Found Deceased MD - Robin Pope, 51, Stevensville, Kent Island, 1 March 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If a shovel was found nearby, perhaps Bella passed away and Robin was burying her when someone came along?

I wondered about the shovel also Redux. Wondered whether it was involved in any way with RP's disappearance. Did it belong to the Popes? Was it in the yard next to a yard project in progress or not? Any forensic evidence on the shovel? To the best of my knowledge, nothing has been said publicly about the shovel than it was found nearby. Anyone know any more?

Family Of Missing Stevensville Woman To Hold Community Search This Weekend
KENT ISLAND, Md. (WJZ) — Gone without a trace. That’s the reality an Eastern Shore family is dealing with. As police continue to search for their mother, the family is helping investigators with a search of their own.
State police are calling the disappearance of Robin Pope suspicious. Her family is too.
http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/...o-hold-community-search-this-weekend/#respond

It was good to see the video with RP's daughters talking; so clear they are very worried and trying to keep thinking positive outcomes. I know they are feeling confused, worried, exhausted and yet want to do everything they can. They seem to have a good support system - a good thing. Glad they are having an all out extensive search this weekend and pray that they will get answers.

Just my observation and MOO, the terms "suspicious" and "odd" to describe RP's going missing caused me to pause as I was pondering the case. Since she is vanished; car, purse, keys just left in the driveway; been missing a week; no known contact with anyone; lack of contact with her family as was her norm; and her being an involved person with friends and work - I may have selected the phrase .... "something is terribly wrong" or "she must be in big trouble". The choice of words may be a regional thing or there may be other non-publicly known factors. I wish law enforcement could/would release additional specific details; such as RP's timeline for last week and specifically Friday. Or information on the shovel or cell records and such. I guess WP is upset and worried as well; would like to see him standing next to the daughters or making a plea for anyone that may know anything to contact LE. Even though I know they likely will not until either an arrest is made or RP is located, I still wish they would. Prayers that the weekend search will be fruitful.

One additional item caught my attention. First, want to be clear that I am not making any accusations whatsoever. Also, this is my opinion only (MOO) - that this item may or may not have any significance in RP gone missing. However, it caught my spidey eye. On RP's FB page (her personal one) a post shows that she is now friends with 4 new friends and lists their names (the post has a FB date of March 1st). I believe that may mean that at least one of the 4 listed were actually friended on 3/1. I looked on all 4 of the new friends FB pages and see that RP is shown as a friend on 3 of them. However, on one of the new friend's pages, RP is not showing as a friend at all. Makes me think possibly she was unfriended or put in hidden mode. Could be nothing...... could be significant in some way. Hopefully LE has already explored this. Again, this is just my opinion that this is "odd".

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Queen-Annes-County-Office-of-the-Sheriff/272285886206

Investigators and the Sheriff's Office are still actively seeking any information with this case. We are working with allied agencies and making sure every tip is passed along, investigated and followed up with. Tips can be reported to Maryland State Police at 410.758.1101 or our office at 410.758.0770 or emailed to our office at sheriff-info@qac.org. You can remain anonymous. Thoughts and prayers with the Pope Family.

finally, an update or should we say 'mention', 3 hours ago

This is my first time here, and this site is very interesting! I've always read mysteries, and followed missing persons cases, just hoping for them to be found with a good outcome. I live close to Kent Island. There are definitely those around here who think that her husband is suspicious. Just looking at the facts, who wouldn't think that? It was the police who originally thought the dog had trauma to her torso and reported it. Of course we don't know what happened, but there is a lot of speculation going on. There are those who think she may have been followed, or someone may have known she was going to be there came while her husband was gone, too. It's totally normal, and expected, to think those scenarios. It's just too strange of a case, and the dog situation makes it more of a mystery. She's a beautiful woman, judging from her facebook pictures. I'm so sorry to see the family go through this. It's creepy having something like this happen so close to home. Stuff like this doesn't happen very often in this area at all. I don't know either personally, but living in such a small area, I've found I know lots of people connected to her or people close to her. I have a special place in my heart for the missing or lost and their families. All of us here are hoping for the best.

