Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
MSP PRESS RELEASE TUESDAY, MARCH 5, 2013

LAND AND WATER SEARCHES CONTINUE TODAY FOR MISSING
QUEEN ANNE’S CO. WOMAN

(STEVENSVILLE, MD) – Police divers are returning to the Chesapeake Bay today as ground teams look for evidence on land in the ongoing search for the missing Queen Anne’s County woman.

The search is continuing for Robin L. Pope, 51, of Stevensville, Md. Pope was reported missing early on the morning of March 2, 2013, by her estranged husband. He said his wife had come to the home Friday night to retrieve some belongings. After she arrived, he left the home. When he returned early Saturday morning, his wife’s black 2011 Infinity was still in the driveway, but she was not at the residence.

This morning divers with the Natural Resources Police will return to the Chesapeake Bay in the area behind the Pope home. They will be assisted by a Natural Resources Police boat equipped with sonar that will be scanning the waters of the Bay.

A search will also be occurring on land. Trained citizen search team volunteers from the Delmarva region and Cecil County are on Kent Island and will be searching the region around the Pope home. They are working with State Police Homicide Unit investigators and Forensic Sciences Division crime scene technicians in a coordinated search of the area, looking for any clues related to the disappearance of Ms. Pope.

Investigators continue to conduct interviews, follow-up on leads and search records as they work to develop information related to Ms. Pope’s disappearance. Police are still requesting the help of anyone who may have information about Ms. Pope. Calls should be directed to State Police at the Centreville Barrack at 410-758-1101. Callers may remain confidential.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151262634646207&id=272285886206

Queen Anne County press releases - a video and a page for Robin -

Public Information ‏@qacpressrelease
CRITICAL MISSING PERSON: ROBIN LEE POPE 51 Year Old White Female from Kent Island. http://wp.me/p33HMK-Ql
http://www.qactv.com/uncategorized/...pe-51-year-old-white-female-from-kent-island/

Public Information ‏@qacpressrelease
CRITICAL MISSING PERSON: ROBIN LEE POPE: http://youtu.be/iD6vdkyyegM?a via @YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD6vdkyyegM&feature=youtu.be&a

Picture of Robin from page above -

480931_3640131255359_937697483_n.jpg

Thanks for the updated links posts. Glad to see they are continuing searches (water and on land) today. I noted on the FB page for RP that there is much speculation on husband being responsible for RP missing; and several friends/family asking that the comments stop on that site. While the last to see a missing person or the husband/boyfriend is always a person of interest when there is not a rock solid alibi - I understand the need/request to keep things positive on that site. That said, I am glad we have WS to come to and respectfully discuss the known aspects of cases like this applying lessons from past cases. With no public statements by husband on his timeline/alibi or LE on their specific investigation findings - leaves me with the feeling (MOO) that LE has something and is trying to find RP and tie up some loose ends.

Just as a side note: I noted that husband's FB page has been removed - it was there Sunday. There could be any number of reasons for this - not saying it leads me to a conclusion - just noted it.

I feel confident that LE is on this case and working hard to gather information. I bet the cell records, as well as comments made to friends/others by both RP and WP, in days leading to last Friday are important. I would be amiss not including the possibility that someone could have followed RP to the Beach Rd. house location. If there was a struggle (in wee hours of morning and dark) there must have been some type of evidence in the light of day. I feel like they have searched the house, yard, cars and road thoroughly. The report that her keys, purse and phone were found in her car - puzzles me. Hopefully more information will be shared; however based on past cases I suspect we will not hear these level of details until an arrest is made.

It was sad about Bella being located deceased. I've seen several stories stated in several ways.... one thing I am still not clear on is.... was Bella staying at the house on Beach Rd. with WP? Or was Bella staying with RP and rode over to the Beach Rd house with RP that night? Anyone know the FACT on this?

Any feedback to my ramblings are welcome. Prayers for RP, family, searchers and law enforcement. I know this is very upsetting for neighbors and those in this community.

I wonder why she went there so late at night to get her things. That seems really strange unless it was normal for her to be active at that time of night or, as some others have speculated, did WP call her to come over then for some reason...dog is sick, etc ???

