Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes me wonder if there are other videos, but they aren't as clear and this one is very clear, just isn't showing his face. Someone that knows him would likely be able to pick him out with what we know.. March in CA and now August in Maryland and his body type with the hair and side of the face.. someone can put that together if they know him.
Upthread it was suggested that the man is Hispanic. I don't think we should jump to that conclusion. It's night, photos are taken with nearby lights. We know he has black hair, but that doesn't tell us anything about nationality.

His hair, ears, build and physique are unique enough that family, brothers, sisters, girlfriends, roommates, and sport friends should recognize him right away.

I hope they've really scoured her FB posts for comments and "likes".. maybe someone was watching her. I am feeling like the assault in Ca was targeted and the easiest way I know for a grown man to target an underage kid is online. Maybe he did "watch" Rachel online.. there wouldn't have to be any connection on her part, just posting and this creeper sees her or likes a post or even sees her at the gym, but finds her on social media and his interest grows.. might seem random, but not be. Not saying she knew him, but he could have known her and sought her out unbeknownst to her.

Re reasons for being on two different coasts at different times of the year (aside from travel and some of the occupations mentioned)… being a student. Description said 20s, right? August is back to school for many colleges. March could be visit home or spring break.

Edit: obviously reverse scenario also possible (at school in CA in Mar, visiting MD before returning in Aug).

Seems less likely than other reasons but throwing it out there.

This case is local for me and I’m really praying she and her family get justice.

Last edited:
Upthread it was suggested that the man is Hispanic. I don't think we should jump to that conclusion. It's night, photos are taken with nearby lights. We know he has black hair, but that doesn't tell us anything about nationality.

His hair, ears, build and physique are unique enough that family, brothers, sisters, girlfriends, roommates, and sport friends should recognize him right away.
Him being Hispanic is being reported in msm.

"Davis said the suspect is believed to be a Hispanic male who is about 5'9" and in his early to mid-20s. Surveillance video allegedly of the suspect was shown at the press conference."

IMO I think it's unlikely he is a truck driver (or any other highly regulated profession, for that matter) -- truck drivers are fingerprinted and while they might not have his prints from Rachel's murder, there is a decent chance have them from the home invasion/sexual assault in LA (since they have his DNA from that attack the victim must have gone to the hospital within 5 days). Truck drivers all have to submit fingerprints for an FBI background check.

Why was it announced that this perp is 'Hispanic' ? Can someone spell out why this would be, maybe draw me a picture, I'm a dunce, I'm not seeing this.

Him being Hispanic is being reported in msm.

I have no basis for this, it's speculation, but I would imagine their (LE) firm stance on this is a result of the LA victim/witness statement. There's no wishy washy in it at all and if all they have is what we see, they wouldn't be able to be so confident in this fact. This tells me they know this from other evidence.

jmo

Last edited:
Why was it announced that this perp is 'Hispanic' ? Can someone spell out why this would be, maybe draw me a picture, I'm a dunce, I'm not seeing this.
What are you confused about? Police are trying to figure out who the suspect is. As such, whatever information known about him is helpful to investigation.

I have no basis in this, it's speculation, but I would imagine their (LE) firm stance on this is a result of the LA victim/witness statement. There's no wishy washy in it at all and if all they have is what we see, they wouldn't be able to be so confident in this fact.

jmo
Oh yes and his surviving victim likely could tell because he isn't covering his face at all in the video we see

View attachment 441586

Bringing forward the video. The security footage begins at the 2 min mark.

Thank you for the links, @dotr.

It is what the police stated in the press conference (here is the official press release from HCSO). In addition to the photos, they probably also have a description from the victim in the LA case that contributed to that determination.

From the press release:

The unknown male is described as being approximately 5'09" 160 pounds, approximately 20-30 years of age, dark hair, muscular build and is belived [sic] to be of hispanic decent [sic].
366372898_693740296125209_1999035961567888612_n.jpeg

The Edgar haircut is one more thing kids, parents can disagree on​

Troublemakers have been getting this goofy haircut for the past 10 years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member