This is my first time here, and this site is very interesting! I've always read mysteries, and followed missing persons cases, just hoping for them to be found with a good outcome. I live close to Kent Island. There are definitely those around here who think that her husband is suspicious. Just looking at the facts, who wouldn't think that? It was the police who originally thought the dog had trauma to her torso and reported it. Of course we don't know what happened, but there is a lot of speculation going on. There are those who think she may have been followed, or someone may have known she was going to be there came while her husband was gone, too. It's totally normal, and expected, to think those scenarios. It's just too strange of a case, and the dog situation makes it more of a mystery. She's a beautiful woman, judging from her facebook pictures. I'm so sorry to see the family go through this. It's creepy having something like this happen so close to home. Stuff like this doesn't happen very often in this area at all. I don't know either personally, but living in such a small area, I've found I know lots of people connected to her or people close to her. I have a special place in my heart for the missing or lost and their families. All of us here are hoping for the best.

:Welcome1:

Welcome to WS EasternShoreSunshine; glad you joined the forum discussion. Excellent first post.

One quick question. Do you know whether RP's cell phone was found in her car or the house? The reports I've seen have not specifically mentioned the cell. Glad to have you discussing the case with us.

Welcome to Websleuths! Hope you have lots of fun looking around. I have only been a member for 8 or 9 months and sometimes it is addictive! (like roller coasters) :rollercoaster:

Welcome to WS EasternShoreSunshine; glad you joined the forum discussion. Excellent first post.

One quick question. Do you know whether RP's cell phone was found in her car or the house? The reports I've seen have not specifically mentioned the cell. Glad to have you discussing the case with us.

The first report that I read said that the cell was found in her car, along with her purse.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

http://www.stardem.com/news/local_news/article_f0a0c1bc-89d7-11e2-b833-001a4bcf887a.html

some snips: " More than 200 volunteers, some from as far away as Florida and Virginia, joined in the search efforts Sunday morning..."

" Sunday morning, prior to registration of volunteers taking place, it was clear that everyone at UCVFD was prepared and organized. Personnel from the Queen Anne's County Sheriff's Office and Maryland State Police were also visible and ready to serve."

6 photos of search organizers & Vols.
http://www.stardem.com/news/local_news/article_f0a0c1bc-89d7-11e2-b833-001a4bcf887a.html?mode=image

The first report that I read said that the cell was found in her car, along with her purse.

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Thanks for your reply EasternShoreSunshine. I read the same in an early report. But, several of the more recent reports say.... keys, purse, and cash (do not say cell); so it made me wonder. However, yesterday in reviewing news reports I read one where her daughter stated that her mother's cell phone was in the car. Brings me to the conclusion that the cell was in the car. Thx for your post.

Update from the sheriff's office -

Queen Anne's Sheriff ‏@QAsheriff
The investigation into the disappearance of Robin Pope is continuing and the Queen Anne’s Office of the Sheriff... http://fb.me/26lWPwEHd

The investigation into the disappearance of Robin Pope is continuing and the Queen Anne’s Office of the Sheriff will continue to use all available resources to keep her case in the public eye.

With the Maryland State Police being the lead agency in this investigation, all updates are issued by their spokesman and will be posted as soon as available to us. We are unable to answer your posted questions in order not to jeopardize the investigation. Any tips received are promptly relayed to investigators.

We do ask that you continue to share her picture and any updates when posted.

My sister lives in Kent Island Estates and has, on at least one occasion, taken the smaller dog back to the house because it was running free in the neighborhood. Seems it was a common occurance with the dogs. My sister does not know RP or WP. Although, she has from neighbors heard that WP is a very nice guy and would not hurt a fly. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back