Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have their been any reports of anyone in formal attire on the path that night?

The liriodendron mansion is a very common wedding Venue and is literally right next to the path and where she was found. And there's an access point to the trail from the mansion. See approx measurement from the venue to where she was found.

I don't think anyone has considered what if it was a wedding guest.

Attachments

• IMG_4862.jpeg
    IMG_4862.jpeg
    224.4 KB · Views: 13

The liriodendron mansion is a very common wedding Venue and is literally right next to the path and where she was found. And there's an access point to the trail from the mansion. See approx measurement from the venue to where she was found.

There must be public info available if there was an event there that evening. Social media etc.

Ah yes there was indeed a wedding there on the 5th, easy to find actually.

Considering the increased patrols of the trail, sheriff department purchasing an expensive ATV to patrol the trail, and now the installation of cameras along the trail. I think it safe to say LE has no suspect in sight, this was a random attack by someone unknown to Rachel and LE is considering the idea the attacker may strike again.

JMO

Considering the increased patrols of the trail, sheriff department purchasing an expensive ATV to patrol the trail, and now the installation of cameras along the trail. I think it safe to say LE has no suspect in sight, this was a random attack by someone unknown to Rachel and LE is considering the idea the attacker may strike again.

JMO
I don't think we can conclude anything other than LE is reacting in a usual way to the usual public outcry and demand to "DO SOMETHING!"

JMO
When I see action like this on a case it tells me the LE agency is taking steps to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Every case will highlight spots where things could have been in place that would have helped solve the case. That's what I see happening here. And good for them for taking these extra steps to protect the public as much as they're able.

jmo

Ah yes there was indeed a wedding there on the 5th, easy to find actually.
I could not find any evidence that there was a wedding at the Liriodendron Mansion on August 5.

In any case, I doubt that a wedding guest at a venue like that would be a likely suspect in a murder that took place in the woods nearby.

But if the murderer used the parking lot at the Mansion, then his car might have been less noticeable than if there had been no event at the mansion.

I wonder whether the Mansion parking lot is monitored by cameras.

In any case, I am sure LE is reviewing lots of camera evidence from all over the area, though if they don't know what they are looking for (such as a certain type of car or a person of a certain description) then the camera evidence itself might not tell them much.

Last edited:

JMO
Not necessarily. There is a case local to me where a woman was murdered (her body has never been found, but ME ruled blood loss was consistent with loss of life), and the park where her vehicle was found didn't have cameras. Even though LE knew who likely committed the crime from the beginning, cameras were still installed to make the community feel safer. Jennifer Farber Dulos if anyone is interested. Her former husband wasn't arrested or formally charged with murder for a while.

That being said, I have a hunch there are moving pieces behind the scenes that haven't reached the news yet.

So it was reported RM fought like heck and went “unwillingly”. This is telling that she must have some DNA on her body in today’s age. I feel like LE could just be waiting on those results. I feel we should hear something in the days to follow as it was such an up and close homicide. They must have found something if this crime was as violent as has been reported. Jmo

Last edited:
I don't think we can conclude anything other than LE is reacting in a usual way to the usual public outcry and demand to "DO SOMETHING!"
Agree, that’s painting with too broad a brush. The Chief has been very concerned about safety and the public’s perception of action being taken in this investigation. I still think it could be random, but not for the reason stated by the poster you’re responding too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay