40.

Last edited:
I like the way you think, Charlot123
Thank you!
BBM

The artist is Michael Streed. In February I posted a link to the thread for an interesting interview he did with Nancy Grace. For those who are interested, I'm reposting the link here. His segment begins around 22:40.

Thank you!

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

His picture in the blue Nike t-shirt is at least five years old (posted on his fb in 2019 when he would be 18). So he didn't slim down since the LA attack as some were speculating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tulsa Police Department

INTERNATIONAL MURDER SUSPECT ARRESTED IN TULSA

Victor Antonio Martinez Hernandez was wanted for a crime spree that started in El Salvador and then multiple cities across the United States.

Hernandez is wanted in El Salvador for murder, according to reports he fled to the U.S.

Hernandez then popped up in Los Angeles where he violently assaulted a 9-year-old girl and her mother during a home invasion.

Hernandez then made his way to Harford County Maryland and killed a mother of 5, Rachel Morin, while she was walking down a trail.

Authorities believe that Hernandez was hiding adjacent to a trail and where Rachel was walking and attacked and killed Morin before fleeing Maryland.

Late last night our partners with the FBI – Federal Bureau of Investigation contacted Detectives with the Tulsa Police Department Special Investigations Division. They had been working on information that the suspect was in the Tulsa area.

The FBI, TPD Detectives, and TPD patrol Officers converged on a bar located at 21st and Garnett. Officers found the suspect casually sitting at the bar and placed him under arrest. Initially the suspect lied about his true identity and denied any knowledge of the crimes he is wanted for.

The suspect was booked into Tulsa County and awaiting extradition for his heinous crimes.

This is the culmination of tremendous efforts from multiple agencies across the US. We are proud of our Tulsa Police Officers for putting an end to Hernandez’s violent attacks on innocent people.

#TulsaPolice
Here is a link to the news conference from the Harford County Sheriff's Office:
https://harfordsheriff.org/.../releases/rachel-morin-update/

May be an image of 1 person and text

Might need a triple dose of botox, lol.
bbm
Only when he just got caught, otherwise he hasn't these deep wrinkles. I think, he is handcuffed and an PO is pushing him in front of the camera. He won't have liked it to be shown - but so many other people instead of him, like WSers and citizens of several states!!

"Our investigative genetic genealogy team in Baltimore worked countless hours to identify the suspect by using crime scene DNA and tracing that DNA to potential family members. Investigators even traveled to El Salvador as part of their efforts to identify this killer," said Bill DelBango with the FBI Baltimore Field Office. "To find the suspect, we've provided technical assistance helping to pinpoint his location. That brings us to (Friday night), where Tulsa police and FBI agents were able to successfully apprehend and arrest the suspect in Oklahoma."

Victor Antonio Martinez Hernandez was wanted for multiple crimes committed across the United States and El Salvador.

Hernandez fled El Salvador on murder charges where he traveled to Los Angeles.

In Los Angeles, Hernandez assaulted a 9-year-old girl and her mother during a home invasion.

He then traveled to Hartford County in Maryland where he was wanted for killing Rachel Morin, a mother of five.

The FBI began working with TPD on reports that Hernandez was in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Gahler said Martinez-Hernandez was hanging out at a storefront in Tulsa when officers charged him with trespassing and he was identified during the processing as the suspect wanted in Maryland for Morin's death.

The suspected attacker was described as a Latino man between 20 and 30 years old who was about 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighed 160 pounds.

Oklahoma court records obtained by the Banner list Martinez Hernandez as 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 160 pounds.

So relieved this alleged multiple murderer is off the streets.

Thankful for and impressed by the detailed, committed work by coordinated LE.

This person is the worst of the worst... Murdered a woman in his home country (no details known but likely not his first crime), assulted a child and her mother in their own home, murdered and raped a mother on a hiking trail, gang member.

His crimes were all in very different locations with different methods/scenarios. He had to be stopped as his history would be repeated. I think we'll learn of more crimes.

May Rachel's loved ones feel a bit of comfort knowing justice is closer. May the family in LA feel a bit safer tonight. Lives were saved when this monster was arrested. MOO

JUN 15, 2024
rsbm: link will remain in order to credit photo
On of many beautiful photos of Rachel. She was living her life fully and not bothering anyone.

Well done by LE, and all those involved. They cared about getting this creep off our streets. He would have killed again.

So very sad for Rachel's loved ones, esp, her children. It really hurts because their lives have been forever changed. I wish for them much healing and unconditional love. moo

1718542730896.png

rsbm: link will remain in order to credit photo
On of many beautiful photos of Rachel. She was living her life fully and not bothering anyone.

Well done by LE, and all those involved. They cared about getting this creep off our streets. He would have killed again.

So very sad for Rachel's loved ones, esp, her children. It really hurts because their lives have been forever changed. I wish for them much healing and unconditional love. moo

View attachment 510778
I don't remember a case, where a sk so easily and quickly and violently raped and killed.
The LA camera footage seems just so weird to me...this guy just walking out of that house. What did he actually do????
I hope we hear more from El Salvador..
I really do

Gahler alleged the suspect came to the U.S. in February 2023 without permission as he fled El Salvador, with authorities seeking him in the death of a young woman there. The sheriff didn’t name the gang he said the suspect claimed.

The sheriff used the news conference Saturday to criticize federal leadership regarding border security.

“American citizens are not safe because of failed immigration policies,” Gahler said.

He said Morin was the second woman in the county allegedly killed in recent years by someone with gang ties from El Salvador who was in the country illegally.

Through collaboration with FBI personnel working in El Salvador, investigators discovered Martinez-Hernandez allegedly murdered a young woman in El Salvador in January 2023 — one month before entering the United States.

The homicide in El Salvador, and what investigators said was Martinez-Hernandez’s connection to Salvadoran street gangs, led to an Interpol “Red Notice” — an international request for law enforcement to locate and detain an individual — being issued.

Gahler alleged the suspect came to the U.S. in February 2023 without permission as he fled El Salvador, with authorities seeking him in the death of a young woman there. The sheriff didn’t name the gang he said the suspect claimed.

The sheriff used the news conference Saturday to criticize federal leadership regarding border security.

“American citizens are not safe because of failed immigration policies,” Gahler said.

He said Morin was the second woman in the county allegedly killed in recent years by someone with gang ties from El Salvador who was in the country illegally.

Through collaboration with FBI personnel working in El Salvador, investigators discovered Martinez-Hernandez allegedly murdered a young woman in El Salvador in January 2023 — one month before entering the United States.

The homicide in El Salvador, and what investigators said was Martinez-Hernandez’s connection to Salvadoran street gangs, led to an Interpol “Red Notice” — an international request for law enforcement to locate and detain an individual — being issued.

Was he wanted by police in El Salvador when he crossed the US border? Or was he identified as a perp later?

[…]

Hernandez had illegally crossed the border into the U.S. in February 2023, after murdering another young woman in El Salvador a month earlier in January 2023, Gahler said. Interpol, the international law enforcement agency, had issued a warrant for his arrest for the homicide of the woman that occurred there.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back