Found Deceased MD - Rachel Morin, 37, left for walk on Ma & Pa Trail 6pm, car found at Williams St entrance, Bel Air, 5 Aug 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stones near the tunnels are wet and slippery.
One might slip on them while running and fall.
Certainly possible to fall on slippery rocks, but this has been determined to be a homicide, not an accident.

“There will be a time when I can share more,” the sheriff said, cautioning that the release of too many details too early could jeopardize the ongoing probe. “What I can tell you for sure is this was an intentional taking of a person’s life.”

Certainly possible to fall on slippery rocks, but this has been determined to be a homicide, not an accident.

“There will be a time when I can share more,” the sheriff said, cautioning that the release of too many details too early could jeopardize the ongoing probe. “What I can tell you for sure is this was an intentional taking of a person’s life.”

I know.
But she might have been running away from somebody chasing her.
We know nothing really.

It is just another possibiity.

JMO

I read that she was on several dating and single social media apps. It could have been someone from the gym, someone she met through dating apps, someone she knows better than apps and the gym.

Was Rachel Morin sexually assaulted? If not, the murderer was not interested in grabbing random women off the jogging path for sex.
*I don’t know what kind of safety protocols (no convicted felons, etc) were on the apps she used, but the multiple sites are concerning. I worry about Tinder rape escalating into Tinder murder. Multiple dating app women must meet multiple dating app men. Jealousy turns to rage? Rejection? Perhaps someone who she’d been chatting with for awhile - she was sweet and comfortable to talk to - he‘s into her & wants to meet - she‘s ambivalent but agrees to meet - hearing the wrong message, perp goes from aggressive to violent.

Tinder rape occurs when a person uses dating apps to lure a victim into a dangerous situation and then sexually assault them. This can happen when an individual poses as someone they are not, manipulates the victim into a false sense of security, or uses the victim's trust to commit the crime.

*I don’t know what kind of safety protocols (no convicted felons, etc) were on the apps she used, but the multiple sites are concerning. I worry about Tinder rape escalating into Tinder murder. Multiple dating app women must meet multiple dating app men. Jealousy turns to rage? Rejection? Perhaps someone who she’d been chatting with for awhile - she was sweet and comfortable to talk to - he‘s into her & wants to meet - she‘s ambivalent but agrees to meet - hearing the wrong message, perp goes from aggressive to violent.

Tinder rape occurs when a person uses dating apps to lure a victim into a dangerous situation and then sexually assault them. This can happen when an individual poses as someone they are not, manipulates the victim into a false sense of security, or uses the victim's trust to commit the crime.
As Rachel was in a new relationship IMO I doubt she would agree to meet somebody from a dating site on the day of her murder.

As Rachel was in a new relationship IMO I doubt she would agree to meet somebody from a dating site on the day of her murder.
I’m sorry. I wasn’t clear. I didn’t finish my train of thought. I started the post with the intent of leading to a hypotheses with a dude she had previously met up with, he was into her, she wasn’t into him, game over or she let him down too easy, he thinks he has a chance, then he reads about new relationship and stalks her, waits for her with a plan..

Last edited:
I read that she was on several dating and single social media apps. It could have been someone from the gym, someone she met through dating apps, someone she knows better than apps and the gym.

If she was not sexually assaulted, then she was not grabbed randomly for sexual assault ... meaning she was targeted.
A thrill killer may kill randomly without a sexual assault. This type of killer gets his gratification from the kill, the power, the control. Sometimes people who kill randomly are unable to perform a sex act.
So, the fact of whether a victim is sexually assaulted or not isn’t a determinate factor in whether or not this is a targeted vs random killing or crime of opportunity.
On the other hand, a victim may be targeted not because there is a causal relationship between the two, but because the random killer is looking for a “type” I.e. a blonde, or athletic, or stature, etc.
When you refer to the victim being targeted are you saying the killer was interested in killing only Rachel as opposed to just anyone or are you referring to something else?

AUG 14, 2023

‘Trail of flowers and light’ planned to honour Rachel Morin’s life​

Morin’s family invited members of the community to meet at 11 am on 19 August at the William Street entrance of the Ma and Pa trail.

Attendees will then begin walking to the end of the first half of the trail and back.

“We are hoping to have a “Trail of Flowers and Light” to line both sides of the trail for our walk on the Ma & Pa Trail,” Morin’s sister Rebekah Morin wrote on Facebook.

“If you are able to, we ask that you bring flowers and a battery operated candle to lay on either side of the trail somewhere as we walk Rachel’s last steps.”

Screen%20Shot%202023-08-11%20at%206.04.21%20PM.png

I’m sorry. I wasn’t clear. I didn’t finish my train of thought. I started the post with the intent of leading to a hypotheses with a dude she had previously met up with, he was into her, she wasn’t into him, game over or she let him down too easy, he thinks he has a chance, then he reads about new relationship and stalks her, waits for her with a plan..