I'm not ready to throw WP under the bus just yet. So many times we see significant others wait to report a person missing and that is construed as hinky. Yeah, they argued, who doesn't after a long relationship (their daughter is 17, even though they only got married a few years ago officially)? The lady in Turkey who was killed apparently simply met up with a rogue homeless psycho even though the last person to talk to her was under the gun until DNA proved differently. The dog's necropsy findings have changed the way I feel about this completely.

I'm not ready to throw WP under the bus just yet. So many times we see significant others wait to report a person missing and that is construed as hinky. Yeah, they argued, who doesn't after a long relationship (their daughter is 17, even though they only got married a few years ago officially)? The lady in Turkey who was killed apparently simply met up with a rogue homeless psycho even though the last person to talk to her was under the gun until DNA proved differently. The dog's necropsy findings have changed the way I feel about this completely.

Here's my problem Surfie. The 11:30 PM-2 AM time frame. Who goes to collect left items at that time? If it was reported she came in the morning or afternoon it would be more believable IMO.

Plus where did he go at that hour to kill 3 hours? Someone has to have seen him if he went to a bar or 24 hour store, right?

Cheryl Conner ‏@CherylfromABC2
A vigil is planned tonight for Robin Pope, on the beach where her dog was found dead. Friends have it scheduled for 7 p.m.

IF someone wanted to set the ex up - well this would be the perfect time, if someone were privvy to her going there that night.

Tuesday morning divers with Natural Resources Police returned to the Bay waters behind the Pope home. They were assisted by an NRP boat equipped with sonar.

Two trained civilian search teams from the Cecil County Delmarva region worked with MSP homicide investigators and Forensic Sciences Division technicians to conduct a coordinated search of the area around the Pope residence.

"We did a really intense search today," said Greg Shipley, Maryland State Police spokesman, late Tuesday afternoon.

NRP divers and boat went out early Tuesday morning and were still searching at 4 p.m., he said. This was the third extensive water search since Robin Pope went missing. The civilian teams scoured the area near the Popes' residence. However, the seaches developed no new leads to Robin's whereabouts.

http://www.myeasternshoremd.com/new...cle_25f33f3e-85e6-11e2-a672-001a4bcf887a.html

Here's my problem Surfie. The 11:30 PM-2 AM time frame. Who goes to collect left items at that time? If it was reported she came in the morning or afternoon it would be more believable IMO.

Plus where did he go at that hour to kill 3 hours? Someone has to have seen him if he went to a bar or 24 hour store, right?

In the comments section of one of the first articles, someone mentioned seeing Robin in Annapolis that night. Maybe she was on her way home and stopped by to pick up something. (I have actually wondered if someone followed her.)

I see no problem with Mr. Pope going out from 11 - 2 a.m. It was a Friday night and many people in that area go clubbing during that time period. (Not saying I know where he went.)

IF someone wanted to set the ex up - well this would be the perfect time, if someone were privvy to her going there that night.
they would also have to know if/when he would leave and when he would return, too many variables for my taste.

In the comments section of one of the first articles, someone mentioned seeing Robin in Annapolis that night. Maybe she was on her way home and stopped by to pick up something. (I have actually wondered if someone followed her.)

I see no problem with Mr. Pope going out from 11 - 2 a.m. It was a Friday night and many people in that area go clubbing during that time period. (Not saying I know where he went.)
don't you think she would have the key to her own home? So why would he wait for her and then leave upon her arrival? more questions...answers anyone?

don't you think she would have the key to her own home? So why would he wait for her and then leave upon her arrival? more questions...answers anyone?

I have no idea, since we have not been provided much/any information. Since she had moved to another location, I don't know if she would have kept a set of keys to the house where he was living alone.

Just guessing, but it is possible he had a set time to meet someone and it just coincided with her arrival at the home.

Prayers for her safe return.

It might be possible that Robin took Bella on a walk on the beach, Bella might have had an attack of some kind due to her illness and ended up in the water. Robin went in to try to save her, and being only 105 lbs herself got knocked in and/or knocked out? The article said Bella was found on the beach of a nearby residence.

It might be possible that Robin took Bella on a walk on the beach, Bella might have had an attack of some kind due to her illness and ended up in the water. Robin went in to try to save her, and being only 105 lbs herself got knocked in and/or knocked out? The article said Bella was found on the beach of a nearby residence.

I actually wondered if Bella died and she was trying to give her a burial,in the water.

I think she was called to come there, maybe he called and said the dog was dying,
I dont think she went there at that time to pick up some things

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay