Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder. If they cannot determine cause of death, it will be very difficult to decide on a manner of death, i.e homicide, accident, etc.

It is nearly impossible to proceed with a case if cause of death is unavailable and there is no crime scene or other signs of foul play.

Just trivia - of no great importance, i was born into a family with Great Danes, excellent pillows when you are little:). Danes basically are 1 part mastiff x 2 part hound, they have no undercoat and long legs, they are built to run not swim they have a natural aversion to water, because their body build makes them crappy swimmers and also their lack of undercoat gives them little cold protection.

my 2 old whippets(hounds that hate water)(and the cat) just passed, i got them when my child was young, he left home and my little loves all died shortly after-it was very depressing. Next life i'll stagger my pets so everything dos'nt happen at once.

Bella the dane died, danes are big dogs, natural death is not pretty or easy, i still think that Robin may have been with Bella at that time and they were on a dock and fell together. If not for Bella's death i would suspect the husband JMO MOO

As far as the husbands phone and such- i would'nt be feeling to chatty either

Just trivia - of no great importance, i was born into a family with Great Danes, excellent pillows when you are little:). Danes basically are 1 part mastiff x 2 part hound, they have no undercoat and long legs, they are built to run not swim they have a natural aversion to water, because their body build makes them crappy swimmers and also their lack of undercoat gives them little cold protection.

my 2 old whippets(hounds that hate water)(and the cat) just passed, i got them when my child was young, he left home and my little loves all died shortly after-it was very depressing. Next life i'll stagger my pets so everything dos'nt happen at once.

Bella the dane died, danes are big dogs, natural death is not pretty or easy, i still think that Robin may have been with Bella at that time and they were on a dock and fell together. If not for Bella's death i would suspect the husband JMO MOO

As far as the husbands phone and such- i would'nt be feeling to chatty either

I hear you and I think that is very plausible. One thing, though, is that is was 37 degrees that night at midnight and slightly windy at 11mph, so that would put the wind chill in the mid-20s. Even if sad and distressed, I can't see someone sitting out on the dock for very long. If Bella was so sick that she was dying at that moment, then I don't believe Robin would have (1) tried to get Bella to go out into the cold but would've tried to make her comfortable instead, or (2) been able to get a Great Dane who is weak and dying to walk out onto the dock on its own accord (much less have been able to carry her).

Just some thoughts about that scenario.

pic.twitter.com/LCZR5l8E

RECENT PIC OF BELLA FROM RACHAEL'S (ROBIN'S DAUGHTER) TWITTER ACCT

Giant breed dogs have much more endurance than you would think! Whether she had cancer or not, that can not be a factor in her so untimely death. They are guardian dogs and their instinct is to protect. <modsnip>

If Bella didn't drown (have water in her lungs) then the only way she got out to the pier was to be carried and we know Robin was too tiny to do that.

I hope the autopsy sheds some light on whether there was water in Robin's lungs.

I don't know what to think right now. All I know is them both falling asleep when they were suppose to meet, in the way it happened makes absolutely no sense at all and is fishy as can be. I can see one of them falling asleep, but both of them??? If she was that tired, why didn't she just go home and go to bed and deal with getting some things from the house the next day??? Why did it have to be that night??? Even that part of the story sounds hinky to me. IMO.

If Bella didn't drown (have water in her lungs) then the only way she got out to the pier was to be carried and we know Robin was too tiny to do that.

I hope the autopsy sheds some light on whether there was water in Robin's lungs.

I don't know what to think right now. All I know is them both falling asleep when they were suppose to meet, in the way it happened makes absolutely no sense at all and is fishy as can be. I can see one of them falling asleep, but both of them??? If she was that tired, why didn't she just go home and go to bed and deal with getting some things from the house the next day??? Why did it have to be that night??? Even that part of the story sounds hinky to me. IMO.

I don't either. And this is what bugs me more than anything: the timeline. If her ex did this, then - if the timeline is correct - he only had from roughly 10:30 or 11pm until 1:30am to do it, plan the cover up, get help. I was thinking that IF he is guilty (and I have no idea anymore), then it must've been a crime of passion and happened in the heat-of-the-moment type of argument. But, what if it was premeditated? Not

Unless it really was someone else. And she wasn't placed in the water right away - and this 3rd-party didn't have to clean up, cover up, before contacting LE.

I just don't know right now. But I don't believe it happened there. I think she got into someone's vehicle for some reason or another.

I don't either. And this is what bugs me more than anything: the timeline. If her ex did this, then - if the timeline is correct - he only had from roughly 10:30 or 11pm until 1:30am to do it, plan the cover up, get help. I was thinking that IF he is guilty (and I have no idea anymore), then it must've been a crime of passion and happened in the heat-of-the-moment type of argument. But, what if it was premeditated? Not

Unless it really was someone else. And she wasn't placed in the water right away - and this 3rd-party didn't have to clean up, cover up, before contacting LE.

I just don't know right now. But I don't believe it happened there. I think she got into someone's vehicle for some reason or another.

IF it's hubby, I don't think it was premeditated but as you said, a crime of passion. Cover up planning time was limited. Had it just been her and not the dog, this would be easier to figure out, but adding the dog in really confuses things for me.

I've got to give the 3rd party idea some thought. Where was her body for the past 3 weeks before it appeared in the water Sunday??? Those waters were searched after Bella was found.

I have read and reread articles online about this case. I have tried to imagine every scenario and I come up with one idea, then go to another. It's so sad and confusing. I did wonder if Robin's husband had contacted the daughters to support them, or if he is avoiding everyone...

I hope Bella and Robin are together somewhere right now. I am literally lost as to what might have happened to them in this life so I will wait for LE or smarter websleuthers to figure it out.

IF it's hubby, I don't think it was premeditated but as you said, a crime of passion. Cover up planning time was limited. Had it just been her and not the dog, this would be easier to figure out, but adding the dog in really confuses things for me.

I've got to give the 3rd party idea some thought. Where was her body for the past 3 weeks before it appeared in the water Sunday??? Those waters were searched after Bella was found.

Sadly I think she may have been weighted down.

All he had to do was check her phone. If he had killed her, that wouldn't have been difficult, prior to constructing the alibi story.
I would agree if it was premeditated but it's the little things that sometimes go unnoticed in an emotional/panicked state of mind. If he touched her phone ,his prints would be on it , If he erased his prints then no prints would be on the phone and that would raise red flags also...just a thought.

Then IF he did it, I'm wondering how someone who kills an ex in a fit of rage/crime of passion does it so quickly, hides the body, recovers emotionally, and then goes to her friend's home in a matter of a few hours. I'm not saying he didn't do it - I really am at a loss on this case - but that's a narrow timeline. If true, then there are bound to be mistakes made in haste. I wonder what his demeanor was when he showed up at the friend's home?

Then IF he did it, I'm wondering how someone who kills an ex in a fit of rage/crime of passion does it so quickly, hides the body, recovers emotionally, and then goes to her friend's home in a matter of a few hours. I'm not saying he didn't do it - I really am at a loss on this case - but that's a narrow timeline. If true, then there are bound to be mistakes made in haste. I wonder what his demeanor was when he showed up at the friend's home?
I'd like to know the conversation between WP and the woman who drove with him to the apartment to see if Robin was there. I m sure LE will/has interviewed her on this. We are also assuming the beginning of the timeline is correct. I didn't read anything to collaborate it with WP's version. There is just a cellphone call. Maybe it was WP making the call to his own home( or to his own cellphone, they would both be using the same cell tower) using her phone...

While I agree it may possible that she was weighted down, I have done a little research on drowning victims and the estimated time it takes them to come to the surface. Different factors play into this such as the amount of fat contained in body tissue and the temperature of the water. I'll provide a link to an article that provides further explanation. To sum up, the article claims that it can take several weeks for a drowning victim to rise to the surface especially if they drowned in cold water and have more lean muscle tissue than fat tissue.

http://www.operationtakemehome.org/sar/Fire and Rescue Personnel/Biology of drowning.pdf

I would agree if it was premeditated but it's the little things that sometimes go unnoticed in an emotional/panicked state of mind. If he touched her phone ,his prints would be on it , If he erased his prints then no prints would be on the phone and that would raise red flags also...just a thought.

If he had the presence of mind to consider the possibility that she had called someone during the missing time, I would expect him to check. If he did not consider this, why make a provision for it in the story? Plus, it was cold. I have gloves that have fingertips that are made of something that allows you to use a touchscreen phone without removing them. I actually had 2 pair, but bought two pair that were all black and split them up to make four pair, since I only use the right on the screen. I bet my phone would appear to have been wiped clean if anyone checked it. If he had handled it with winter gloves, I think that would keep his prints off, leave hers on, and nobody could prove who used the phone wearing gloves.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back