Thanks for clarifying yeah this makes sense now and is certainly one of a number of viable paths which I’m sure detectives will be exploring

Re-posting a few of the sheriff's statements

AUG 9, 2023
[...]

"It was more than obviously apparent to police officers and our detectives who came up that this was not an accidental injury – somebody out exercising who's fallen down and sustained a fatal injury," Harford County Sheriff Jeff Gahler told Fox News Digital. "This was not something that was self-inflicted.… This was the action of one or more persons who took her life in a criminal homicide – an egregious, horrific act in what is very otherwise… a very, very safe area."

[...]

"As sheriff, if I could alleviate some of the concerns here in our community by saying, ‘Hey, we have a solid suspect’… that would be good reassurance that this was not some random thing but a targeted event," Gahler said. "We do not have that confidence, and I keep saying that over and over again. We are looking at every possibility and to focus on this one individual may come at the expense of… not looking at someone else."

[...]

If someone set out to harm or kill Rachel, chances are they would have armed themselves and taken a weapon with them, not relied on a weapon they would have found at the scene.

If someone was hired to kill Rachel, depending on their level of professionalism I don't think they would have gotten close enough to possibly leave behind forensic evidence that could lead back to them.

If someone was looking to commit a sexual assault on an unsuspecting victim, they might attack someone and forcefully move the victim to a secluded area where they could hopefully preform the assault undetected. To control the victim the perp may have needed to use a weapon, the rock being the closest and most convenient thing available.

Point being,you don't go to a gun fight without a gun. I think if Rachel was killed by someone she knew, some other weapon would have been used, not a rock that was there, if it's true a rock was used as MG say's.

JMO

Why has everyone assumed the head injury was the only assault? She could have been incapacitated or initially assaulted in another way, like the tazer mentioned earlier, or stabbed, shot, strangled? That could explain the trail of blood also.

Sorry I didn’t refresh to see Joe Friday’s post. It was driving me crazy for 30 pages!

If someone set out to harm or kill Rachel, chances are they would have armed themselves and taken a weapon with them, not relied on a weapon they would have found at the scene.

If someone was hired to kill Rachel, depending on their level of professionalism I don't think they would have gotten close enough to possibly leave behind forensic evidence that could lead back to them.

If someone was looking to commit a sexual assault on an unsuspecting victim, they might attack someone and forcefully move the victim to a secluded area where they could hopefully preform the assault undetected. To control the victim the perp may have needed to use a weapon, the rock being the closest and most convenient thing available.

Point being,you don't go to a gun fight without a gun. I think if Rachel was killed by someone she knew, some other weapon would have been used, not a rock that was there, if it's true a rock was used as MG say's.

JMO
Agree. Possibly a stranger thrill kill. Random or targeted. I don’t see Rachel appearing as particularly vulnerable or easy to prey on so I don’t think she was chosen for those reasons. She was fit so I suspect she fought back. Thrill killers often take jewelry or clothing, didn't someone on this thread talk about seeing a Fitbit on her wrist? If she was naked, well, he could have her entire outfit.

<modsnip - quoted post was off topic>
I wonder how the perp left the area covered in victim's blood? :(
Did he leave by the tunnel to the other side?
Surely by paths known only to him.

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder how the perp left the area covered in victim's blood? :(
Did he leave by the tunnel to the other side?
Surely by paths known only to him.

JMO
I'm not sure he be covered in blood. If her wounds were all concentrated, the blood would mostly be behind and under her. I hate this. So brutal.

She just wanted to run.

Safe park, safe time of day....

I'd be looking for a kid on a bike. Part of the landscape. She was very petite. We might be surprised how young the offender might be.

Jmo

Agree. Possibly a stranger thrill kill. Random or targeted. I don’t see Rachel appearing as particularly vulnerable or easy to prey on so I don’t think she was chosen for those reasons. She was fit so I suspect she fought back. Thrill killers often take jewelry or clothing, didn't someone on this thread talk about seeing a Fitbit on her wrist? If she was naked, well, he could have her entire outfit.
It was said to be an Apple Watch, so the data is hopefully on her Cloud account. To my knowledge, owning a Fitbit, it updates via Bluetooth, so less likely to have as helpful information at the time of the murder. Hers my be a better model if it was a Fitbit though.

There will still be good information about her routines though.

I'm not sure he be covered in blood. If her wounds were all concentrated, the blood would mostly be behind and under her. I hate this. So brutal.

She just wanted to run.

I'd be looking for a kid on a bike. Part of the landscape. She was very petite. We might be surprised how young the offender might be.

Jmo
Wearing a dark color would help make blood not as obvious and most people pay no attention to what someone is wearing if they see him briefly and from a distance. IMO

She just wanted to run.

Jmo
She was tiny, even though she was into fitness, that doesn’t necessarily mean she put up a fight or did any damage to the assailant.

I’ve considered the killer may have been young or a woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy