Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's where she was found, it must also be creepy for those living in the very nearby houses to know a murderous predator was so close. Imo.

Yes I agree. And this could be the reason LE was asking the community to check their home video cameras to see if they picked up anybody walking to or from that area.

Thanks for these maps! I noticed something called Anna's House to the left of the Bel Air Bypass and near the trail. When I looked it up it said it was a homeless shelter. It got me thinking that maybe the perp was someone staying at that house.…
Anna’s House is for women and children only. Anything is possible but I don’t think the killer was a woman staying at the shelter.

With LE not asking the public for any tips or info they might have, I'm thinking there is action going on behind the scenes.

I hope that is not wishful thinking.

jmo
They established a tip submittal email and asked the public for help? But I do think there is a lot being done behind the scenes. Wondering how long it could take for DNA results to come back?

When I'm out running or cycling and am coming upon someone I'll generally give a polite "on your right/left!" so as to not startle them. Is this more of an acceptable way to go about it? Or is it still better to just steer clear? I try to be an ally and am always willing to learn.

I really do think it sucks that women can't enjoy normal, day to day activities without being on the edge.
For myself, I always appreciate that type of interaction. I don't run, walk, or bike with earbuds in, but I can be lost in just running or listening to nature and so the voice command that someone is approaching is appreciated. I try to do the same thing also. If I'm running and coming up on someone quicker than they are moving, I try to swing wide to not be right beside them as I'm passing until they hear me. I don't like startling anyone.

As a woman, I try to make eye contact and say Hi, Hello, Good morning, Good evening, etc. Sometimes people don't say anything back and other times they do. I never feel uncomfortable if a man is approaching and they say hi or any other greeting. It is a bit unsettling if a guy is going the same direction as me and isn't passing me or is staying basically the same pace. I think most are just out getting exercise and it's just my issue being a woman and letting all the what if's go through my head.

It really is unfortunate that men have to try to make women comfortable because of what the few bad ones do. I appreciate that you are aware and willing to understand it better.

When I'm out running or cycling and am coming upon someone I'll generally give a polite "on your right/left!" so as to not startle them. Is this more of an acceptable way to go about it? Or is it still better to just steer clear? I try to be an ally and am always willing to learn.

I really do think it sucks that women can't enjoy normal, day to day activities without being on the edge.

Thank you for being an aware and compassionate man.

To me a comment like that seems less threatening, and you’re just trying to give advance notice of your presence so as not to alarm women.

Personally I’m more comfortable if a man is further away from me, if I’m alone, but I certainly understand that you have the right to run or bike.

So wonderful that you grasp it and want to be an ally! All men should be like you.

JMO!!! But thank you.

From a previous map I’ve seen the area I marked with a red X is where it is suspected Rachel was found.
Thanks for marking the possible site where she was found--that's interesting.

Some have speculated that the killer could have snuck onto to the trail from the nearby neighborhood. Possibly, but I would like to suggest anther possibility.

As these two maps show, there is a former private mansion--Liriodendron Mansion--in the opposite direction. It is now used as a wedding and other function venue.

The Google map doesn't show a clear connection between the Ma and Pa Trail and the mansion site, probably because the trees are blocking the view. But the other map shows that the mansion has a parking lot and what looks like a trail that connects to the Ma and Pa trail.

I think it could have been a quiet, unobtrusive place for a killer to park his car and access the trail, commit the crime and then quickly return to his car. There was probably no event at the mansion that night (not sure about that).

That's all just speculation on my part, but to me it looks like the best place to park along the trail for someone with ill intent. It is very close to the site where Ms. Morin's body was discovered (according to others). There is also a stream there ("Heavenly Waters") as has been mentioned in news reports.

Liriodendron Mansion 02.jpg

Liriodendron Mansion.jpg

AUG 14, 2023
  • Maryland police continue to search the trail.
  • A police spokesperson told Fox that they have received 325 tips as of Monday. Gahler said some of them are “promising”...

I don't have a clue but it should last a week or so. I've never had a spray tan or been in a tanning booth. I'm so pale and have a fear of looking orange.

Maybe RM felt the need to always have a tan for her modeling assignments.
Still everyday seemed really excessive! what else did Glow offer? Manicures? Waxing?

Still everyday seemed really excessive! what else did Glow offer? Manicures? Waxing?
Agree!

This was a permanent order in 2017; was re-opened as an "emergency" motion in 2019 (what happened with Rachel in 2019?); was dismissed and then was re-opened again in 2022 as a petition to modify visitation. This was going on for years and even with a final order in 2017, was still never-ending at the time.

Look at the standard of relief required in order to meet the requirements for an emergency motion:

Standard for Relief
  1. There must be sufficient showing that there is an imminent risk of harm or harassment to a party or minor child, unless there is sufficient showing that there will be an imminent loss of jurisdiction or removal of the child from the state.
  2. Purely speculative evidence of harm in [sic] insufficient to grant emergency relief.

There is other relief listed by way of another motion but this emergency motion must be grounded on an actual emergency.

jmo

I am also seeing some other interesting cases under her name..one being writs of garnishment of wages from Big Lots and 7-11 in 2017/2018. 080400130132017.

JMO

Normally I get a strong vibe if it is the boyfriend/husband who did it when a woman is found murdered.

This case seems different though with quite a number of POI's IMO.

Then add in the chances of this being random because of the location and I have no idea atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay