Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

My hinky meter is going up again... So Bella was actually pulled from the water, not found on the beach. Earlier reports have said that Bella did not drown which means she must've been dead before being in the water. (I would think even a dying dog would try to inhale if they went under... :(). And Robin was about a mile from home - no visible signs of trauma. But neither spent much time at the water.

bbm

Police sources say there were no visible signs of intentional trauma. Adding to the mystery is the death of Pope's beloved dog, Bella, who was also found dead along the beach at the same time Pope went missing.

"He just looked like a wet dog...," said neighbor Michele Pierce. "You couldn't tell he was...ya know...um, dead."

Pierce watched with heartache as officials pulled the Great Dane from the icy waters. She knew the dog had health issues, but she says neither Bella or Pope spent much time playing on the pier.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...nto-death-continues--86679.html#ixzz2OdoEazOr

My hinky meter is going up again... So Bella was actually pulled from the water, not found on the beach. And Robin was about a mile from home - no visible signs of trauma. But neither spent much time at the water.

bbm
Funny...I just read that article, copied and pasted the link, and was about to post when I saw that you just did. Earlier reports said the dog was found on the beach...I guess now it's the water. Strange indeed.

I would be shocked if it turns out that them both falling asleep is true. That is just too weird. If he did make that part up, I believe it was to establish an alibi of sorts. His story to the police was that he went to get coffee or something like that after she got there. They have a phone call to prove that she was almost to his house around 10:30, so if he didn't go somewhere public until after 11pm, he would have to account for that half hour of time somehow, so that is why I think it's a made up story. Also I'm wondering why in the news reports, did they not give an explanation from Wayne as to the dog. Nothing was ever said until after the autopy about the dog being ill, or having tumors. I found it weird that more wasn't said about the dog, such as where the dog was exactly when he left Robin there alone, kwim? The police probably know more about it and it just wasn't reported, but I just find it odd.

Why not just say HE fell asleep and that she had to knock for a while to rouse him? WHY make up the part about her falling asleep too? Why not say she told him she had to stop off at the gas station or mini mart or something en route, and he dozed off while waiting? Or that he had no idea what happened, but that he fell asleep because it took her longer than anticipated to arrive? Unless someone saw a human form slumped over in a running car in his driveway, why put her there at all?

Funny...I just read that article, copied and pasted the link, and was about to post when I saw that you just did. Earlier reports said the dog was found on the beach...I guess now it's the water. Strange indeed.

I re-read the part about the beach - and most say "along the beach". My guess is just off the beach in the water? But - as I'm sure you know since you're more local than I am - the surf at the Bay isn't enough to pick up a deceased Great Dane and pull it into the water. I've got to run out the door to work but I have other thoughts... Something doesn't add up.

My sincere condolences to Robin's family and friends. I hope and pray answers are found soon.

RIP Robin :rose:
RIP Bella :rose:

Tears have flowed from my eyes for both of you. So heartbreaking ...

For the sake of her daughters, I hope that WP was not involved in any way, and that it was an accident, suicide, or natural death. Even grown-up kids should have at least one parent...

I re-read the part about the beach - and most say "along the beach". My guess is just off the beach in the water? But - as I'm sure you know since you're more local than I am - the surf at the Bay isn't enough to pick up a deceased Great Dane and pull it into the water. I've got to run out the door to work but I have other thoughts... Something doesn't add up.

So, if Robin and Bella disappeared at low tide, when the tide came in, could a dog that WAS on dry land be "in the water"? And, if so, could that account for the discrepancies in the report of where she was located? Like they know she died on the land, and although she was not moved, she was found in the water because the water moved?

Facebook update from Queen Anne's County Office of the Sheriff

Our thoughts and prayers are with the Pope Family. Here's an update from Sheriff Hofmann. http://youtu.be/5qBaMdwFlMA

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=242276489249909&id=272285886206

I can't think of another time I have seen the Sheriff in ANY missing persons case prepare and post a video like this one. I wanted to cry. They were also REALLY fast to post the word about recovery of a body on Saturday, unlike some LE who keep as much as possible under their hats. Thanks Sheriff Hofmann for being part of what makes QACo such a great place to live.

Why not just say HE fell asleep and that she had to knock for a while to rouse him? WHY make up the part about her falling asleep too? Why not say she told him she had to stop off at the gas station or mini mart or something en route, and he dozed off while waiting? Or that he had no idea what happened, but that he fell asleep because it took her longer than anticipated to arrive? Unless someone saw a human form slumped over in a running car in his driveway, why put her there at all?

If he is lying about the falling asleep, and I'm not saying he is, I'm just saying it sounds too weird in this particular instance; who knows why he would say one thing over another, we would be talking about someone who just murdered his wife, I don't think he would be thinking that clearly anyway. But if it were me, I would go with the both falling asleep story because I would think I could get away with that story more easily than saying she knocked on the door all that time. We are talking about 15-30 mins. Most people (well at least me) would not knock on the door that long, if he didn't answer the door, I would call him (and they would have that information with the cell records, and maybe they do, but that wasn't reported), or I would just leave and deal with him the next day.

Anyway my point is, it just doesn't sit right with me, and I could be wrong, but we do not know what someone in that situation (just murdered someone) would say to explain the situation.

maybe because he didn't know if she had spoken to anyone before/after speaking to him on the phone. If you lie ,it takes another lie to cover it up...imo

If he is lying about the falling asleep, and I'm not saying he is, I'm just saying it sounds too weird in this particular instance; who knows why he would say one thing over another, we would be talking about someone who just murdered his wife, I don't think he would be thinking that clearly anyway. But if it were me, I would go with the both falling asleep story because I would think I could get away with that story more easily than saying she knocked on the door all that time. We are talking about 15-30 mins. Most people (well at least me) would not knock on the door that long, if he didn't answer the door, I would call him (and they would have that information with the cell records, and maybe they do, but that wasn't reported), or I would just leave and deal with him the next day.

Anyway my point is, it just doesn't sit right with me, and I could be wrong, but we do not know what someone in that situation (just murdered someone) would say to explain the situation.

I guess my thought was that I sometimes say I am "on the way" even though I plan to stop to fill my gas tank, or pick up a cup of coffee on the way. He had no reason to say she was there in her car sleeping when he woke from his nap if it wasn't true. Why not say he tried to stay awake, dozed off, and when she arrived 15 minutes later than expected, she knocked and woke him?

Odd that since Robin went missing husband is said to have had no contact with friends, a new cell phone that friends do not have new #.

I did read somewhere that the dog died from hypothermia..but it wasn't confirmed by the vet. I also recall reading a quote from a close family friend that the dog was deathly afraid of the water (if true then either she was thrown in or jumped in because she sensed something with her owner).

I was wondering, when we read in the Bay Times the dog had not died from drowning or trauma. I am so glad they have found her. It was so awful thinking of her in he bay.

I guess my thought was that I sometimes say I am "on the way" even though I plan to stop to fill my gas tank, or pick up a cup of coffee on the way. He had no reason to say she was there in her car sleeping when he woke from his nap if it wasn't true. Why not say he tried to stay awake, dozed off, and when she arrived 15 minutes later than expected, she knocked and woke him?

I think we will hear he is a person of interest soon.

maybe because he didn't know if she had spoken to anyone before/after speaking to him on the phone. If you lie ,it takes another lie to cover it up...imo

All he had to do was check her phone. If he had killed her, that wouldn't have been difficult, prior to constructing the alibi story.

Odd that since Robin went missing husband is said to have had no contact with friends, a new cell phone that friends do not have new #.

Maybe LE froze his account and seized his phone? Or maybe he just didn't want everyone he knew calling to accuse, make suggestions, or offer sympathy...

FROM http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/lo...obin-popes-death-includes-high-profile-expert "Sources tell ABC2 Pope had no visible signs of intentional trauma, but Shipley indicates her body was partially decomposed so it could be tough for investigators to tell. That’s why he says investigators are waiting for the medical examiner’s office to weigh in on the cause of death. Shipley says they have no timeline for how long the examination will take, although it’s possible a finding of undetermined could be the final result."

So we might never get an answer. If there was bay water in her lungs, we could assume she went in alive, though not necessarily voluntarily, but I'd assume that would be one of the first things they'd have checked.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back